Hi Guys,

I am from Perth, Western Australia. I took the IS350 for a test drive yesterday, and loved the car! I hope the forum members could give me some advice in relation to a purchasing decision.

Here are my issues:

1. Should I wait for another 2 months to get a 2011 compliance vehicle?

2. My wife likes blue/black combination but my mum prefers black/black combination, which interior/exterior combination do you think best suit the F Sport model?

Thanks a lot guys! I really appreciate your commentaries.

Cheers,

D

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey D, just my 2 cents - yep, if you can hold out I'd wait to get 2011 compliance plates just to help with resale later down the track, especially since there's only 2 months to go!

I've always preferred lighter colour cars just for practicality purposes (easier to keep them looking clean) but a black/black combination would look awesome, especially on those new rims that come with the IS 350 F-Sport!

i picked up my black/black 350 f sport on monday

agree with the black being harder to maintain, on the other hand, the starlight black really stands out.. as before, all my cars are black since like forever lol so i'm used to it =)

re: the 2011, i traded my 2009 my10 upgrade is250 in, if u have a trade in and WAIT till next year, ur trade in will also be worth less, and also if they jack price up next year, u might be doubly worse off.. so really yes u might be a little better off not considering any price increases but thats something u gotta gamble on !

The prospect of price increase is minimal because of a range of factors such as competitive pressures and no significant changes to the vehicle next year. However, I think if I were to trade now, I can negotiate stronger with the dealership as they're keen to move their stock along. Given the only 2 vehicles available in PERTH at the moment are white and blue, with black interior I tend to lean towards the blue. But I saw several images of black vehicle on the internet, I must say the black looks amazing! Are you able to post a few pictures?

Cheers,

D

The prospect of price increase is minimal because of a range of factors such as competitive pressures and no significant changes to the vehicle next year. However, I think if I were to trade now, I can negotiate stronger with the dealership as they're keen to move their stock along. Given the only 2 vehicles available in PERTH at the moment are white and blue, with black interior I tend to lean towards the blue. But I saw several images of black vehicle on the internet, I must say the black looks amazing! Are you able to post a few pictures?

Cheers,

D

if you goto the australian lexus site, the car on the first paste of the is350 section is the starlight black =)

oh and i honestly dont think u will be able to negotiate much if any, from what i know... pretty much all the is350 f sports are allocated in victoria, so they will have no issues moving the is350 f sport stock..

i guess the most important thing is... if you want black or blue hahaha =)

Thank you all for your contribution to this post.

I have decided on the ultrasonic blue with black interior. The reason for the ultrasonic blue over the black is to distinguish from the IS250, which I dont believe comes in ultrasonic blue. Also, the ultrasonic blue is the original colour on the IS-F. I would have loved the sandy white leather for the blue but I have 2 little children who like to "walk" around on the car seats.

I am picking mine up next Wednesday night. According to the Perth dealership, I am the first customer taking delivery in WA, Perth.

Cheers,

D

Does anyone know if the tail lights on the new IS350 are LEDs? The brake light bulbs seems too big to be LEDs to me.

Tail lights in the IS350 are LED Lexo. From the website

" The rear tail lights incorporate sophisticated LED lamps that illuminate faster than conventional tail lamps so when you apply the brakes, drivers behind you are alerted sooner."

cheers,

Michael

The reason for the ultrasonic blue over the black is to distinguish from the IS250, which I dont believe comes in ultrasonic blue.

That won't distinguish it from a 250.

IS250 has been available in that blue for over a year...you can also get an IS250C in that colour.

Nice colour

• 2 weeks later...

picked up my graphite 350 F Sport last friday. very very impressive. it's my first Lexus and i'm a quick convert!

given that the car is so new, i can't see you getting much value out of holding out to the new year from a resale perspective. # of klms on the clock will have greater impact on resale value that the difference between a Nov-10 and a Jan-11 registration date

Tail lights in the IS350 are LED Lexo. From the website

" The rear tail lights incorporate sophisticated LED lamps that illuminate faster than conventional tail lamps so when you apply the brakes, drivers behind you are alerted sooner."

Loooool @ sooner. A micro millisecond sooner is gonna change the person behinds reaction time?? Rofl @ lexus sales. These led's must have light that travels faster then the conventional speed of light. Wow lexus technology ay!!!

It sounds funny but at 110kmh a quicker & brighter stop light can make several metres difference to the stopping distance. It's a fact.

It's not just the speed of the LEDs but also the extra brightness. The brighter the light the more the driver behind will react to it.

At 120kmh you cover about 33 metres every second so even split seconds make a difference.

yeah its true about brighter but they say "sooner" and "illuminate faster." i would understand about brighter though. that makes more sense.They should change that wording.

do the bulbs actually light up fast?

like the message gets sent from the brake pedal to the lights faster?

if so, then my bad, i thought it was the same speed

cuz nothing fsater than the speed of light right??

but then again, old bulbs, u cant see anything (like at some traffic lights) but then the new LED ones are so bright, hahaha

do the bulbs actually light up fast?

like the message gets sent from the brake pedal to the lights faster?

if so, then my bad, i thought it was the same speed

cuz nothing fsater than the speed of light right??

but then again, old bulbs, u cant see anything (like at some traffic lights) but then the new LED ones are so bright, hahaha

speed of light is always the same.

the speed of an electrical signal is so quick it may aswell be the same as speed of light.

what dis-lex-sic is saying a brighter stop light in your face (ie LEDS) greatly improved reaction times of the driver behind you.

lexus have mis worded their write up. it has nothing to do with the speed of the LED technology its to do with the BRIGHTNESS of the technology. The driver may REACT sooner. but the light doesnt get there sooner to alert you sooner. its brighter to alert you better.

ahhh get it now

so just basically saying the LED's are brighter than normal halogens right?

yeh i get that, and should last alot longer right?

lexus have mis worded their write up. it has nothing to do with the speed of the LED technology its to do with the BRIGHTNESS of the technology. The driver may REACT sooner. but the light doesnt get there sooner to alert you sooner. its brighter to alert you better.

No they havent. They actually come up to full brightness faster.