Rr racing vs figs

18ADF

Ok I'm sure this topic has popped up before but I cbf looking.

rr racing usrs vs figs pros and cons...

one pro for rr is its $348us apposed to $328+150 for a billet housing if u want the housing to go with it. Anyone run either of these?

i see the figs is more of a bearing configuration apposed to relying more on the bushing itself like rr's.

group buy time?

IMG_1119.JPG

IMG_1120.GIF

I love a lot of the figs products, with these I just think rr design would have more resistance over the more solid design of figs. Also has me wondering what the longetivity would be like on the bearing and whether it would require maintenance/replacement over time.

I think the Fig one would be more suited for track work, you probably get a lot more NHV ,there poly bushes (Figs)would be better for a DD.

I reckon a 3rd option is the FIGS item with the poly bush:  http://shopfigs.com/v3/by-vehicle/IS/CAT-LEXUS-2IS-3GS-ISF/G2ISHP-FRLCA-SP3491K-IN-BRKT

I like the conical bush on it, it should be more refined than the RR while still providing the same side to side stiffness

The SuperPro kit is a great option, and will be heaps cheaper than the American alternatives!

You will need a press to DIY it, but any good suspension shop will be able to do it...and it'll just be 15mins labour more than fitting up the ready-made RR unit.

Or...you could DIY it and take the old bushing housing and SuperPro bits to a pro to have them pressed in...they'll probably only charge you $25 and then you bring it home and refit :)

On 6/30/2017 at 10:19 AM, 18ADF said:

I love a lot of the figs products, with these I just think rr design would have more resistance over the more solid design of figs. Also has me wondering what the longetivity would be like on the bearing and whether it would require maintenance/replacement over time.

It depends entirely on the quality of the bearing used.  I've had suspension pillowball bearings wear out in 8000kms, and I've had them last 40,000kms and are still going strong...I have had more luck with japanese bearings than USA ones (even name-branded ones).

5 hours ago, 18ADF said:

Wow thanks, wasn't aware superpro had a listing for the isf 

http://superpro.com.au/find/superpro-bushing-kit-for-a-superpro-suspension-parts-and-poly-bushings-for-lexus-is-f-use2-11-2007-on-/productnr-SPF3491K/cid-999501448/vid-

This is it. Just grab the part number & google it. Quite a few places in Oz have them.

• Like 1

• 3 months later...
On 10/6/2017 at 3:17 PM, banserki said:

Has anyone used these SuperPro ones? ~$160 vs $550 for the RR or Figs sounds much better.

You have a part number or link?

7 hours ago, banserki said:

Let us know how they go and feel like once installed ?

On 13/10/2017 at 6:15 AM, Gen03 said:

Let us know how they go and feel like once installed ?

They feel great! Definately a little more input feel at the steering wheel. The car feels much funner to throw around, add to that the larger tyres I had put ontoday too. Cost me $170 at the mechanic to be installed.

• 2 years later...

Here are two short video of under my ISF at Eastern Creek watching everything work.  The first one is on the Brabham Circuit with the standard castor bushes.   The standard castor bushes move around a lot more than the RR Racing ones in the second video which was on the GP Circuit.  Also look at the poor Michelin Pilot Sport Cup 2 tyre bend in the corners.

P.S.  It looks like it has only installed a link!

Under Bit.aviUnder.avi

• Like 1

Thanks 2bling, it is good to watch everything working on the ISF, a view you don’t see very often.  I like to video everything if I can at track days.  with this coronavirus I’m watching more of my videos.  

• 3 months later...

Hello All.

I have just bought a 2010 ISF and am looking at the key upgrade bits. It seems the suspension bushes help tyre wear and handling. I just don't know which ones are needed? Please excuse my ignorance but what are the bushes that should be replaced?

And do I get Superpro, Nolethane or ERCF bushes?

Any help would be much appreciated.

Dave

Thanks 2 bling. I did see them but they are very expensive and I imagine add a bit more sharpness to the ride. My 2010 is stock and pretty firm as it is ;).

Is it just the lower control arm bushes that are important to change?

45853 - NOLATHANE FRONT LOWER CONTROL ARM INNER REAR BUSHING KIT 

$115.00 from Repco or .......

Fitting time estimated 2 hours.

They will do the job just fine.

And Backed By A Limited Lifetime Warranty.

Win win 😀😀😀

Peter.K