I saw this Pearl White IS 250 with 18' black rims on them in eastern suburbs melb last night. It looked SICK!

Which colour do you guys think is better? black or pearl white ?

I have a black sports. Now I am thinking of upgrading it to a 2009 prestige X - pearl white LOL. Need some opinions on that. is this worth doing? I am afraid i might get sick of the white shine after a while. should i just stick with my classic black ? what do you guys think the changeover price would be?

Hit me with your thoughts! Please

You can't go wrong with both colour. For me I would probably stick with the black as it is look more sicker than the Pearl white.

Forget about upgrading to Prestige 2009 X. Go for the IS-F. :P

Good luck with the changeover price.

I'm biased, I'll always say black. It's a prick to keep clean but looks the best when it is clean. I had a Graphite service loan car today and though it was quite a nice colour, but when I picked up the clean Black X it doesn't even compare. Black all the way!!!

As for change over price, good luck, I'm not sure what demand is like for the Sports models, and could either be a bonus or a negative that it is no longer produced in 09 models. Let us know how you go with the final change over, it'd be interesting to find out what they're prepared to pay.

My car is pearl white. I like it. But black looks much better... when it's clean haha. I've owned a black car before. Loved it when it was clean, right after washing it. Two days later it looked yuck. So unless you love washing your car often, you will hate the black :)

Can I suggest Crystal Mist?? I so regretted getting the pearl white when I saw the crystal mist. My god, it looked stunning. Just like pearl white, except for the pearl reflection, you get a blue misty reflection off the white colour. Love it! May not be everyone's cup of tea though... pictures won't show it, you will have to see it in person mate.

I saw it on Doncaster Rd in North Balwyn near the eastern freeway entrance LOL. I might just stick to my black Sports. You guys convinced me black is the ultimate colour.......

Yeah black is the way. Wish my lexus was black. I is silver - 1st silver car I've owned - extremely easy to maintain a clean look but just doesn't

get that awesome sports look the black does.

My C63 amg is black - and it is a pain to keep clean - 1 day after detailing, if it even gets rain on it calcium deposits show making it look filthy again. It is also considerably hotter inside compared to the silver. But it does lack the seat cooling the lexus has.

Black for the showroom only!

Black's by far the sexiest of colours for the IS.

Until you drive it out on the road, where it will show every spec of dust, dirt and even smallest of scratches.

I've sworn I'll never buy another black car again. Even sitting in my garage overnight, a black car collects and shows dust particles.

Silver is the easiest car to hide imperfections.

A Pearl IS with a wild set of wheels and lowered will definitely do the trick too I reckon.

As we all agree, Black looks best, but is difficult to keep as clean as we would like.

I have employed a philosophy, I think I saw on a forum somewhere; "If it looks good from 5 metres then it's clean."

It may not be in your own eyes, or on close inspection, but most people don't get that close and the car still looks fabulous to them.

My staff will often comment about how my car always looks so clean when I am thinking otherwise.

This thought has taken a lot of the stress out of owning this, my first black car. But I do love keeping it clean.

My car is pearl white. I like it. But black looks much better... when it's clean haha. I've owned a black car before. Loved it when it was clean, right after washing it. Two days later it looked yuck. So unless you love washing your car often, you will hate the black :)

Can I suggest Crystal Mist?? I so regretted getting the pearl white when I saw the crystal mist. My god, it looked stunning. Just like pearl white, except for the pearl reflection, you get a blue misty reflection off the white colour. Love it! May not be everyone's cup of tea though... pictures won't show it, you will have to see it in person mate.

Just checked on Lexus website. I think 'Crystal Mist' is the colour I saw. I thought it was 'pearlscent white' ........Not sure tho. It shows an uneven reflection of yellowish/golden mist when you see it from different angles in the sun........... is this it? as you said it "looked stunning". I totally agree

Hmmm, not exactly yellowish/golden. That does sound like closer to pearl white, but not sure. They do tend to differ between individual cars by a bit apparently. Crystal Mist I saw had a distinctive light blue reflection off the white, at some angles the car looked light metallic blue, while the rest of it was white. If that makes sense :\ If I was buying an IS right now, that's the only colour I'd pick now, it really stands out, much more than pearl. It's not available on other lexus models though. Another way to distinguish pearl from crystal is that pearl white paint looks bright white in the shade, whereas the crystal one is a bit darker shade of white... go past a dealer on a sunny day and check it out. I'd post a photo, but you won't see it as the camera just doesn't capture the effect (I tried haha)

