You Have To Have Kw!

Brisman

Honestly, for the early models this should be the first Mod.

Here's the story.

Hi Guys,

I bought my ISF in Jan 2010, demo, 3 months old, 1000K's approx.

Nothing for a couple of years then added;

Joe Z Exhaust
Joe Z Intake Pipe
Ported & Polished Intake Manifold.

All done by Lexus of Brisbane here in Oz.

Tyre change when due about the 20K (12.5K miles) mark on the Bridgestone OEM's.

Went with Michelin Pilot Super Sports, 245/35 and 265/30.

The MPSS are currently running about 25K (approx 16K miles), looking like there is about 10K (6k miles) left in them.

So, approx 35K (23K miles) from the Michelin, 20K ( 13K miles) from the OEM's.

Very impressed with these and definitely worth the extra money.

Professional paint correction after a couple of years after some clown totally ruined my paintwork
(he was supposed to be a professional detailer).

I'll link the paint correction thread later.

Now, in the last week I've had KW V3 fitted.

Recommended settings for the ISF and down 30mm (1 inch).

This should have been the first upgrade.

Anybody with the stock suspension on the earlier models should spend the money on the KW Coilovers first.

It's like night and day with the quality of the ride and handling.

Had the tint done in "Octane", legal here is 35%,, not allowed to touch the front windscreen.

What's next?

I'm going to blacken out the chrome around the windows and the grill, change the back to 275/30.

I looked at new alloys but honestly the OEM's against Obsidian Black are spectacular, they look huge with the KW drop.

Maybe a brake caliper paint in red?

Every time I do something i feel like I'm getting a new car.

Here's a couple of pics.

Cheers

IMG_8310_zpsa428cef4.jpg
IMG_8283_zpse6cf9311.jpg

Hi MAte,

Is it like having the softer suspension of the IS250/350 put into the ISF? Im looking for a solution to the harsh ride of my my11

I wouldn't go that far, but it's like night and day for me with the '09, it's a much smoother ride along with the same handling as the OEM suspension.

You will definitely notice the difference.

Donald, sounds great. Would be interested to see how much difference it is compared to the MY11/MY12 suspensions

Okay, we'll get together again soon and see what you think.

I think Marvin wants to feel what it's like as well.

• Like 1

Great thread. The car looks awesome.

I really like the stock wheels but the offset frustrates me. Lowering the car seems to have helped with how big they are, they look great on your car.

Can I ask what the go is with a lot of people blackening the chrome around the windows is about? It still leaves a fair bit of chrome/polished finish on the car (grill, headlights on early cars - my biggest styling gripe, rims, badging, etc).

Great thread. The car looks awesome.

I really like the stock wheels but the offset frustrates me. Lowering the car seems to have helped with how big they are, they look great on your car.

Can I ask what the go is with a lot of people blackening the chrome around the windows is about? It still leaves a fair bit of chrome/polished finish on the car (grill, headlights on early cars - my biggest styling gripe, rims, badging, etc).

I think the black out is just a personal choice, some like it some don't.

The emblems have been done at the back, there's a thread on this.

Marvin is going to try the grill surround soon and I'll be giving this a go as well.

Some like chrome, some don't.

IMG_8379_zps51d3ae5d.jpg

IMG_8380_zpseb110e93.jpg

Honestly, for the early models this should be the first Mod.

Here's the story.

Hi Guys,

I bought my ISF in Jan 2010, demo, 3 months old, 1000K's approx.

Nothing for a couple of years then added;

Joe Z Exhaust

Joe Z Intake Pipe

Ported & Polished Intake Manifold.

All done by Lexus of Brisbane here in Oz.

Tyre change when due about the 20K (12.5K miles) mark on the Bridgestone OEM's.

Went with Michelin Pilot Super Sports, 245/35 and 265/30.

The MPSS are currently running about 25K (approx 16K miles), looking like there is about 10K (6k miles) left in them.

So, approx 35K (23K miles) from the Michelin, 20K ( 13K miles) from the OEM's.

Very impressed with these and definitely worth the extra money.

Professional paint correction after a couple of years after some clown totally ruined my paintwork

(he was supposed to be a professional detailer).

I'll link the paint correction thread later.

Now, in the last week I've had KW V3 fitted.

Recommended settings for the ISF and down 30mm (1 inch).

