just found out from Lexus Chatswood that the IS convertible will be at the motorshow in sydney in october!

Sounds like a good venue for an another meet perhaps!! <_<

yeah, maybe we can all get together and buy an is-f on timeshare, haha...... :-)

• 1 month later...
With the Paris motor show beginning today some pics of the IS250C have appeared before the doors have opened... Carscoop and Club Lexus IS250C So is anyone here considering one? What do you guys think of it?

Well, initial thoughts, its lost the sleek, sharp lines that gives the 'IS' that sporty, look. You take the coupe proto, now thats got a nice line.. or you look @ the 3 series convert, thats still got a sporty / mean look. This has the Saab, bubble look! Sorry, needs to grow on me im afraid! Bring a sleek coupe on, im there! ( im using a pda @ the moment, so i might amend my comment when i have a better look on a Monitor)!

Yeh i agree. It looks too soft....and the lexus logo, how come some is250 have those type where there is a plastic covering over the whole emblem?

I'm sorry but it looks like a girl's car.

I don't like it. I think the front doesn't match the back now...

Well, thats the message that I was trying to get across without being as straight to the point as U Art! Hence my Saab comment!! ;) Well done mate!

I was mildly interested in the concept of a hardtop convertible IS (I've always sort of admired the SC from a bit of a distance) but, so far, I'm pretty unimpressed with what I've seen in the Paris coverage.

O Lexus - won't you reconsider the IS350 here in Oz?

Yeh i agree. It looks too soft....and the lexus logo, how come some is250 have those type where there is a plastic covering over the whole emblem?

The plastic covering on the Lexus logo is only on the models with the adaptive cruise control and pre-collision sensor. It houses radar and laser.

The ones with a blue hue on the lexus logo are the hybrids

If you mean the front emblem, that comes on the sports luxury model and houses the sensors for the radar cruise control and pre crash brake assist and seatbelt pretensioner, when the car detects an iminent collision.

I was mildly interested in the concept of a hardtop convertible IS (I've always sort of admired the SC from a bit of a distance) but, so far, I'm pretty unimpressed with what I've seen in the Paris coverage.

O Lexus - won't you reconsider the IS350 here in Oz?

is350 would be great but even if by a miracle chance they did bring it i think it's too late in the model cycle for them to consider! i'd love one though. i'd be first in line! :-)

was originally keen on the convertible but not too sure after seeing the pics. have to take a closer look at the motor show!

I vaguely recall that the reason why the IS350 didn't make it here was that it didn't pass the emissions test over here etc.

Now that the ISF is coming out - I think they be even lesser chance of Lexus ever releasing it into the Aust market.

I vaguely recall that the reason why the IS350 didn't make it here was that it didn't pass the emissions test over here etc.

Now that the ISF is coming out - I think they be even lesser chance of Lexus ever releasing it into the Aust market.

Looks like it is getting close. They have changed their webpage, and in sundays car section it was the frontpage picture and a two

page review. Hope i get to have a play with one when they get to perth.

I saw the IS250C today at the Sydney Motor Show.

The rear of this car does look kinda BMW'ish I think.

It was just a static display, so I didn't get to see the roof in action.

Hey Jomster,

Did they have the 250 decked out with the F-sport stuff??

F-sport in Aus

The guys on CL are guessing what will happen in Aus due to this article.

I would be interested to know what Lexus Aus are thinking considering that we don't have the 350!!

Hey ProjectIS,

Yeah they did have the IS250 F-sport stuff fitted to it. They called it The IS concept.

Visually I could only upgraded brakes, wheels.

The interior looks the same as the upcoming '09 model with the granite like interior. There's a youtube video I recall watching ages ago where they decked out a standard IS250 with all the F-sport stuff.

Lexus are also considering building a new range of 'smaller than' the IS250. I think this is the segment of BMW 1 series, Mercedes A class range.

Who knows the IS250 may get a smaller sibling?? :unsure: