Thanks for the well wishes - dis-lex-sic. Yes the IS350 will be a ripper, and if it wasn't for me heading back to one income for the time being, Id probably look into one! I'll be interested to see what 'sweeteners' they put into the vehicle for us. Surely it will be more than just a bigger donk. Any ideas from other forum members? What has anyone learnt about what the 350 is offering in addition to 250? What's the story in the US for example?

well to start off with

bigger brakes

Different Diff

Diffedrent ratios on the gearbox

Bigger engine

Bigger drive shafts

other than that it's pretty much the same car

but..

with a big of difference :D

• Replies 164
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks for the well wishes - dis-lex-sic. Yes the IS350 will be a ripper, and if it wasn't for me heading back to one income for the time being, Id probably look into one! I'll be interested to see what 'sweeteners' they put into the vehicle for us. Surely it will be more than just a bigger donk. Any ideas from other forum members? What has anyone learnt about what the 350 is offering in addition to 250? What's the story in the US for example?

well to start off with

bigger brakes

Different Diff

Diffedrent ratios on the gearbox

Bigger engine

Bigger drive shafts

other than that it's pretty much the same car

but..

with a big of difference :D

lol...classic.

there's this exotic car mechanic...complete fool....but he was going on about how the windscreen of a certain model car is the same as in another model of the same brand. he was caught out and finally came out with this "the same, in a non identical way"

Just like this...the IS350 is the same as an IS250...in a non identical way :)

The engine is a more powerful version of the 3.5-litre V6 already used in the likes of the Lexus RX350 and Toyota Aurion, developing 228kW and 375Nm. That makes the IS350 a direct rival for the likes of the 225kW BMW 335i.

I cannot wait for the comparison test. It's not a fair fight cos the 335i has a twin-turbo. ;)

• 3 weeks later...

Word from Lexus of Brighton (Vic) is that the IS350 will also feature AWD.

Might want to point out to them that the IS350 is only made & sold RWD....world wide.

Its the IS250 that is made RWD & AWD.

On a weird/useless fact note:

Did you know that you can buy a brand new IS300???

You can in the Philippines.....as they don't have IS250/350, they have a current shape IS300? Weird huh.

07075.jpg

• 1 month later...

OK fellas I've got what I think is great news.

I've been trying to get this for a while.

Now while its not official, just yet, I have been told the price premium for the IS350 will be around $10,000 over the IS250.

Like the IS250C I think they will all be optioned with Nav etc

This is less than I was expecting and will make an IS350 awesome value.

well as soon as thats confirmed where do i sign???

only things i have to do is check insurance is acceptable! as isf was going to set me back between 7-10k a year!

plus with the new prestiges i heard you can't option them with ML anymore, and i'd really miss that....

i want my nav/sunroof/ml!!! if i can get that into the car at a 10 - 15k premium over the new price i paid for my 250 than i'm sold!

dis-lex-sic - please tell me when i can stop the mods on my 250? :-)

woah, 10K, so its cheaper than a IS250C Sport Lux??

hell yehhhh

too bad i dont have money, lol

but it any of u guys are gonna sell ur aftermarket parts on ur IS250 before u trade-in or sell

plz post up here, thankss

lol too bad that aint gonna work

parts are interchangeable between the is250 and is350

even though they will work on is350 ill probably still be letting my parts go!

If i get it ill be going for the sleeper effect. Only thing ill have is an intake for some noise at high revs.

Ill also badge it back to a 250 as well! Hahaha..... Freak out some evo/370/350/gti etc etc..... :-)

0-100 in 5.6 in almost pure silence! Pure sports luxury! :-)

nice cevu

the other cars are gonna be like WHATTTT i lost to a 250?!!

and then they wont mess with me, :D

tell us when u get ur car and if ur gonna be badge to a 250, cuz i'll give u mine, or swap

although i dont wanna put the 350 on cuz that just posing

but DEFINATLEY tell us when u sell ur parts like ur spoilers and all the other good stuff

:D thanks

A 10K premium over the IS250 is a bargain.

Are you sure about this? Cos if you are I will definitely look at a 350 instead of going German for more power. And the bonus is I can swap all my parts over except for the body kit....

oh, lol

its meant to be ksty1 pronounced Kay Style, cause u know how in korean, u pronounce 1, as "ill" (일)

but u can call me by my real name, which is Lehman, pronounced Leeman, like the german goal keeper guy or the golf player Tom Lehman (i think tahts his name)

how'd i pronounce ur username??

i'll just refer to u as danny from now, since everyone does, lol

AHAHAHAHAHAHA

well, its good now ppl know, lol

just wonderin

if i got custom plates that said "1SICIS"

wat do u guys rekon??

is it goo honda style? or would be look good in black background with silver writing??

only reason im holding off getting it is, cuz i rekon it would be easier for ppl to report me if i had custom plates, but if i left my normal white and black ones, it would be harder for them to remeber the plate

AHAHAHAHAHAHA

well, its good now ppl know, lol

just wonderin

if i got custom plates that said "1SICIS"

wat do u guys rekon??

is it goo honda style? or would be look good in black background with silver writing??

only reason im holding off getting it is, cuz i rekon it would be easier for ppl to report me if i had custom plates, but if i left my normal white and black ones, it would be harder for them to remeber the plate

You know whatever plates you may have, Any camera wont have problems "remembering" your plates :P

it would be easier for ppl to report me if i had custom plates, but if i left my normal white and black ones, it would be harder for them to remeber the plate

Why would ppl want to report you? For being an idiot?

Simple don't be an idiot, problem solved.

Those plates are worthy of reporting just on their own...IMO.

Is your car out of the panel shop yet?

LOL, yeh i guess, just that i probably wont be the one being an idiot, if i just drive along with my friends in their cars, they sometimes do thing which arent appropriate, but its just us being teenagers i guess

although i would never do such things to my IS, lol

my friend got plates, some euro style one for his SL350, their really nice, but REALLY long aswell

and, i get my car back on tuesday afternoon