Hey guys, please post anything related to suspension here......... (eg.Problems, outlets, fitters, pricing, pics etc....) ;)

Here are just a few of the common setups used @ the moment.......Will add more as we go......

Please feel free to PM me extra info to add to the list!!!

IS250 SPRINGS

S-Techs.jpg

Tein S. Tech Springs

Drop - 1.6"F , 1.2"R

Spring rate - 6.5F , 6.8R

Pics from other members that have this set-up..

Ilv's Drop

Eibach_Pro_Kit.jpg

EIBACH Pro-Kit Coil Springs

Drop - 1.4"F , 1.0"R

Spring rate - X.XF , X.XR

QQQ' Drop

Tanabe.jpgH

Tanabe DF210 Springs

Drop - 1.1"F , 1.2"R

Spring rate - 4.6F , 5.3R

Click here to see pics from other members that have this set-up...

images.jpglowering_springF-sport.jpg

F-Sport Coil Springs

Drop - 1.0"F , 1.0"R

Click here to see pics from other members that have this set-up...

Tutorial on how to change springs...

IS250 COILOVERS

TanabeSustecPro5Coilovers.png

Tanabe Sustec Pro 5'

Range Front - 0.0" - 2.0"

Range Rear - 0.0" - 2.5"

B_390_LU's Drop

tn_flx.jpg

TEIN Comfort Sport

Range Front - 0.5" - 2.2"

Range Rear - 0.5" - 1.7"

TEIN Super Street Dampers

Range Front - 1.1" - 2.6"

Range Rear - 1.2" - 2.4"

• 4 weeks later...

Hey guys,

Does anyone know anything about this mob??? Yeh I know, not one of the big names that we know and trust........ But they are so damn cheap!!!

Their coilovers are about Au$1300. and shipping is about Au$250. Last time I researched the Tein's, from memory they were over $2G's

Are they a super budget mob and forget about it, or are they worth while considering?? Hmmm :huh:

splash.jpgksport3000gt.jpg

KSport

Hi,

not sure if this is the right place but my new wheels arrive tomorrow (19" lenso) i now need to order springs i was looking at the eibachs and have been quoted from $700 - $1k fitted.

my question is of the eibach and tien which will drop further ? i cannot ttell from the pics any help would be much appreciated.

thanks.

well it says

Drop - 1.4"F , 1.0"R

Tein S. Tech Springs

Drop - 1.6"F , 1.2"R

so tein drops more

simple compare dude

Hay guys, just curious has any one installed an Zeal function X? I had Zeals installed in a sports car i had afew years back and i loved them top notch.

How did you guys find the Teins? are they too stiff?

any feedback would be great!

Cheers

Hi mate,

Nice coilovers from what I have read! Endless have some nice gear full stop!! But........................., damn expensive!! Also, don't think that you will find too many guys with them on as we are really talking about a setup that you would really only justify for the track. I think overkill for the everyday driver. Also, did you purchase yours from a local distributor in Australia!! I think the biggest problem is...

1) Where to source locally?

2 )Where to service or warrant local?

I spoke to Ilv when he got his Teins on, great drop but a little stiff. Must say, from what i have read, if you going to go for a spring on the IS, the Teins or the Eibachs are the way to go!!

• 4 weeks later...

Hi, all! I can definitely recommend the Tanabe Sustec Coilover.

The build quality is good and it is designed for the streets rather than a full-on track ready type, that doesn't mean you can't use it on a track. It has 12 settings, 1 being the softest and 12 firmest. I tried it on setting 1 before and it rode softer than standard. I never liked a car with limousine type of suspension, so, at the moment it's set at 6.

It's very hard to show the drop on coilovers since they can be adjusted, obviously. I can probably relate to the max drop u can get with this. If u look at my car's pics, the rears are set to the lowest possible. With a 35 series tyre, it tucks in at almost 1/2 the tyre top. The fronts, on the other hand, has no gap whatsoever and I can probably lower it another 1/2 an inch.

I believe most of us frequent clublexus. Sewell Lexus and L-Tuned parts are authorized vendors there. Most of my mods are sourced from them, they are trustworthy and would buy from them again.

Shoot me with any question u may have ;)

Hey B,

So I see that you made the "Drop it like its Hot" thread. Good to see someone from Australia representing!!!

Yeah, lets face it, CL is still the "mods bible". I think we all started our research there.

Have you found a way around the crazy freight prices from the US. I too would dearly love to get my hands on coilovers. I am torn between the tanabe and the Teins. (& I guess the 2k plus price tag that goes with it!!) Did u opt for the elect damper control aswell with the Tanabes??

