Isf Exhaust

Artyisf

for sure!

we need an 'exhaust off' comparison at the next meet haha..

we have a joe z, we have a borla, now hks, xforce and someone will bring an ISS im sure..

Doesn't soubd too much louder but definetly sounds deeper/bassier - would that be fair? IMO much better than the ISS - that was too loud for my liking 

yeah I mean its hard to say as I adjusted to the ISS but its not a huge difference over stock danny/jason said it sounded stock ish when I gave it a hit but I think its a little deeper/bassier personally, it is pretty much new also so it will sound a little deeper over time im guessing!

• Like 1

yeah I have no issue with the stock tips I think it really suits the car actually - i do think I will need to do something to the mid pipe to give it a little more sound, not sure if I should either have the secondary cats replaced OR get a custom mid - I dont want it to be too loud and dont want drone but just a little more sound.. any ideas?

Those rear mufflers will eliminate any drone. Remove the resonator for a tad more rumble and more volume. I've heard that removing cats doesn't do much to noise. 

Google Lexus ISF resonator removed and you'll see a. 2013 blue ISF with this mod. Good clips. Sounds tuff. Will cost you less than $200

update - local shop said it wouldn't make much of a difference and I kind of agree so I didnt go ahead with the delete  - from what I have read from those who have done the delete was it was a little more raspy 3k and above.

decided to go for a custom mid so I will call some shops next week and see what they can do for me - now its just a fine balance between a more deep/rumble but still having minimal to no drone and not too loud.

alternative is one from japan which I found but that would be around $1.8 landed which is a bit too much, or the HKS which you can still get from the states but again similar price.

• 2 weeks later...

can anyone reccomend an exhaust shop in sydney? (not northmead perf)

rang best mufflers waiting for a call back and hear west side is pretty good?

seems to be a massive job to make a custom mid..

west side is your best bet - but you gotta make sure he works on it and doesnt get distracted with all the other cars there. 

i would suggest Hi-Tech Exhuast but they wanted to charge me $1200 for a secondary cat and resonator delete!!!!

Let me know how you go man

Why not Northmead performance??

Alright il try west side tomorrow 

best mufflers didn't even return my call

northmead didn't seem interested in the job at all.

way it's going il just order the mid pipe from Japan didn't think I'd have so much hassle trying to get this done!!

I know it's quite basic btw but if I'm going to pay $$ might aswell get something that has been proven to flow well etc

yeah I was quoted $500 for cat delete.

what are you getting done exhaust wise?

That one from Japan- is it hks? Doesn't say which brand? That's what I'm scared of ordering from there - don't exactly know what you're getting.

not doing anything ATM. Just getting all different info

just some company called 'befreejapan' dont really know what your getting which is true.. still JDM tho lol.

the HKS mid I can find (USA spec) its around $970USD and no idea about shipping, JDM spec seems no existant.. just can find the metal cat's thats it which are around 1.7k before shipping.. cats alone...

all I could find was this video but this is the catback they are selling 'befreejapan' system.

Hey i'm looking to change exhaust tossing between  joe z, borla, hks which one will you guys would recommend and also how bad is the drone on them ? Why I ask is that I had a Milltek exhaust on my previous car and it was really bad drone. 

Bang for buck has to be borla!!

i only got the HKS axle due to it being used and now I have to work out a mid pipe so it's a bit of a hassle!

i had a milltek axle on my GTI and loved it - don't get the ISS you will hate the drone!