This should have been the first upgrade.

Anybody with the stock suspension on the earlier models should spend the money on the KW Coilovers first.

It's like night and day with the quality of the ride and handling.

Had the tint done in "Octane", legal here is 35%,, not allowed to touch the front windscreen.

What's next?

I'm going to blacken out the chrome around the windows and the grill, change the back to 275/30.

I looked at new alloys but honestly the OEM's against Obsidian Black are spectacular, they look huge with the KW drop.

Maybe a brake caliper paint in red?

Every time I do something i feel like I'm getting a new car.

Here's a couple of pics.

CheersIMG_8310_zpsa428cef4.jpgIMG_8283_zpse6cf9311.jpg%5D%C2%A0

Donald your car looks awesome with the. KW's. I told you the ride is a huge improvement from factory suspension.

What's next?

Looks great mate - glad you did it. It was my first mod and it always will be with any car ;)

I've learned a lesson there, I didn't think it would make such a difference, the ride is much better along with the handling.

It'll be my first mod in future.

mikenbn, Bullitt, where did you guys get your steering wheel from?

Hi Mike, thanks for that.

I was hoping there was somewhere else, unfortunately Swell are very expensive for shipping, $187 for the steering wheel and $157 for a gear shifter.

A bit expensive in my book.

Thanks anyway, I might have to bite the bullet with them.

Donald

• 1 month later...

Looking great Donald!

Have you thought about getting the PPE headers at all?

No headers at this stage. I'd like to get some more feedback from guys that have them fitted.

It's supposed to be a great mod. for power gains and sound but to me there seems to be quite a few that are having problems in the US, too many for my liking.

Anyway, here's the Blackout chrome trim, an easy mod. thanks Bullitt.

I love the way it looks but I am leaving the grill, I think the car would be "too" black for me if I did this as well.

And the last two pics, professional shots by a friend.

IMG_8800_zps61dfa8c6.jpg

IMG_8741_zps8bca85d5.jpg

IMG_0013_zps6d6250bd.png

IMG_0020_zps03392aff.png

• 4 weeks later...

Looking good! I've got the PPE headers ordered from Sydney and should arrive next week, will let you all know how it goes!

This is exciting, can I ask who's fitting them?

We will have to get together soon!

Looking good! I've got the PPE headers ordered from Sydney and should arrive next week, will let you all know how it goes!

Awesome. Very keen to hear any dyno results, in the US the headers are the things that makes the power difference. With variable results (often little or no gain) for the exhaust itself.

I'm getting Exotic Exhaust at Sumner Park to do the install. I've heard it can be tricky, but they've done some good work for me over the years. If they manage to get it installed without any scrubbing or CEL, you can all go get yours done with them. I'm happy to be the guinea pig!

• 3 weeks later...

Hi Donald

Unfortunately I've been quite busy at work lately so haven't really gotten it installed yet (it's still sitting in my garage). I'm going to give Lexus a call to see if they are willing to install it (seems a bit safer if anything goes wrong)

• 1 year later...

Hi mate,

I have had the kw3 on my car for a year now and I have to say I am not a huge fan personally. When ever I go over a ditch you really feel it and there is a loud thump in the cabin. I have have had it adjusted 3 times now by city performance and it's back to the original ride height to try to contain the banging noise whenever I go over a ditch. I have taken one of the technicians for a drive and they recon it's normal.

they are great on the track which it sees once a year if that, but they are embarrassing when I have people in the car if the roads are bad.

I wouldn't say the car feels like a Lexus anymore, it reminds me of my 02 wax sti I had a decade ago...

Hi mate,

I have had the kw3 on my car for a year now and I have to say I am not a huge fan personally. When ever I go over a ditch you really feel it and there is a loud thump in the cabin. I have have had it adjusted 3 times now by city performance and it's back to the original ride height to try to contain the banging noise whenever I go over a ditch. I have taken one of the technicians for a drive and they recon it's normal.

they are great on the track which it sees once a year if that, but they are embarrassing when I have people in the car if the roads are bad.

I wouldn't say the car feels like a Lexus anymore, it reminds me of my 02 wax sti I had a decade ago...

Exact same experience here, at first was nice much better than stock but gradually degraded to a level now unbearable. It is at the moment in the workshop hope they can figure it out. When going over cracks and small bumps it feels like I am driving on stone cart wheels.