hey guys

ive been looking on youtube, and most IS250 0-100 times are around 8 seconds (pretty slow IMO, but its not meant for that kinda stuff so its alright)

but i also remeber seeing one that was like 7.4seconds or something

wats the fastest u've done 0-100 in??

when i get my car, i'll probably cruise around alot with my friends just listening to music, but for the occasional time when i want to floor it at the lights, i dont wanna be doing like 0-100 in 10 seconds or something...

thanks

and also, will using higher octane fuel increase performance??

i mean, not just once, but if i ALWAYS put in higher octane?

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

hey guys

ive been looking on youtube, and most IS250 0-100 times are around 8 seconds (pretty slow IMO, but its not meant for that kinda stuff so its alright)

but i also remeber seeing one that was like 7.4seconds or something

wats the fastest u've done 0-100 in??

when i get my car, i'll probably cruise around alot with my friends just listening to music, but for the occasional time when i want to floor it at the lights, i dont wanna be doing like 0-100 in 10 seconds or something...

thanks

and also, will using higher octane fuel increase performance??

i mean, not just once, but if i ALWAYS put in higher octane?

never bothered with the 0-100 time as it's not the type of car for that sort of thing! but i know it's not ten seconds...... i've chased a mate onto the freeway at full throttle and i know his car is 7 seconds or so and the space between us was the same once we reached 110 so we wasn't pulling away. that would put the car somewhere between 7 - 8's! had two passengers btw.

in saying that mines not stock however no bolton mods for this car really contribute that much to improving the 0-100 time, more the feel of the car!

also, no ones going to laugh at you if you were slow, this is one of those times when i'll have to quote "it's a lexus!" lol..... wasn't designed for that sort of thing in the first place and anyone who knows cars knows you could have got a very fact car for a fraction of the price if you wanted to! it's a luxury car! :-) at least thats the reason i bought it! :-)

yeh

my friends are getting sh*t boxes anyway, like '84 Corollas and Civics, all like under 4000$

so i should be able to beat em easily

but its not like im gonna race on the street, i dont wanna crash and injure myself or others, but i find, even on my L license, i was driving my uncles SL500 with carlsson bodykit, 20" deepdish rims and exhaust, and i had like 10 P platers in their commodores and crap tryna race me at the lights, LOL

my uncle let me smash it on george street, at the massive intersection infront of the QVB, the commodore wasnt even in my mirrors by the time i got around Greater Union, LOL

yeh, but as u said, its not made for that kind of stuff

we all know we can get faster 0-100 cars for a fraction of the price, but the IS250 is in another league

I wouldn't think it's 10 sec k2sty1, I would say around the mid to high 7s.

That said the is250 is a luxury prestige car, i would be happy for paying a car which costs less than the 320i and yet goes as fast as the 325i.

I wouldn't think it's 10 sec k2sty1, I would say around the mid to high 7s.

That said the is250 is a luxury prestige car, i would be happy for paying a car which costs less than the 320i and yet goes as fast as the 325i.

I'd agree with you there ldc. IS250 for 320 money, and a whole lot better optioned and slightly better performance. I wouldn't be too fussed about 0-100 times... if you wanted a quick car you'd get a quick car, but trust me you'll tire of driving a 300kw beast around traffic every day... and all the negative attention it gets too.. been there done that.

Most people don't even bother to try and drag you off at the lights due to fuel costs. I've had a few challenges and beat them even with the AC on - so it's not too bad. As has been said - it really isn't a race car more of a luxury car with all the bells and whistles. Not many 300KW WRX or Evos can also get 7.6 l/100km on the highway while listening to a 14 speaker custom Mark Levinson stereo and playing with a touch screen OEM GPS.

does turning the AC affect performance?

neva knew, well i am a noob tho, :D

but could u explain how it effects it?

does the AC system take power from the engine or something?

Turning on the AC doesn't take power from the engine. It's an electric driven compressor compared to the traditional belt driven ones found on most common cars.

Turning on the AC doesn't take power from the engine. It's an electric driven compressor compared to the traditional belt driven ones found on most common cars.

is it really?? awesome.

I find the a/c affects more with smaller size cars. Not sure if there is a direct link between a/c and horspower, buti know the car works a little hard when it's turned on.

i also noticed this on my RX330

i was just sitting in the car parked, with the engine running

it was really hot so i turned the AC on and the car got louder

but yeh..

lol

And the power to run it comes from the alternator which is being driven by the engine.

As a rule of thumb, the A/C will take about 10% of available power away from the engine. Claimed 0-100 for the IS250 from my understanding is 8.1sec - miles in front of an equivalently priced German (I think 11+ sec for the 320i!) The acceleration response with the IS250 engine is quite different - its very linear, in the fact that you might not get the initial zip from 0-30km/h, but you wont get the 'labour' that many cars get from 70-100km/h. The IS will just keep accelerating. This is probably typical of a heavy car - needs a bit to get it up 'on the plane', and then it takes off! So I will get done by any tin-can local Falcodore from start at the lights, but will match a WRX once at speed (not that that's what I do! Im not that type of driver - unless the 'hero' in the WRX is trying to box me in before a lane ends!)

