Is250 Sports Lux Or Is350 Prestige

Hi, thinking of upgrading to a late model Is. Which do you think would be a better buy? Is250 sports Luxury or a base Is350? Having difficulty choosing between the extra toys or extra power.

Depends if you are a power nut. If you love hooning it, and taking honda civic's and putting them back in their place, then 350P.

Otherwise, power shouldn't be important, and 250SL is the way to go.

You will get different opinions based on what people value in a car.

The 350 is a no brainer! What do you get in the SL?

Radar cruise

Memory seats

Cooled seats

Anything else???

The 350x is great buying. My parents recently bought one. I borrowed a 350p from Lexus for a week whilst mine was being serviced and it was fantastic to drive with all the features I had come to be used to.

The 350 is a no brainer! What do you get in the SL?

Radar cruise

Memory seats

Cooled seats

Anything else???

18" wheels, pre-crash collision system, HID lights, moonroof as standard, better quality leather, Mark Levinson audio, auto dimming/auto dipping mirrors, rain sensing wipers, woodgrain ... Plenty of features not available in the Prestige; the question is, which ones would you really miss, and how much of a value you place on them.

Good point LexusNerd. The 350 has great power. but after being a prestige owner for three years i am CONSTANTLY disapointed with what i COULD have had. My next car will be powerful and with the gadgets. My opinion is wait a bit save some more money on the trade in / deposit and get the 350 F sport.

Some really good points. Part of me is thinking that if I go for a prestige, I will always be wanting more once I became use to the extra power.

Having had a sports luxury before, I think I will miss all those 'nice to haves'. Looks like I will have to wait and save for a while and go for a 350 Sports Luxury.

The only features in that list I would want are the rims,leather and memory seats.

Is the perforated leather an upgrade these days?the flat leather is very plain looking/feeling.

I'd happily take the engine over those three though. Take one for a test drive. Youlle be hooked!

F Sport owners can correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe you'll only get the perforations in the Sports Luxury, as they exist to allow for the seat ventilation.

Having said that, there isn't a direct relationship between the perforations and the leather quality. The current IS 250 X includes semi-anline leather as found in the Sports Luxury, which basically means it's a more luxurious look and feel.

Hmm, I've got perforations in my Prestige 2009 model.

Sport Luxury also means heavier/slower car and more things to break... or so I keep convincing myself :P

Haha. F SPORT FTW!!!

• 2 weeks later...

I cant find specs to show the differnce 0-100 for the Prestige or the Sport, they both have the same engine size.

I'm looking at a new Prestige for $60k 0-100 in 5.8 secs seems terribly cheap when I see the other 350's at $80k and above ? why the difference I'm confused.

I cant see the point spending extra on an ISF to get down ro 4.8 0-100

Wheels/suspension/ gadgets make up the difference. I remember seeing in motor mag the f sport was slightly quicker. I think it might have to do with suspension/takeoff. I thought they all used the same motor/output.

What did you end up going with mate or are you still deciding? I'd probably go the is350 if I had the choice because the power would be nice.

Bought one of these new - 2.9% finance was hard to knock back.

http://www.carsales.com.au/bncis/details/lexus-is350-2012-12931106?base=1216&vertical=Car&cr=0&eapi=2&__N=4294739647+1246+1247+1252+1282+4294965468+4294715635+1216&num=15&silo=Stock&sort=default

Got a choice of red, grey or white ?

Any ideas ? , think I'll go for the whilte !