Can You Playing A Data Dvd In The Ml Audio Rather Than Just A Cd?

Hi Guys,

I was wondering if there is a special way you need to burn your data DVD's in the ML audio, as I burnt a Data DVD and a CD and the ML audio read the CD but did nothing with the data DVD. Is it possible to put a whole bunch of tunes on a data DVD as it holds more rather than on CD.

Any tips would be appreciated. I am using Nero to burn DVD's and CD's.

Best Regards,

Naz

Whilst I dont have the pleasure of having a ML system in my machine (just the still very capable Pioneer unit), I am pretty sure the unit will only work just as your standard home hi-fi DVD player will work - that is it will only recognise DVD 'images' (as movies) on DVD discs, and CD audio (mp3 or cda files) on CD discs. The unit is not a 'data reader' like the burners on a computer can do.

You can use a program to make a DVD-A (such as DVDAGUI), but it converts your mp3s to wav which kind of negates the extra space a DVD will give you since a wav file will be much larger then the original mp3.

Stick with mp3 CDs (you can use all 6 slots in the changer for CD mp3s). However, I would suggest using an mp3 player, such as an iPod connected to your AUX port to save burning and re-burning all the time.

• 2 weeks later...
The M/L unit can play MP3 burnt onto a DVD. 4.7Gb of MP3 goodness. Also plays movie DVD.. but who uses that feature??? Better off going home and watching it!

Mine certainly doesn't play MP3 from DVD. CD yes, but not DVD.

• 1 month later...
The M/L unit can play MP3 burnt onto a DVD. 4.7Gb of MP3 goodness. Also plays movie DVD.. but who uses that feature??? Better off going home and watching it!

I've tried a number of times to burn a DVD-R loaded with MP3's and had no success. I dont think its possible. If anyone's got any tips, i'd be happy to hear them. I concur with the DVD comment - ive never used the DVD feature to watch movies.

I concur with the DVD comment - ive never used the DVD feature to watch movies.

Ahhh, but have you played Metallica's S&M DVD with full surround yet? Simply. Awesome. ;)

Look, i`ve tried every which way as well, (ie, different media, burn techniques, keeping all in the root and or folders), with no success! Searched all the other forums, can't see that it can be done due to the fact that it needs to index 4.7gig worth compared to the 700mb.

Like Korvan said, I just have 2 or 3 cds with the mp3s in the stack and keep the others reserved for the 5.1 mastered DVD's.

You don't need to watch it to appreciate the AWESOME surround sound whilst you drive!!! ;)

ProjectIS

Thanks for everyone's input, from all my research this can't be done. Wish Lexus would put out a firmware upgrade that would do it! :gav:

Back to burning mp3 cd's :>