Hi

I've done a few modifications to my car, mostly electronics related.

Wireless Android Phone Display and Charging with Custom CarCast Application.

I've integrated various devices available and wrote my own phone application to automate it all seamlessly. I can put together the wireless charging kits if people are interested.

Auto Door Locking/Unlocking and Follow Me Home/Approach Lighting

I've designed and made this module myself. This module is available for purchase if anyone is interested.

Overhead Console Sunglass holder

I purchased the US style overhead console with the sunglass holder. The installation involved relocating the motion sensor. I used double sided tape and stuck it to the roof.

US versus AU

IMG_20140601_120043.jpg

Motion sensor

IMG_20140601_102541.jpg

IMG_20140601_110101.jpg

Motion sensor relocated to roof

IMG_20140601_120209.jpg

After

IMG_20140601_121620.jpg

Lexus Logo Projector Door Courtesy Lights

Before

IMG_20140321_180508.jpg

IMG_20140321_180700.jpg

After

IMG_20140321_180735.jpg

IMG_20140322_224844.jpg

• Thanks 1

• 2 months later...

2014 spec fogs installed today :)

/ re drilled holes for the plate mount to have the front plate sit properly (in line with top of plate mount) and hacked off the bottom 'hangers' to expose more of the front bar.

Eidvytv.jpg

0QNTRJz.jpg

+ JDM visors / full LED interior light swap.

6UDRUmf.jpg

Put my rims from the 250 on the ISF. Had a bit of a dilemma as I wasn't happy with the 225/40's I fit first. Looked too big/distracting & rubbed the lining in reverse. Ended up with 235/35 front. Lucky Eagle tyres let me return/swap without charge. Can't wait to lower it a bit.

20150602_152146_RichtoneHDR.jpg

• 2 months later...

I have never been a fan of the Green Interior Illumination on the 2nd Gen IS, so I decided to do something about it....

white.JPG

So far the Windows switches, door lock and mirror switches have been changed, as well as the airvents, Cig Lighter, Gear Position, Seat Warmer/Cooler switch and headlamp washer switches have been changed.

Just wainting for some SMT LEDs for the lower part of the radio (Smaller sized than the rest of the car).

TODO : Start Button, Power/Snow, ECT Switches, and steering wheel switches.

• 3 months later...
  • 2 months later...
31 minutes ago, Aiden F said:

Do they come with the sensors when you buy them?

No. The headers came from a low mileage 2012 ISF wreck. Headers supplied by Lexmania.

Update, headers are on. Very happy with them. The Borla exhaust got a bit louder but not silly. Perfect for me. Exhaust note changed too & is much more aggressive. Even has a nice pulse to it now. Certainly a substantial improvement in power. I have new sticky Potenza SO01's (same as supplied on LFA & 458 Italia) & wheelspun the moment I gave it in 1st (wouldn't do that before). ECU is still adapting, so it should get even better in the next week. Certainly do recommend!

Completed conversion

2011 IS250C SL

Lowered on KWS

19" F sport forged wheels

Invidia mid pipe

2012 IS350 engine swap inc all brakes and rear Diff

oh and the 2013 IS250c F sport front end with PCS badging

20160204_120417_zpsgnan0ewn.jpg

Edited by ilv1004s
  • Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

No pics but have just installed a Torsen LSD (out of a low km Toyota 86 GTS wreck) into my 2010 IS250 F Sport. 

After sorting a minor rear axle leak.... very happy. 

4.1 final drive certainly makes the car feel more responsive off the line with improved in gear acceleration.  The rear feels better hooked up in corners too though I haven't taken it out for a 'proper' drive. 

$450 for the diff and 3 hours labour = highly rated mod!

Next mod - Swift sport lowering springs.    

On 15/02/2016 at 10:11 PM, elmarko said:

No pics but have just installed a Torsen LSD (out of a low km Toyota 86 GTS wreck) into my 2010 IS250 F Sport. 

After sorting a minor rear axle leak.... very happy. 

4.1 final drive certainly makes the car feel more responsive off the line with improved in gear acceleration.  The rear feels better hooked up in corners too though I haven't taken it out for a 'proper' drive. 

$450 for the diff and 3 hours labour = highly rated mod!

Next mod - Swift sport lowering springs.    

Very interesting, I've never heard of that modification. Auto? Tried combining that with a throttle controller?

Quite a few guys in the U.S. have done this mod. Most however have used second hand LSDs out of IS300s as opposed to out of 86s. I think Torsen diffs were an option on IS300s sold here in Oz? The main difference being the IS300 Torsen LSD has the same 3.9 final drive as the stock IS250 differential vs 4.1 with the unit I have installed out of the 86. 

All of these diffs are absolutely plug and play for the IS250 but are are not compatible with the IS350. I would also recommend replacing axle seals when installing as one of the old seals did develop a leak.

Have had a good look at throttle controllers but not convinced on the benefit. Any experience with these in a 250?       

I have a manual 250 and i really like this mod.Its difficult to find such a diff in Europe though because we dont have these cars here.I also have a new  map ecu3 piggy if someone is interested that i m willing to trade.

• 1 month later...