guys

my smart key is starting to send a msg to the car that it is getting a flat bettery.

i was wondering if anyone has had to change theirs or if you just took it to lexus. i have another key but id like to know if anyone changed theirs cos i believe it an easy exercise and lexus doesnt have to be involved.

I just dont want to break it and dont know if it will need reprograming after battery changed.

does any one know?

Easy, easy thing to do yourself. Lexus will charge $30 to do it I think, but you can do it in a couple of minutes - just follow the manual instructions.

The battery type (don't quote me on this) is a CR1632, which is a little rare, but some Dick Smith stores may have it in stock. I looked far and wide for the battery type actually, and found it as standard stock at 'Battery World' (franchise of battery stores - Im pretty sure they are national). I got a twin pack (Panasonic brand) I think for about $7.

Don't know about other dealerships, but Lexus of Perth sells the battery for $14. Got that from my last service invoice. Getting it fitted probably included the labor cost for the whole service. Anyway, just an idea in case you have trouble finding one that's all :)

me too, tried to find the batterey in dick smith, and kmart, and some small electrical shop, but they dont have it,

so i went to ebay, get it from USA for as little as $4 for 2, posted.

but it tooks like 2 weeks to arrive, postage from usa is very slow

Roughly how long does the battery last? I've had my car for just over 2 years and I'm still using the original battery.

I use the car everyday and have had the car since new.

Are you certain it's your original battery? When you drop your car off for a service, they automatically replace your remote battery...

Not certain it's the original battery. Doesn't mention anything in the service book or invoice. If they they do it at each service that's great.

I have been thinking about getting the credit card sized fob too - Anyone using one?

I'd love one of those. Never have to remember to bring a key or have it bulging in my pocket. If you do get one, or anyone here uses one, please let us know how it goes.

My remote decided this morning it didnt want to start the car. I kept on getting Remote Key not detected. Rang up Dick Smith and walked to a few Camera shops, and even an asian $2 shop. No one has it.

then i google, hoping there could be someway to get the car started. It turns out that it could be possible if you put the remote right up close to the start button and give it a go. So i tried it and it WORKED!!! after a few attempts.

I then went all the way to Para to get a battery which costed $18 + GTS.

So yeh, food for thought about trying putting the key close to the start button.

My remote decided this morning it didnt want to start the car. I kept on getting Remote Key not detected. Rang up Dick Smith and walked to a few Camera shops, and even an asian $2 shop. No one has it.

then i google, hoping there could be someway to get the car started. It turns out that it could be possible if you put the remote right up close to the start button and give it a go. So i tried it and it WORKED!!! after a few attempts.

I then went all the way to Para to get a battery which costed $18 + GTS.

So yeh, food for thought about trying putting the key close to the start button.

That is written in the car's user manual :)