hey ya,

dont think any1 has done the 1/4 mile run yet. well atleast I am unaware of any1 on Akl.

I have seen 1 Altezza do the run, (what an embarrasement to the club). It was some middle aged chick in blue auto, ouch that was bad. She took 2.5 sec to take off and then didnt even know how to put her foot down. I took her bout 20 sec to do the run. That was just to much for me!

Let me know what u pull out.

Stephen.

A week, well make sure you gentle.

I have noticed they are funny lil cars, and I do not believe they are built directly for racing so be careful with ur g/box, trust me they really expensive to fix up or replace! I have had box replacement (fault b4 import) and was informed by Toyota it was an $8000 box.

Have fun, they damn good lil cars.

Stephen.

yeah i don think you can get them much quicker than 15 secs

however on the open road is where mods seem to make up the difference, I used to think the car was pretty average unitl I went on my first open road trip and I changed my mind about altezza's and the apparen tlack of power round town!

Thats the one 4Rolln! They are hopeless at dragging, but brilliant on sorting people out in corners.

Rule No1 Never use the motorway or Highway #1

Rule No2 A road with no white line is the best road!

Just always take back roads on your country trip and you will see what Altezzas are made for!

I've got to go to Napier to see AltezzaNZ sometime soon. Maybe we should make it a Club run!!

:D

Too true!

My V-Tec was quicker than the Altezza but luxury now is far more of an interest.

The Altezza do have some sporting attributes, but they certainally are not designed for the straight line dash!

I have to admit that the rear wheel component is however starting to entice me. And the performance of a standard RS200 aint to bad; but lowering is essential ( i will get there eventually).

I am however keen to find out at somestage what the 1/4 mile capability of my car is. So I will keep an eye on this forum.

For any1 interested it is possible to book meremere for a day also. I know there was word of Taupo circuit, but if any1 interested on meremere for a day lets get something going in possible NZ Meets.

Stephen.

Just wondering what times you guys have done down the 1/4 mile? I might put mine down at the next drags at Meremere.

I've been down to night drags once best was 13.7 @176kmph, also ran 14 twice, had alot of trouble with wheel spin 1st and 2nd gear, possible better time with decent tyres and LSD,ran with 18" rims on

Just wondering what times you guys have done down the 1/4 mile? I might put mine down at the next drags at Meremere.

I've been down to night drags once best was 13.7 @176kmph, also ran 14 twice, had alot of trouble with wheel spin 1st and 2nd gear, possible better time with decent tyres and LSD,ran with 18" rims on

280t is an altezza 280T Toms edition with 3s-gte engine, around 280hp, hence the name.

No wonder its quicker ;)

My car should be that, if not more, when the new computer goes in and gets tuned properly. :rolleyes:

Corey

What mods have you got? Seems a bit faster than everybody else.

Hey Shaun.

Dan here. Im mates with your Flatmate Rob.

Oh and ?UESTLOVE : That is about right. As he said he had trouble with traction. Meremere is a useless lumpy track. The Skid pad for Burnouts does just that! Makes you skid! The Aussie tracks are amazzing compaired to ours.

Its how the car is set up aswell. No doubt the 280T has stiff rear suspention like my 180sx. Traction is non existant with high spring rates.

By the way Shaun. Yours is by far the best Altezza I have seen on NZ's roads. Man it looks aggresive.

*BLEEP*! Great Dyno figures, but why such an average time?? The MPH seems good though. I think that indicates mid 12's.

As i mentioned before had alot of trouble with traction. 60ft time was really bad, still had wheel spin in 3rd and had to feather the accelerator through 1st and 2nd. I find that on the street i get more grip than Meremere. in the process of getting a filter and 3" exhaust from turbo, so i will have another go one day soon as i am able to borrow some slicks off a friend as well which will also help.

Shaun

ahhh! You drift your car huh?? Soften that rear susp up!!

A cressida here in Aus, with a 1j, running 190rwkw, pulled off a 13.5 couple of weeks back, considering the Cressidas are about 250kg heavier, thats why I suspected more. But like I said, the MPH sound good for 12's! Tell them sheep to build yas a new track ;) :P