Need Exhaust Advice For An My11 Isf

@mans247

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My baby booked in for next Wednesday to get the headers installed. They need the car for 2 days.

Scott mentioned that the noise should be louder at idle with the headers installed but slighty louder than if you just had the joeZ and cold air intake. Just hope it really isn't that much louder. I find my current setup already quite loud for a daily drive :).

I hope I really do notice a difference in power though:)

• 2 weeks later...

Picked my car up on Thursday with the headers. Best move I made. Sure it's louder but the sound screams performance.

I can definitely feel acceleration improve.

The only thing I don't like are the stares you get from other cars due to the louder sound.

Picked my car up on Thursday with the headers. Best move I made. Sure it's louder but the sound screams performance.

The only thing I don't like are the stares you get from other cars due to the louder sound.

Have you found your fuel consumption is down.?

Picked mine up on Thursday too, but only with the Joe Z cat back. Still a massive difference, really makes you realise how quiet these cars are in factory trim and that most of the noise they make is induction noise (which you feel rather than hear after the upgrade).

Anyone with exhaust and headers want to take me for a spin so I can decide if I go the next step? :)

Have you found your fuel consumption is down.?

Funny you mention that. I have noticed that fuel consumption is better. Thought I was just imagining things. Is that one of the pros of getting the headers installed? Either way you get performance as well as better fuel consumption. Win win situation:)

• 4 weeks later...

Hey Guys,

Thank you all for your input - my issue is that Joey Z is 3k from Chatswood + install. When you can get ISS Forged system for $1700 + shipping (Another $470). The thing i like about the ISS Forged system is i can get rid of the fake quad tips as well (which i cant stand about the car)

They sound good too :

Malibu, where are you based mate, would love to hear your car I am in North Sydney.

Can you tell me who quoted you on the ISS forged system?

Hey Guys,

Thank you all for your input - my issue is that Joey Z is 3k from Chatswood + install. When you can get ISS Forged system for $1700 + shipping (Another $470). The thing i like about the ISS Forged system is i can get rid of the fake quad tips as well (which i cant stand about the car)

They sound good too :

Malibu, where are you based mate, would love to hear your car I am in North Sydney.

Can you tell me who quoted you on the ISS forged system?

I know it is not as cheap as importing and fitting yourself but to be honest that is not too bad, think about it $1,700 for the exhaust + $470 for freight + $50 to clear + 10% GST = $2,442.00 (landed) + Install and you have to think they need to make a little money. Oh yes I guess they might get a discount from the OEM supplier but still less than $600.00 to have installed at a Stealer is a given.

My 2c.

Plus if there are any issues it is Chatswood's issues. If you need to save the extra coin for something else import yourself but simplicity, piece of mind and a no worries situation it is not so big $600.00.

And I am the biggest tight ass out there always looking to save a buck but when you really add things up, there is not a super gap. You are not paying double the price landed (It's the freight that gets you).

I've said this before, I really don't agree on trying to save a few hundred dollars on a car of this value at the risk of voiding your warranty. If one small thing goes wrong and you have no warranty, your savings on the exhaust will disappear in a flash.

If a Lexus dealer does your exhaust, you still have your warranty.

My two bob.

Donald

an exhaust will not void a warranty unless it's directly related to the problem

ie (o2 sensors-Cat O2 sensors etc)

its not about saving money on joez (supplied by chatswood) and other exhaust

it's about different sounds and different taste on different exhaust set up

My opinion remains in that you have to be careful regarding the warranty. Hypothetically, you may experience some "rattling" issues internally which can easily be attributed to the new exhaust vibrations. In this case some dealers may not want to spend the time locating these or fixing them if they believe it was due to a third party fitment.

My impression of the post I was referencing is that it was mainly about the money, I agree if it's about different sound and tastes get what you want.

Maybe I'm just too wary about the warranty aspect, anyway each to their own and I hope you enjoy whatever you get, the ISS system does sound good.

Donald

I like the stock sound - it's my daily and don't want it too loud - would a set of headers only improve power? Otherwise what is the quietest exhaust?

Still deciding on which system to get. My car arrives in a couple of days and has a axle back Borla system - haven't heard it yet though. Think ill want something a little louder but not to loud for daily driving.

When I was looking at buying a new one the guys at Indooroopilly Lexus in Brisbane quoted me $5000 with ported manifold not sure if this included headers which seems a little excessive if it didn't, they claimed they import them from Lexus in the USA. I drove over and had a look underneath and its a Joe Z system!

How much should I expect to pay for Joe Z in OZ?

Thanks

My understanding is the Joe Z alone this is a CAT back system which only deletes the secondary CAT, leaving the primaries at the headers therefore leaving you emissions OK and legal. Db might be something else.

My opinion remains in that you have to be careful regarding the warranty. Hypothetically, you may experience some "rattling" issues internally which can easily be attributed to the new exhaust vibrations. In this case some dealers may not want to spend the time locating these or fixing them if they believe it was due to a third party fitment.

My impression of the post I was referencing is that it was mainly about the money, I agree if it's about different sound and tastes get what you want.

Maybe I'm just too wary about the warranty aspect, anyway each to their own and I hope you enjoy whatever you get, the ISS system does sound good.

Donald

indeed that is a problem when owning a 100K+ car

always worried about warranty due to the cost

but iv been fine with my dealer

i fitted all my exhaust and mods on my self

everytime theres a rattling issue they just fix it

Just fitted the Borla catback exhaust onto my ISF. So far, I'm extremely happy with it. I didn't want a loud exhaust so that I could keep the "luxury" feel of the ISF but I wanted something a bit more aggressive. There's absolutely no drone with this system, at low revs it is quiet but you do hear the V8 rumble a bit more than stock. But at high revs, it sounds aggressive and really has that nice note to it. It turns heads when you give it a bit of gas! I get that "wait, is that a Lexus but it doesn't sound like a Lexus" confused look from people, and quite a few thumbs ups.

I imported the exhaust from Vivid Racing in USA, took only 1 week to get here and for $1600 including shipping, it's quite a low risk option. I heard people who had fitment issues with the exhaust, but no issues with mine, it was easy to install and everything went in easily. It suits the dual character of the car well. I might post a sound clip up on YouTube this weekend.

However, it may not be aggressive or loud enough for everyone. The JoeZ is probably a better choice if you want something louder.

That sounds like a perfect compromise - great post. When I get an exhaust it'll definitely be a Borla... I wonder how much headers will impact the noise?

Does the Borla remove the secondary cats?

That sounds like a perfect compromise - great post. When I get an exhaust it'll definitely be a Borla... I wonder how much headers will impact the noise?

Does the Borla remove the secondary cats?

I believe so, this is the photo of the parts as they came out of the box. Note that the parts are not laid out in correct order - the X pipe should be first. That rectangular box is a resonator, I think? Also, the mufflers actually line up with the stock tips, which is another thing I like about it.

413292_10151302491196847_1244579920_o_zps177ca3f4.jpg