• Replies 164
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Love the new front bar.

Thumbs-up from me too - hopefully, all variants of the 250/350 might lose the wide black plastic appendage that you once had to have for holding even narrow licence plates.

I notice that these high-res pictures match some of the low-res ones found in "leaked" images, such as that shown here:

http://www.themotorreport.com.au/50498/2011-lexus-is-gets-modest-updates-revealed-in-leaked-brochure

I could never trust the authenticity of earlier "leaks", but these images from dis-lex-sic confirm that the interior has a few additional bits of silver grey trim, particularly on the steering wheel and the glovebox. "What was wrong with just black trim?" I hear you say.

The F-Sport (blue example) looking more like an IS F and that's not a bad thing. Not convinced on the underside scalloping of the front bar though but I like the fog surrounds.

Additionally "LEXUS" badge gone from trunk -hooray! Want to do this mod but badge holes in the panel make for an additional challenge.

Also, looks like "F-Sport" fender badges are part of the package. Already available from Sewell for those with F-Sports and keen.

dont like the DRL. it looks like a tack on. doesnt flow. not as bad as some ive seen (clubsport) but still they could look better.

Totally agree! I don't get the whole thing of copy what every other car manufacturer is doing. Audi, Porsche, Holden, Merc and the list goes on and now Lexus.

Also, the wheels look like the old Sports model wheels slightly dressed up.

Steering wheel, another tacky add on trying to change the look that doesn't need to be changed.

Two positives though is the front lip and of course the number in the name "350". Unreal!

Would I buy one??? Only if I was blown away by the drive & additional power for the price.

• 3 weeks later...

News on the MY11 IS range.

Addition of Pre Collision Braking to the Pre Collision System

• The following specifications have been discontinued;

o Rear ALR seat belts (all models)

o Adaptive Front-lighting System (HID headlamps equipped models)

o Front passenger seat memory (Sports Luxury)

o Electric rear sunshade (Sports Luxury)

o Manual Transmission (all models)

New colours:

Starlight Black: ‘glass flakes’ in place of traditional metallic flakes. Light will be reflected and refracted as well as passing through (to the base coat) instead of just reflecting like traditional metallic flakes.

Lapis Lazuli: Replaces Saphire (dark blue)

Cattleya / Midnight Metallic: Dark Purple-ish. Currently available on IS250C

Silvery Blue / Blue Pearl: currently available on IS 250C

Discontinued Colours

o Dark Blue Mica / Sapphire

o Light Blue Metallic / Arctic Blue

o Blond Mica Metallic / Molten Copper

Jake, Doesn't the '09 SL already have this? I had one on cruise control and I got it to brake for me or is it different?

Nice to hear the adaptive front lights have gone. A mate of mine has these and they leaked like crazy. A whopping $4500 to replace them. Lucky for warranty.

Jake, Doesn't the '09 SL already have this? I had one on cruise control and I got it to brake for me or is it different?

jom you sure it wasnt just radar cruise control?

Jom,

Pre-collision System is what you're talking about and you're right is was there before. Pre-collision Braking is the third & new addition to this system.

Pre Collision System (PCS)

The PCS consists of 3 main components:

1. Pre Collision Seatbelts

2. Pre Collision Brake Assist

3. Pre Collision Braking

If the PCS determines that a frontal collision is unavoidable (not merely likely) and the driver

has not yet started braking, it can activate the brakes to reduce vehicle speed and hence

reduce damage / injury.

It is important to understand that by the time PCB activates it is most likely too late to avoid the

collision. The PCB feature serves to reduce damage and injury, not to avoid the accident. It

gives the driver the maximum amount of time to take action to avoid the accident (ie steering)

before operating the brakes only when the accident becomes unavoidable.

damn, so nice...

those LED's are just mint

DW LEX5IS, your car looks sooooo goood man

that drop changed it all, and the rims are hella nice aswell

nice work on the car