That is what I find scary with the vehicle. Im stuck behind a truck in a 70 zone doing 50-55, plant the foot to get away, and before I know it in a matter of 2 sec Im doing over 90! It does have a heap of toe at speed, far more than the lighter tin-can local 6's that I occasionally drive as a hire car.

If Lexus put a different transmission in (the auto I understand is more 'mated'/geared to the IS350 - mid 5sec to 100km/h) to be better geared towards the smaller engine, it would be interesting to see what kind of acceleration improvements they might get off the mark.

But I didn't buy the IS to be a 'speed demon hoon' around town. That I could've done with less than half the money.

As a rule of thumb, the A/C will take about 10% of available power away from the engine. Claimed 0-100 for the IS250 from my understanding is 8.1sec - miles in front of an equivalently priced German (I think 11+ sec for the 320i!) The acceleration response with the IS250 engine is quite different - its very linear, in the fact that you might not get the initial zip from 0-30km/h, but you wont get the 'labour' that many cars get from 70-100km/h. The IS will just keep accelerating. This is probably typical of a heavy car - needs a bit to get it up 'on the plane', and then it takes off! So I will get done by any tin-can local Falcodore from start at the lights, but will match a WRX once at speed (not that that's what I do! Im not that type of driver - unless the 'hero' in the WRX is trying to box me in before a lane ends!)

That is what I find scary with the vehicle. Im stuck behind a truck in a 70 zone doing 50-55, plant the foot to get away, and before I know it in a matter of 2 sec Im doing over 90! It does have a heap of toe at speed, far more than the lighter tin-can local 6's that I occasionally drive as a hire car.

If Lexus put a different transmission in (the auto I understand is more 'mated'/geared to the IS350 - mid 5sec to 100km/h) to be better geared towards the smaller engine, it would be interesting to see what kind of acceleration improvements they might get off the mark.

But I didn't buy the IS to be a 'speed demon hoon' around town. That I could've done with less than half the money.

the good thing about this car is the smoothness in the power delivery and as a bonus if you ever did fall behind any other car no one really gives you s**t for it!

you'll never hear the end of it if you were in a rexy or evo!

as stated before, this car is not the car for speed! could have been done for half the money and you could have run sub 5's all day long!

ahhhh

that clears stuff up

but when i drove a IS250 (RX330 went for service)

i put the ECT (or something like that) in power mode

and it holds the gears longer after u take ur foot off the accel

i was on the highway, doign steady 60 (car in front was a L plater aswell, but was NOOB, lol)

so i planted my foot, and the car took off, and i then had to slow down (took foot off accel) and the engine was holding it at 4500rpm even with my foot off, but had to speed up again (another car going slow) and when i smashed it again, the car took off REALLY fast

my RX330 doesnt do that, lol

ohh, kk

yeh the RX330 is pretty crap for the way i drive (even tho im still on my L's)

like most teen's i drive fast and stop hard and corner faster than i should (only sometimes, mostly i drive normally)

i love the IS250 soooo much, even more after i got to drive it at the end of last year

does lexus have any extended test drive thingys like BMW and Porsche have?

ohh, kk

yeh the RX330 is pretty crap for the way i drive (even tho im still on my L's)

like most teen's i drive fast and stop hard and corner faster than i should (only sometimes, mostly i drive normally)

i love the IS250 soooo much, even more after i got to drive it at the end of last year

does lexus have any extended test drive thingys like BMW and Porsche have?

whats an extended test drive? are u talking about an overnight test drive, in which case the answer is yes!

oh niiicee

well by extended, my dad (in korea) got to test drive the new BMW 7 Series for a week

probs cuz he had the old one back then

and my friends dad got to test drive a Porsche for like 3 days or something

but anyway, how can i get a overnight test drive??

the nearest dealer is chatswood or the city one

oh niiicee

well by extended, my dad (in korea) got to test drive the new BMW 7 Series for a week

probs cuz he had the old one back then

and my friends dad got to test drive a Porsche for like 3 days or something

but anyway, how can i get a overnight test drive??

the nearest dealer is chatswood or the city one

get your mum to go with ya

and tell em your mums buying it and u guys want to have a long test drive see if you can live with the car

they'll probably give u a demo to drive around for few days

ahhh

nice

ill go to the chatswood one cuz we got our car from there, and my cousin got his White '06 Prestige from there aswell

and my aunt got her LS460 from there, lol

all our family been goin there

ill go next weekend, bust this weekend, i have tutoring at chatty anyway, so i'll go to the dealer before that

ive seen 7.8 on youtube i think, nope, just checked, theres a one thats from 0 - 225

he claims 0-100 of 7.1seconds

i guess u could, cuz me and my cousin doing 7.5 was with 2 ppl in the car

and when me and my cousin tried it, we did like 7.5 or something

but that was with a stopwatch and us guessing when to press the start/stop

we pressed start when the speed needle started moving and stoped when it was just over 100

link: