Headers Group Buy...(Possible)

RichieISF

Hi all,

Some of you may or may not know i have the JoeZ cat back Exhaust fitted to my Is-F. And while there is currently not anyone supplying us RHD guys with a Set of headers, Ive tracked down a guy who might be able to make us a few sets.

Now im hoping to get my car to him in the next few weeks (working interstate can be hard to plan things) and see how we go.

Who would be keen for a nice set of headers...?

Richie.

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi Guys,

New to the forum :) picked up my silver ISF 2 weeks ago and loving it.

Have been trying to source some aftermarket performance bits - starting with a cat back exhaust.

Could I ask where you sourced your JoeZ cat back system please ? I'm in Sydney btw.

Thanks in advance

Mike

Hi Mike

I am also in Sydney and keen on a JoeZ exhaust but not managed to find where to get one yet. please let me know if you do find a fitment centre in Sydney.

Cheers

Malibu

I have been looking for aftermarket parts for a while and avialibility is pretty limited. City Performance Centre at Artarmon are looking at ISF parts at the moment. Luke at events O'Neil runs an ISF and may have some info on parts as well. Also the service manager at Chatswood Lexus....

Have a look at the ISF parts on the US site. Brakes and wheels fit.. for worthwhile improvement. KWV3 coilovers help put the power down and offer an improved ride.

Hi Mike

I am also in Sydney and keen on a JoeZ exhaust but not managed to find where to get one yet. please let me know if you do find a fitment centre in Sydney.

Cheers

Malibu

Hey Malibu

If you are thinking about a cat back you could always look at Hi Tech to do a custom job. They are not always the cheapest but do a good job.

Would be interested to hear what you get.

• 2 weeks later...

HI All,

Ive only just joined up last night and am glad to see so much interest in the IS F.

I have a 2010 white IS F that has been completely wrapped in matte black vinyl. I also have the US spec wheels on the car that don't have the chrome highlights on them, just all dark grey. With the dark window tint the car looks pretty mean!

As far as exhausts go, I have looked around and decided on a pretty unique option. I didn't want the loud drone that V8's can make at low revs (actually, my girlfriend refused to get in the car if I put a loud exhaust on it!), so with the help of Sid (service manager from Lexus Chatswood) we bought a solenoid operated valve, cut a hole in the pipe just after the middle resonator, and welded the valve on to the pipe. We then wired the switch in to the centre console. So now I have a fully standard exhaust when the valve is closed (and the missus is in the car!), but when the switch is flicked I have a straight 4 inch dump pipe after the resonator! The best of both worlds! Not sure if it has massively improved the bhp, but it certainly sounds a lot better, especially on the track! I also had an Injen intake pipe on but just removed it after a few months as the initial off the line performance was diminished due to the increase in airflow - it gave the car an almighty kick at around 4000rpm though!

Feel free to get in touch if you'd like more info, and I look forward to keeping up to date with the forums.

HI All,

Ive only just joined up last night and am glad to see so much interest in the IS F.

I have a 2010 white IS F that has been completely wrapped in matte black vinyl. I also have the US spec wheels on the car that don't have the chrome highlights on them, just all dark grey. With the dark window tint the car looks pretty mean!

As far as exhausts go, I have looked around and decided on a pretty unique option. I didn't want the loud drone that V8's can make at low revs (actually, my girlfriend refused to get in the car if I put a loud exhaust on it!), so with the help of Sid (service manager from Lexus Chatswood) we bought a solenoid operated valve, cut a hole in the pipe just after the middle resonator, and welded the valve on to the pipe. We then wired the switch in to the centre console. So now I have a fully standard exhaust when the valve is closed (and the missus is in the car!), but when the switch is flicked I have a straight 4 inch dump pipe after the resonator! The best of both worlds! Not sure if it has massively improved the bhp, but it certainly sounds a lot better, especially on the track! I also had an Injen intake pipe on but just removed it after a few months as the initial off the line performance was diminished due to the increase in airflow - it gave the car an almighty kick at around 4000rpm though!

Feel free to get in touch if you'd like more info, and I look forward to keeping up to date with the forums.

Hey Luke

Your car sounds interesting and the mod to the exhaust is a bit of great lateral thinking.

Looking at your profile, is the avents oniell your business?

Interested in the Sandown drives, noting the 24th Feb is sold out.

How do these sessions work?

could always look at Hi Tech to do a custom job. They are not always the cheapest but do a good job.

