Need Exhaust Advice For An My11 Isf

@mans247

Hey guys,

I need your help/guidance on a new exhaust system, after looking on youtube and US forums as well as making some calls in Sydney (where i am from) i have come up with the following options:

1. Import an ISS forged exhaust from the states for $2,000 + shipping ($480) and have someone locally install it or

2. Get a cat back system locally or

3. Buy something like this: http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Borla-Exhaust-System-and-X-Pipe-08-11-Lexus-ISF-IS-F-5-0L-8cyl-12656-/330797667721?pt=Motors_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories&hash=item4d0513d589#ht_1968wt_1180

4. Have an X pipe custom made

No 4 is ridiculously expensive just the x pipe without fitting is $2400 by a performance place which i shall not name but they are very reputable and do great work however i would never pay that much for a single piece of metal, this is ontop of installing it.

I am looking for a system that can give me a 25hp gain (something i dont think is unrealistic) however i dont want to pay 4k, am i asking too much?

What have you guys done ? Any guidance is greatly appreciated.

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i have a ISS forged des on my ISF this is far the best exhaust for noise and drone

I have a custom exhaust for sale if your intrested off my race car

sound wise it sounds likea boral system and retains the original tips

Where did you get the ISS Forged system from? Is it a Cat back system or all the way through?

Might be interested in the Boral, still doing research, what are you asking for it

ok i think i might have got u confused

It's a custom exhaust that kind sounds like a Borla system

it's actually not a Borla system

give me a call on my mobile or sms me

hi

if you are looking for someone to look at your exhaust (with no crap)sonny at autowerks is great .

put a custom exhaust on my isf went from 242kw to262kw, just exhaust and a k&n filter .he has his own in house dyno, also you can look at his web site autowerks.com.au.

tell him john with white isf told you to give him a call ph 1300 760 148

JoeZ when I did my research was the best value for money in terms of hp gain, no drone, and all round sound. I would think that this is the most common aftermarket cat back exhaust fitted in Oz which says something. Many forum members have JoeZ and I for one would be happy to take you for a spin so that you can feel and hear it first hand.

Hey Guys,

Thank you all for your input - my issue is that Joey Z is 3k from Chatswood + install. When you can get ISS Forged system for $1700 + shipping (Another $470). The thing i like about the ISS Forged system is i can get rid of the fake quad tips as well (which i cant stand about the car)

They sound good too :

Malibu, where are you based mate, would love to hear your car I am in North Sydney.

Went for a spin in Malibus car- what a noise! the car is now booked in. BTW the headers have arrived, i was watching the owner of lexus bearing the plates M3 Killa have his installed headers installed as well as a LSD - should be fun!

Went for a spin in Malibus car- what a noise! the car is now booked in. BTW the headers have arrived, i was watching the owner of lexus bearing the plates M3 Killa have his installed headers installed as well as a LSD - should be fun!

Yeah thanks bud, picked it up today , Goes like stink.! Apparently the LSD centres they ordered us were suited to IS350 as the Diff housing for the ISF is WAYYYY bigger ..

So only got the headers.! they sound horn!

Next step is to dyno it

Yeah thanks bud, picked it up today , Goes like stink.! Apparently the LSD centres they ordered us were suited to IS350 as the Diff housing for the ISF is WAYYYY bigger ..

Next step is to dyno it

So that is Headers with the already fitting JoeZ?

What was the price for the headers fitted?

Next step is to dyno it

Yeah , JoeZ, and headers, Also got the Icode intake and a Toms filter,.

Hope to Dyno it this week and will post a graph hopefully.

Price was $2800, Labour was bout 6 hours worth .

Its a bit loud, but you can def feel the extra power... i think once the ECU learns the G O then it might be a little better.

Am keen to find out if the NOVEL tune will work or will the ECU relearn over time.

These headers are def worth it if power is the main goal... if its your daily, then you may find it a bit loud, but after you see the factory headers, you will see why these headers make such a difference.!

Next step is to dyno it

Yeah , JoeZ, and headers, Also got the Icode intake and a Toms filter,.

Hope to Dyno it this week and will post a graph hopefully.

Price was $2800, Labour was bout 6 hours worth .

Its a bit loud, but you can def feel the extra power... i think once the ECU learns the G O then it might be a little better.

Am keen to find out if the NOVEL tune will work or will the ECU relearn over time.

These headers are def worth it if power is the main goal... if its your daily, then you may find it a bit loud, but after you see the factory headers, you will see why these headers make such a difference.!

No CATS?

Hi Richie! Just wanted to know if you ordered everything from Chatswood for $2800?

Yeah bud, $2800 was headers supplied and fitted. Which after feeling the extra power is a dead set bargain.!

I dont know what the Joez exhaust is worth from Chatswood, as i was one of the first to have it on my car in Australia... I imported/ fitted it myself.

Hi flo cats should reduce the noise if you're running no cats. But I suspect that if you are running cats and you change to hi flo units there would not be much difference in noise.