That's right the car we should have had years ago will definitely be in showrooms in 2010.

August production for Australia is what I'm hearing.

Just like the 250 line up there will be Prestige, Sports Luxury & an F-Sport version.

I also believe that the IS line up will recieve a bit of a freshen up at the same time. Also a few changes to the colour choices.

I've also got some exciting news on the rest of the range but I probably should post that in General Lexus Discussions Forums shouldn't I?

• Replies 164
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well let's hope that when the 350's come out that they get the facelift with the new 250's. It'd be suicide not to.

I agree.

Did you miss this comment?

I also believe that the IS line up will recieve a bit of a freshen up at the same time. Also a few changes to the colour choices.

I'll try to find out what changes they are looking at.

No doubt the 3.5 litre would be a revelation next to the 2.5 litre but...

Late 2010 is a long time to wait and you can bet it won't be cheap at least in the first six months after release. That means (for some) this might be a viable purchase mid 2011 - the model will definitely look and feel long in the tooth by then.

I also wonder if we might also be a little disappointed by the handling characteristics with the heavier donk especially as we've become so accustomed to some pretty sweet dynamics with the 250. I know the improvements delivered via F-Sport sways and suspension mods are much greater on the 350 vs the 250 - the 250 seems to have a much better stock setup.

Then again... maybe I'm simply justifying my recent F Sport purchase.

OMG!

farout

i wish they had released it last year

maaaan

getting a 250 around June/July....

far out man

im planing, get a used 250, drive till im on full license (red P's in june 13th) then get a 350 (i think by then there should be a new IS model, so it means the 350's will be cheaper

I'll be having some choice words with my dealer next time I drive past. I was guaranteed & assured Australia would never ever see an IS350 no matter what (nearly a direct quote).

This will cost the dealer my next purchase when the lease runs out on my current vehicle.

He could have said that he wasn't sure, but he was 100% adamant it would never arrive and my yearning for an IS350 would never be satisfied.

I'll be having some choice words with my dealer next time I drive past. I was guaranteed & assured Australia would never ever see an IS350 no matter what (nearly a direct quote).

This will cost the dealer my next purchase when the lease runs out on my current vehicle.

He could have said that he wasn't sure, but he was 100% adamant it would never arrive and my yearning for an IS350 would never be satisfied.

You can't be too hard on the dealerships, they only go off the information they are provided from Lexus Australia. Everything I have heard has been the same that Aus will never see the 350, but this has only changed and announced recently. Either way it's great news for us IS entusiasts who may want to upgrade in a year or more.

Then again, being car sales people, can you trust everything they tell you anyway???

60-70K for a used 350 is pretty good (it freakin fast aswell, ive seen youtube vids doing 4.5sec, modified tho)

i'll probably keep that for a long time, just keep modifying it i guess (i heard u cant make a IS250 go that much faster, but 350's u can get WAAAAY faster times with modifications)

Atlantis.

Please don't tell me you ever believe a car salesman!

It has been rumoured for more than 8 months that there was a chance it coming.

Finally, some sense has prevailed, now just the wait for the car and the price. No doubt it will start around 80k and be up over 100k for top of the line.

Makes you wonder. Most of the components will be the same as the 250, but a bigger motor. 20 odd K just for a bigger motor. We must be crazy!

Lexus dealers don't seem to spout as much crap as other dealers, hence the words having slightly more weight than your usual Holden dealer.

It wasn't just one of the yard boys who assured me of the IS350 never reaching our shores, it was a senior manager. Had I known there was *any* remote chance we'd get it, I'd never have bought an IS250. I would have waited as long as it took to get an IS350 and accept whatever price was slapped on it (within reason, considering the IS-F model).

They will have to adjust the 250 price south, if they are to make the 350 price compatitive. I think anothing over 100K would be too high.

I still can't go passed the claimed 0-100km/hr time of 5.6sec, it's ALOT faster than the 250.

They will have to adjust the 250 price south, if they are to make the 350 price compatitive. I think anothing over 100K would be too high.

Not going to happen.

Prices on IS250 went down on January 1 by $2,500-3,500.

You guys have to get your heads around this car and stop comparing it to IS250 for price. Its true competitor is the BMW 335i. Price on that baby starts approx $107,300(plus ORC) with no sunroof & no metallic paint.

http://www.redbook.com.au/new-cars/details.aspx?R=452615&Cr=6&__Ns=p_OverallGreenStarRating_Decimal%7c1%7c%7cp_Make_String%7c0%7c%7cp_Family_String%7c0&__N=2994%202951%204294843807%204294964888&silo=1301&seot=1&__Nne=15&trecs=12&__sid=126DB939544D

Add those two options and its $111,920 (metallic paint $1700; sunroof $2920)plus ORC

Another way of looking at it is that a GS300 sports Lux is $115,889 on road with less power (183kw).

The price all depends on what Lexus Australia can negotiate with Lexus Japan. Just like we do with the dealer. This varies with the number they project to sell and the spec levels they choose. The bigger the number the better the price. I don't think the numbers on IS350 will be that big. The GS series sell in much smaller numbers than IS250. Its logical that the dearer the car the less you sell.

So if the IS350 starts at $80,000 as someone has guessed, I will dance in the streets. In an IS350 lol.

I don't think this is a car that a lot of IS250 owners will buy straight away as it will be a different price level.

Well, he's the go and the part that I think really stinks when it comes to buying cars here.

Go to the Lexus US website and look at the prices.

Base models for the IS250 is just over $33k US. Now there are a lot on features included, but they also have a lot of options. Main one being the ML sound and Nav package at $3900 US, and $2k US for a Luxury Plus Value Edition package which items are mainly included in the Oz car.

Now the IS350 starts at $37.5k US with much the same options and prices. SO, only $4.5k US difference!!!!!!!!!

And this is where prices SHOULD BE!!!!!!!!!!

Same cars, same set ups, same gearbox, same internals, just a bigger motor that costs Lexus two tenths of bugg@r all to produce!!!!

I hope Lexus of Aust is watching, cause, it's about time they stopped scre#ing us all over...................

Now in Japan, before Tax prices are

IS350 - L 5.1M Yen - F 5.0M Yen - S 4.8M Yen - Base 4.7M yen

IS250 - L 4.3M Yen - F 4.6M Yen - S 4.0M Yen - Base 3.7M yen

There is a list with add ons. But basically $1Aus = 80yen today.

Basically the IS350L would be $64k Aus, and the IS250L would be $54k Aus. So, only $10k difference for top on the line models. Gee, by the way, $54k + 5% import duties doesn't equal $84k which is about what Lexus Oz is selling the current IS250 Lux Sports for!!!!

Finsihed my rant and will go and take my pills now!