• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Hey Niick, Perks....

Man, not sure where they are from. I was tinkering with the car outline a while ago.....I was creating it from a side view that I had of my car....Changed to grey scale, solarised and played with the contrast until I got definate edges. Then I started to erase the inside untill I got a rough outline!! Just haven't got back to it as yet.

Perks, Looks good, but I think we need to look at how we can have it so that the text and logo can be cut so that only it sticks on. No background as such! Can we un-elongate the Lexus logo a tad!!!

Thanks for the effort Perks!! Between Niick and ya self, we gonna have a design in no time!!!

• 3 weeks later...

I don't encourage copying the logo, but just want to give you guys an inspiration on the design and an alternative to stickers. I've seen the guys at the club place this decal either to the right of the LEXUS decal or on top of the IS250 decal. I like the latter arrangement.

dsc00883to2.jpg

I really like it!!!! :D It could be just like the IS-"F", "X" or the "F-Sport" badge for those that have seen it.........but rather then advertise a brand, we have our own little logo. Mate, again, I like it!

I reakon we keep the "IS" part,(truely a statement), but do something different with the "Lexus IS250 club" text.

Do you think this is something we can do ourselves? Should I approach the Taiwanese IS250 Club to see if they can do some deal for us?

I found out from their website that the cost price of each decal is 420 Taiwan Dollars (approx $19.28 AUD) and selling at 500 Taiwan Dollars (approx $22.95 AUD) each.

They have many active members, so they also have plenty of bargaining power... :)

08fk6.jpg

11oz4.jpg

12of7.jpg

17rh2.jpg

Yeh look,

Like you said, they have the active members to warrant the tool up, etc. We just can't seem to get there!! Anyway, thats another discussion entirely!!

I will ask around the traps and see if anyone knows where we could get this form of adhesive badge made up and what are the minimum numbers that can be done in one batch.

Could we get some indication on numbers!

I think the Taiwan club logo is great!

Is there such a big deal with us using their badge, we could join them??? It would add the Australian Lexus Club to the global Lexus Team, not such a bad place. We could take on a sister club type of thing and swap pics, accessories etc. Their buying power could be harnessed for our needs from time to time.

What do you think??

I love the badge, I want one!!

I like the idea of using their buying power, but I think a unique Aussie club logo would suffice and would certainly be original. The idea's so far are great and the basis of the Taiwan design is great. I look forward to the final design.

How good is the size of the meet! One day, surely!

• 1 year later...

Hey guys

i came across this thread by accisent looking for something else.

What ever happened to these stickers or badges was there ever a finall decission and is there any around??

Well Bartek, I would like to see what you can come up with. I know when we first started this topic way back when, there was a fair bit of interest from the community, but no one to drive it full on!

I would be down with a smallish, metallic type badge!

I do play with Photoshop too. Shall we go on with the idea and put some designs up? I'd be happy to have a small not-too-visible sticker (kind of a VIP thing).

i think its an awesome idea. its exclusive.

i dont really have a designing brain. but if someone can i think we should go ahead with it.

something not overly intrusive but stylish. probably i sticker more then badge.

i will gladly help someone with the designing by offering advise but dont really have the resources to design

I make stickers for a living (one of my 3 jobs)... I have been making them for several other forums for years. If we need someone to make them up and ship them out on demand, I'm more than happy.

Hey Atlantis,

Great to know!!! Considering that this is one of your things, do you have any ideas??? How about the design from way back when....................is that workable people??

How about your other jobs........................could they benefit the club in anyway??????????? Ha, now im being greedy, hey!!!

thats awesome. lets get something going. wheres all the creative minds. i certainly dont have one. Bartek didnt you say you were handy with the photo shop???

Do you do any designing Atlantis?

We need some designs and executive decisions made. . . . common guys

I don't want to be a killjoy, but I think you should keep in mind that the ClubLexus guys received a cease&desist letter from Lexus Corporate in regards to using the Lexus name in their sticker. Lexus are known to have been quite ruthless in pursuing anyone using their name without proper authorisation.

I don't want to be a killjoy, but I think you should keep in mind that the ClubLexus guys received a cease&desist letter from Lexus Corporate in regards to using the Lexus name in their sticker. Lexus are known to have been quite ruthless in pursuing anyone using their name without proper authorisation.

thats a good point too