Hmmm, not exactly yellowish/golden. That does sound like closer to pearl white, but not sure. They do tend to differ between individual cars by a bit apparently. Crystal Mist I saw had a distinctive light blue reflection off the white, at some angles the car looked light metallic blue, while the rest of it was white. If that makes sense :\ If I was buying an IS right now, that's the only colour I'd pick now, it really stands out, much more than pearl. It's not available on other lexus models though. Another way to distinguish pearl from crystal is that pearl white paint looks bright white in the shade, whereas the crystal one is a bit darker shade of white... go past a dealer on a sunny day and check it out. I'd post a photo, but you won't see it as the camera just doesn't capture the effect (I tried haha)

Is crystal mist that icey blue metallica colour that was only on the X version? I loved that colour, but after finding my SL with 72km on it cheaper than the X version brand new I went with the IS250 SL silver. Couldn't believe just because it had 72km on it, and was registered I didn't have to pay LCT or DD. Saved a bundle and got a better car...just not the colour I wanted.

No, crystal mist is available across the whole range, from Prestige to SL. I think I know which colour you're referring to, no, it's not it. Crystal mist is a white colour. You put the car out in sun shine, the reflection will be light blue colour. THe effect is sort of similar to the Harlequin paint, sort of. It's hard to describe hey, just drive past Lexus of Perth. I just looked on their site, they have some in stock in the used car yard :)

I'm surprised you didn't have to pay DD? Back when they had the 0% finance offer few months ago, I went there, and they were charging DD on demos with 5K kays on them. The cars were obviously registered too... may have been due to the 0% offer perhaps, but yeah, that put me off a little, as the price advertised didn't include DD or on roads. You think you'll be paying 58K for one when you step in there, then you find out it's more like 68K...

Yea, the 0% prices were way over inflated. I purchased at 0% and included a trade. They paid an extra $8k for my trade and got just under the price tag. I know that on paper I paid too much, but over time, the no interest will save THOUSANDS!!! I'm much better off than if I would have negotiated a deal at 8%. Totally worth it when it comes to upgrading in a few years.

Bahahaha, went to Lexus dealer this morning, saw 2 IS-Fs checked out the Crystal Mist colour and test drove the new IS250 sports. It was lighter than the old sports model which Lexus does not make anymore. The new sports model is the Prestige with a sports pack. It didn't have the old model's interior dipping mirrorrs or adaptive headlights, however the bumper, taillight & front grille changed a bit and there is chrome frame around the sat nav screen also you get leather and cooled seats too. But the buttons on the drivers doors are crappier.

Anyway, I was after the crystal mist and got told the only 2 are in Lexus Perth and will cost me $1600 extra in freight. But they can do graphite for me with changeover price $10,000 !!! I was surprised, cos my car is 2007 built 2008 plate with 13,000 kays on the clock. If the new car price is $72,800 (with L'exibition event, originally 75,000), they would have bought my car for $62,800 ???? I only paid $57,000ish retail. But I didnt end up going ahead, because I think the new sports model are not as good as the old ones, my car handles better, feels a lot more solid and has more luxury features! :) Just need BLACK WHEELS ! & BLACK TAILKIGHTS LOL

anyone got a better deal elsewhere?

Lexus of Perth is slipping a bit since I bought my car. I've been in once, got a card from Paul, and called and emailed John - the one I made the original purchase on regarding buying the IS-F. Never got a call back, time for a test drive or email reply. I guess at the moment they just don't want to sell

any IS-F's. Been waiting over a month now for a reply.

Did you just call once? Just call them again. A stuff up can happen once in a while.

That would be an interesting collection, C63 and an IS-F. I would be curious to know which one you'd prefer driving...

Did you just call once? Just call them again. A stuff up can happen once in a while.

That would be an interesting collection, C63 and an IS-F. I would be curious to know which one you'd prefer driving...

The C63 is mine, and got the IS250 SL for wife last year - however she passed away. After driving the IS250 and having the luxury

it is very nice, and I am hoping the IS-F gives the same or better performance handling than the C63, in which case I'll get rid of both

cars and get the IS-F. If not I will keep the C63 and just sell the IS250. I really like the lexus now - so I am really hoping the IS-F

can match the merc. Otherwise it will be a hard decision to make.

Thanks guys :)

Yeah fingers crossed the IS-F does everything the amg does but better. It has more luxury standard, and the performance specs are very

similar. If it feels are solidly built, and handles/corners and gets my heart racing like the C63 I will be very happy. Watching some

youtube videos of the IS-F it sounds amazing.