Sooo, again, if anyone has a mad hook up, let us all know!! ;) (or atleast me)!!!

Hey B,

So I see that you made the "Drop it like its Hot" thread. Good to see someone from Australia representing!!!

Yeah, lets face it, CL is still the "mods bible". I think we all started our research there.

Have you found a way around the crazy freight prices from the US. I too would dearly love to get my hands on coilovers. I am torn between the tanabe and the Teins. (& I guess the 2k plus price tag that goes with it!!) Did u opt for the elect damper control aswell with the Tanabes??

Sooo, again, if anyone has a mad hook up, let us all know!! ;) (or atleast me)!!!

My car isn't considered low in that thread full of slammed cars haha, I'm getting old :(

Mate, have u tried asking L-Tuned parts for a quote to have a set sent to u? I bought a lot of things in one go last time so my shipping quote won't apply to u. As far as I know, buying more stuff in one shipping is cheaper than one by one. I reckon, if u find 2 more people to buy a set of coilover each and have them sent together, u can share the shipping and import duty etc and end up cheaper than buying yourself.

I was torn between the 2 brands too, I'll share my research with everyone here :

1. Tanabe can go lower

2. Tein has stiffer spring rates front and rear, people said that on softest setting, it's still stiffer than standard suspension. It's not something I really want for a street setup.

3. As I remembered, Tanabe was cheaper which is a + point, considering that point 1 & 2 already won me over.

By 'Elect Damper Control', u meant the TEAS unit? The one additional device to control damper setting from inside the car? If that's what u meant, no I didn't get it.

• 4 months later...
I had a set of custom made springs made up by Aurora Springs. 2.5" drop on all corners.

Sits on 20x8.5" Zenettie Heirs.

Hi mate,

Welcome! (To the posting scene anyway)!!

Im sure that im not the only one here that would like to see some pics.

2.5" drop is pretty aggressive considering that you didn't go with coilovers. 20's............. Pics!!! :D

ok ill get some pics for you, only pics i have is of the day it was dropped so the springs havent settled. But ill get them shortly.

2m6lpac.jpg

Does scrub on the front if im doing 100 and hit a big dip in the road.

Ive done my wheel arch liners but thing ill give them another stab as its only plastic its touching when it rubs.

Back is fine.

• 3 months later...

What do you guys think of these two choices:

King Springs 30mm drop all round or

Pedders Sports Ryder 38mm drop all round?

Which would be the better spring and would 38mm be too low? or 30mm to little?

Im sure Pedders is progressive at the rear, pedders is a $100 premium over the Kings supplied and fitted.

Let me know your thoughts guys!!

Hi mate,

I don't know much about either of the locally made springs. That is, spring rates etc. I do know that the Kings are popular, but im pretty sure that this is the case due to the pricing more so then quality. I would like to hear from anyone that has these installed though to see what you guys think. How much were you quoted for the springs?? Personally I would stick with the popular springs like the Teins, Eibachs, and for the less savage drop, the F-Sports.(About the 1" mark).

As for the quoted drops, what are you after??? The 30mm is the most common drop that you will get from any of the popular springs. If you are just after a nice looking drop, that would be my recom!!! The Tein S-techs give that type of drop, but they have a slightly harsh rate. Still, being in a 250 with them on, I liked the ride. The drop looked cool. Check out the post that I started with the comparisons. You will see QQQ's (Eibachs drop) and Ilv's (Teins drop).

Hi mate,

I don't know much about either of the locally made springs. That is, spring rates etc. I do know that the Kings are popular, but im pretty sure that this is the case due to the pricing more so then quality. I would like to hear from anyone that has these installed though to see what you guys think. How much were you quoted for the springs?? Personally I would stick with the popular springs like the Teins, Eibachs, and for the less savage drop, the F-Sports.(About the 1" mark).

As for the quoted drops, what are you after??? The 30mm is the most common drop that you will get from any of the popular springs. If you are just after a nice looking drop, that would be my recom!!! The Tein S-techs give that type of drop, but they have a slightly harsh rate. Still, being in a 250 with them on, I liked the ride. The drop looked cool. Check out the post that I started with the comparisons. You will see QQQ's (Eibachs drop) and Ilv's (Teins drop).

Kings about $500, Pedders $600

All supplied, fitted and 4 wheel alignment.

not sure about 30 or 38mm drop, want a good sporty look but not that chopped look, then again the chopped look would be in the 2-3" drops?

