Also, with that plate, QueenSt Customs cruisers are your friends....

Probably appropriate ;)

dis-lex-ic,

can u please confirm whether its a 10k premium over the top end is250 sports lux or 10k more model for model! As in is250 prestige and sim spec is350 10k difference?

• Replies 164
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I do think the IS350 would be around 95-100K and it would have to be around 10K extra on top of IS250 SL.

Makes sense I think as prices for ex demo BMW 335i's go for around this price and it would be a direct competitor.

Will have to wait and see...

dis-lex-ic,

can u please confirm whether its a 10k premium over the top end is250 sports lux or 10k more model for model! As in is250 prestige and sim spec is350 10k difference?

cevu nothing is confirmed until the pricing is released "officially" by Lexus Australia.

However it sounds like there will be 3 levels.

Prestige..I think with EMV standard (sunroof?)

F-sport...yes please

Sports Lux...

I thought this may be of interest

http://www.luxurymotorworks.com/product.php?pname=IS+350%2F250&pk=263&car_model_key=305&msg=Good+news!++This+product+is+available+for+your++Lexus+IS+350

And this is nice

http://www.turbomagazine.com/features/0606turp_lexus_is350/index1.html

402 horsepower

dis-lex-ic,

cevu nothing is confirmed until the pricing is released "officially" by Lexus Australia.

F-sport...yes please

Sports Lux...

http://www.luxurymotorworks.com/product.php?pname=IS+350%2F250&pk=263&car_model_key=305&msg=Good+news!++This+product+is+available+for+your++Lexus+IS+350

And this is nice

402 horsepower

i'm aware its not officially confirmed, just trying to clarify what u meant when u said it was a 10k premium over the 250.

Top spec IS350 should around 100K, will buy a GS350 instead. what is the point for the IS350?

gs is too conservative looking. is actually looks sporty!

same as what everyone else has already said.

oh.... interior of IS dash/centre console is so much nicer looking as well.

Top spec IS350 should around 100K, will buy a GS350 instead. what is the point for the IS350?

gs is too conservative looking. is actually looks sporty!

same as what everyone else has already said.

oh.... interior of IS dash/centre console is so much nicer looking as well.

Agree............ 1st time I feel I am too old to out, haha

Well a GS is larger and is no doubt heavier than an IS. Hence a GS250, given it's gonna be a 2.5L v6 (??) will lack abit of grunt if you know what i mean...unless they up the power to a 3.5L engine which would render it a GS350.

No I believe the range will be both GS250 & GS350.

You can buy a BMW 5 series 4 cylinder diesel new that has only 130kw, so a GS250 will go up against that easily.

There is a massive slice of the market for these cars that power isn't a priority. Most of the customers for these cars will have very grey hair. :D

dis-lex-ic,

F-sport...yes please

Sports Lux...

And this is nice

402 horsepower

402hp would be at the engine for a the 3.5L with mods. not too had

• 2 weeks later...

Listed on Lexus Au Website yesterday (only a few months away)

-----------------------------------------------------------

LEXUS IS350 SETS PERFORMANCE BENCHMARK

Tuesday, 18 May 2010

LEXUS IS 350 SETS PERFORMANCE BENCHMARK

Lexus' forthcoming IS 350 sedan will develop the highest specific output of any of its naturally aspirated six-cylinder rivals when it launches late this year.

IS 350's powerful 3.5 V6 will develop 233kW, attaining a specific output of 67.4kW per litre - the highest among its competitors and the highest of a petrol engine in the Lexus range.

IS 350 will also feature the greatest torque of any of its naturally aspirated rivals - with 378Nm of torque available at 4800 rpm.

Lexus Australia chief executive Tony Cramb said IS 350 continues Lexus Australia's push into new market territories.

"IS 350, along with CT 200h and other forthcoming product, will continue to grow Lexus' product range and appeal to consumers," he said.

"IS 350 is evidence of our moves to widen our product range and close up a few gaps that exist there, with IS 350 slotting nicely between IS 250 and our performance flagship IS F.

"We have no doubt that, with its new 3.5-litre engine and features, IS 350 will be a very popular vehicle," Mr Cramb said.

"We are just as excited about this car as our customers are."

The Lexus IS 350 will launch in the final quarter of 2010.

-----------------------------------------------------------

big_pic_13175174.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

wow!

cant wait to see one!

although they kinda look exactly the same cept brakes, lol

meh, i wanna see the IS350 badge, LOL

do they come standard with the 18" rims?

not many with the 18's so it'll be easIER to find

Hmm is anyone taken off their IS250 emblems? lol

So it's a JDM spec not a US spec (233KW vs 228KW)?

This is getting better and better by the day.

thats a nice power output... wish i could wait a little longer...

but i fear to see what a sports luxury will set us back... over 100k for sure...

THEY'RE HERE!!!

Well kinda, there are now 2 in Australia.

They are in Sydney ATM.

I've got a mate who reckons he spotted an IS350 badge in Adelaide over the weekend. Hopefully not too long now.

I have not taken delivery of my sports/lux yet... Dont get mine until 1st of July...

I spoke to Lexus in Brisbane today just to see if I could break the deal and get the 350 instead with extra $$$ of course...

However he said "He can not confirm there is a IS350 coming to Australia" & "Even if there were we don't have the pricing yet"

He then went on to say not 2 minutes later "The pricing will be delivered to them this month" lol