I can agree with this. Had work done by Hi tech exhaust in the past.....always great work and not that expensive.

Last time I was in there they had just finished a sytem on a BMW M6....UNBELIEVABLE sound.

LHD and RHD different?

i thought they were the same

Well im told there is a steering shaft in the way , and so the route of the pipes is different.

As for the JoeZ exhaust ,it deletes one set of cat converters, and sounds.... just awesome... ive never been pulled over bout the sound,... Actually i have.. but the cop was awesome bout it , told me to give it a bit of a rev, (seems he loves V8s, and told me thats how they should all sound)

Im home next week, im going to try and go see this guy bout the headers.. then i will report back here.

Willing to catch up and show you all the sound...

Richie

• 2 weeks later...

LHD and RHD different?

Well im told there is a steering shaft in the way , and so the route of the pipes is different.

As for the JoeZ exhaust ,it deletes one set of cat converters, and sounds.... just awesome... ive never been pulled over bout the sound,... Actually i have.. but the cop was awesome bout it , told me to give it a bit of a rev, (seems he loves V8s, and told me thats how they should all sound)

Im home next week, im going to try and go see this guy bout the headers.. then i will report back here.

Richie

Hey Richie,

How did you get a hold of the JoeZ in Aus ?

Thanks

Mike

LHD and RHD different?

Richie

Hey Richie,

How did you get a hold of the JoeZ in Aus ?

Thanks

Mike

Hi Mike, I ordered it thru L-tuned parts (carson toyota ) in the states. Cost was close to $2500 once it was here, freight was crazy priced, and then customs fees (even thou i asked the guy to put a different price on the invoice.)

Then i fitted it myself...Im a mechanic so i borrowed a mates hoist.. took all of bout 1.5 hours...the fit and finish is excellent.

From behind the car, all you can see is 2 polished pipes.. I also matte blacked out the tips , so it looks as close to stock as possible. i dont know how to add web links.. but there is a full fitting page with pics on line.

Google "joez exhaust isf"

Thanks mate.

Seeing the interest in the headers/exhaust I have made a few further enquiries. Apparently an ecu tune is needed to realise the best gains from headers/exhaust if not just for sound.

The lexus ecu hasnt yet been cracked but it is being worked on.

Subject to interest and some costing details I am looking at embarking on a develeopment process for the exhaust. First step is to dyno the car stock, then drop the exhaust off and dyno again to see what sort of gains can be made.

If the results are promising then next step would be to look at x pipe on standard set up and go from there. ECU maybe cracked by then.....

Intention is to develop a standard set of mods if sufficient interst.

First step is to work out how to properly dyno the car....

Keep you posted but expect long and irregular process.

If any interest in particiapting pm me.

Maybe we should check out www.icode.jp . seems they have the fastest isf so far...?

Im trying to order the silicone intake and the throttle body from them , hopefully i hear back from them soon.

ECU beening cracked Im told is a bit away .so bolt on mods is best at the moment. Hopefully going to get a set of headers and see how it all goes..

Good luck dogmatix on your deveelopment of the exhaust... i hope all works well,

Check out the JoeZ exhaust it has the X pipe you speak of.

• 3 weeks later...

Well thanks for asking, I went and caught up with the guys who were looking into making me a set of headers, they said it can be def done, but they would need a car for at least a week .

However,Im thinking of getting myself a set from Sikky in the states, and getting them trial fitted, to see what needs to be changed etc. However Im told that there are RHD sets being R&D at the moment in the states also .

But i will keep you guys in the loop.

Will get pics when i get silicone intake .

Richie

yes sikky headers seem to be a good idea

a guy on the forums is running the full set up

sikky + joeZ ehxuast and joez pipe with toms drop in filter and he makes 411hp atw or sumthing similar

so sikky must be a good gain

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Hey guys, I've been doing some work with hurricane headers, and while it's only early days, but I've ordered a set of manifold gaskets, and now I'm waitin on a pair of flanges to be made up...

They tell me we could make them up to bolt up to the stock system, with cats built it... I'm hoping to gauge some serious interest here, and so I'm putting it out there... Details are to follow...

• 5 months later...

Facebook post yesterday -

PPE Engineering LLC

We will be traveling to Australia to prototype on the RHD Lexus ISF and IS250/350 next week! For tech support or sales questions, please email us at sales@ppeengineering.com

Sounds promising!