Thats absolutely right. You won't get the chopped look from the springs unless you do literally chop them. Or you go with coilovers that is!! What size wheels have you got??

The Teins are currently at Fulcrums for $560. Thats not fitted though. Like I said, a little harsh on the ride side of things. Someone I remember on this forum said that they were extremely happy with the Kings. Can't remember who though!! ;)

Thats absolutely right. You won't get the chopped look from the springs unless you do literally chop them. Or you go with coilovers that is!! What size wheels have you got??

The Teins are currently at Fulcrums for $560. Thats not fitted though. Like I said, a little harsh on the ride side of things. Someone I remember on this forum said that they were extremely happy with the Kings. Can't remember who though!! ;)

I got the standard 16's! haha

but im planning to go 18 or 19 afterwards - want to lower first to ensure i get the correct offset, Pedder's also agreed that springs should be first as they had seen many bad offsets whereas they couldnt lower the car

Hey Dom,

Im not sure what Pedders are telling you, but what do you mean when you refer to the off-set being an issue. We must remember that you are only going to drop it about 30mm. You still have ample clearance! I personally would go the other way and do the wheels first! Atleast you can see where you are at!!

Mate, please explain more so I can understand you concern!!

Hey Dom,

Im not sure what Pedders are telling you, but what do you mean when you refer to the off-set being an issue. We must remember that you are only going to drop it about 30mm. You still have ample clearance! I personally would go the other way and do the wheels first! Atleast you can see where you are at!!

Mate, please explain more so I can understand you concern!!

Hey mate

I meant offset of the wheels, some people get the wrong offset, then when it come to lowering they cant go down cause it will hit the guards.

Anyway I got my wheels on Sat +45 offset and got good space. So if pedders is a 1.5" drop (38mm) then it should be fine - but Im just unsure whether to go for Pedders 38mm drop or Kings 30mm drop?? Pedders are progressive on the rear, whereas Kings are not.

Hey mate,

Fair enough! I thought thats what you meant but like I mentioned, I didn't think you would have any probs as you weren't dropping to the deck!

So make sure that you post up pics with ya new wheels!( I always look forward to seeing what guys have gone with on their IS's)! Did you go with the 18's or 19's??

Hey mate,

Fair enough! I thought thats what you meant but like I mentioned, I didn't think you would have any probs as you weren't dropping to the deck!

So make sure that you post up pics with ya new wheels!( I always look forward to seeing what guys have gone with on their IS's)! Did you go with the 18's or 19's??

For sure will post a pic or two after its lowered. I went for 18's as the wheels I wanted only came in 18 or 20. Wanted 19's really, but it still looks hot and I saved $$ - also didnt want the fully sick look :lol:

• 6 months later...

Hey guys, please post anything related to suspension here......... (eg.Problems, outlets, fitters, pricing, pics etc....) ;)

Here are just a few of the common setups used @ the moment.......Will add more as we go......

Please feel free to PM me extra info to add to the list!!!

IS250 SPRINGS

S-Techs.jpg

Tein S. Tech Springs

Drop - 1.6"F , 1.2"R

Ilv's Drop (Danny for the newbies)

Eibach_Pro_Kit.jpg

Drop - 1.4"F , 1.0"R

QQQ' Drop

Tanabe.jpgH

Tanabe DF210 Springs

Drop - 1.1"F , 1.2"R

Spring rate - 4.6F , 5.3R

images.jpglowering_springF-sport.jpg

F-Sport Coil Springs

Drop - 1.0"F , 1.0"R

Tutorial on how to change springs...

IS250 COILOVERS

TanabeSustecPro5Coilovers.png

Tanabe Sustec Pro 5'

Range Front - 0.0" - 2.0"

Range Rear - 0.0" - 2.5"

B_390_LU's Drop

tn_flx.jpg

TEIN Comfort Sport

Range Front - 0.5" - 2.2"

Range Rear - 0.5" - 1.7"

TEIN Super Street Dampers

Range Front - 1.1" - 2.6"

Range Rear - 1.2" - 2.4"

All this talk about suspension.............................Here are the specs from the commonly used springs and coil overs to remind all.....................!

Please feel free to add!!!

Ldc, I assure you that there is substantial difference from the sports to prestige ride height!

I think you are right in thinking around the inch mark, should look cool!!!

As for the wheel scrub, dig up a thread I posted way back about a guy that fixes wheels mobile. Did a great job with my wheels when I had em!!