Hi all,

Thought it would be a good idea to have a pinned topic for this.. Don't know how many times of late i've wondered "how tha" does this come off!!! Here is a place that we can add our findings thus reducing those broken clips and overall nervous moments!!!

Here is a section that goes through the Head Light removal procedure...

Hey ProjectIS,

Do you have the rest of the manual document where this extract came from?

Toyota in the US have an online service to get these service manuals but you have to be a US resident to get them.

On a side note, when I changed the bulbs in my car, it wasn't a walk in the park as you had to remove a whole heap of stuff in order to get to the back housing.

Here is a section that goes through the Head Light removal procedure...

Hey ProjectIS,

Do you have the rest of the manual document where this extract came from?

Toyota in the US have an online service to get these service manuals but you have to be a US resident to get them.

On a side note, when I changed the bulbs in my car, it wasn't a walk in the park as you had to remove a whole heap of stuff in order to get to the back housing.

Hey Jomster,

Unfortunately not yet!! But don't worry boys and girls, I am on the mission!!!! :ph34r:

• 4 weeks later...

Just a quick "How To" in changing the interior lighting. I've opted for the LED look and have posted step by step for some interior lights. Most are very basic and just require a flat head screwdriver, your fingers and a bit of force.

FRONT DOME LIGHT:

Remove compartment where sunglass holder should be; place a small flat head into front corner push up and back and will fold down. Careful, the plastic is soft. There are two screws that require to be removed.

DSCN3761.jpgDSCN3762.jpg

Once screws are removed, hold the rear part of the light housing and pull down. There are two white plastic clips that will pop out. Once unclipped you can move this back and remove the unit.

DSCN3763.jpg

You need to access the bulbs from the rear and twist out the bulbs counter clockwise.

DSCN3764.jpgDSCN3765.jpg

Change the bulbs to your desired type and insert the bulb and twist clockwise to lock back into place. If they are not locked in they will not work. You should not need to remove the plastic cover.

REAR DOME LIGHT:

Insert the flat head screwdriver into the slot and force out. Careful, the plastic is soft. Change over the festoon bulbs and replace the cover.

DSCN3779.jpg

BOOT LIGHT:

Use the same flat head again, insert between light and boot lining near switch and pop out. Remove plastic cover and change festoon bulb. Replace cover and pop back into place.

DSCN3784.jpg

VISOR / MIRROR LIGHTS:

Insert flat head on LEFT side of light only and force down. Change bulb and replace.

DSCN3786-1.jpg

DSCN3774.jpgDSCN3775.jpg

EASY!

• 3 months later...
Just a quick "How To" in changing the interior lighting. I've opted for the LED look and have posted step by step for some interior lights. Most are very basic and just require a flat head screwdriver, your fingers and a bit of force.

I have tried getting off the Front Dome light to be able to change the bulbs without success. I have tried following these instructions and the plastic is very soft. The compartment below the lighting still wont come off. I've already started making some nasty marks on the plastic already :(

Yes, the plastic is very soft, and I also made a few marks trying to work out how it comes out. if you use a small nail file or similar, you should be able to get in deep enough to not damage the plastic and pry down. Keep trying and good luck with it.

FrankyX, Still no luck with getting the dome light out unfortunately. It does seem it flexes in the middle and I can see from your photo where the clips are.

I've been looking closer at yours pics. Do you happen to have a higher resolution of the first photo by any chance?

Have you removed the screws at the back? You first need to lower the part that looks like a sunglasses holder which folds down, remove the two black screws and then unclip from the front. I'm not sure what more I can tell you.

Have you removed the screws at the back? You first need to lower the part that looks like a sunglasses holder which folds down, remove the two black screws and then unclip from the front. I'm not sure what more I can tell you.

I haven't been able to reach the screws at the back. It's the lower sunglasses holder bit which I can't get to fold down or open. Using a small flat screw driver to wedge in between wouldn't pry the thing open.

Mine is an '08 model with the moon roof so I doubt they differ between other models. I'll try again possibility of a flat piece of metal other I might give up on this project :P Just want to fit brighter LEDS in them.

• 6 months later...

OK, here are the bulb types for the IS! Simply google the bulb type and you will get the associated pics. As know doubt all would agree, the easiest place to get the LED Equivs would be Ebay! (As much as I hate saying it)!!!

(Disclaimer... I cant take credit for laying all the types out as below.....Dude from CL did all the hard Yards) Although I did repost which does entitle me to some props!!!

Anyway....

These are the sizes/type of bulbs:

Low beam headlamp

H11-55W

High beam headlamp

Parking light

Front turn signal

992 (7440A)

Rear turn signal

Tail light

LED

Stop light

LED

High mount stop light

LED

Fog/Driving light

License plate

Back up light

Front sidemarker

Rear sidemarker

Glove box

Front Dome light(3 bulbs inside)

Rear Dome light (2 inside)

DE3175 also called "festoon" bulbs

Step/Courtesy light

Boot

DE3022

Hope this helps!!! ;)

• 10 months later...

Plz correct me if I'm wrong..

But I thought the Low Beam Headlight should be 35W not 55W(is for HighBeam)

Cheers,

Mario

• 6 years later...

Hi, I'm a noob here (recent purchase) and not sure if this is the right spot for a new 'how too..' since the last post was 6 years ago... Here goes anyhow.

2011 IS 350 Prestige with touch screen / sat nav system. I think 2011 is '2IS' for second gen (?) in this forum.

I'm trying to figure out how to keep the radio / accessories on when pushing the 'Engine Stop / Start' button, when stopping the engine after parking. At the moment, everything turns off whereas key ignition cars leave the radio on when turning the key one position back. Hitting the Engine button again for accessories means the system takes 10 secs to reboot so isn't convenient - usually it's an interesting story on the radio that might go on for a bit but you don't want to sit there with the engine idling unnecessarily, looking dodgey.

I searched for this topic but couldn't find a match so hopefully this hasn't been asked before and maybe it's a common gripe. Not sure if other push button ignition cars have the same inconvenience.

Thanks for having me aboard. Ahoy!

Stephen

• 1 year later...
On 10/22/2016 at 1:15 PM, Alexusander said:

Hi, I'm a noob here (recent purchase) and not sure if this is the right spot for a new 'how too..' since the last post was 6 years ago... Here goes anyhow.

2011 IS 350 Prestige with touch screen / sat nav system. I think 2011 is '2IS' for second gen (?) in this forum.

I'm trying to figure out how to keep the radio / accessories on when pushing the 'Engine Stop / Start' button, when stopping the engine after parking. At the moment, everything turns off whereas key ignition cars leave the radio on when turning the key one position back. Hitting the Engine button again for accessories means the system takes 10 secs to reboot so isn't convenient - usually it's an interesting story on the radio that might go on for a bit but you don't want to sit there with the engine idling unnecessarily, looking dodgey.

I searched for this topic but couldn't find a match so hopefully this hasn't been asked before and maybe it's a common gripe. Not sure if other push button ignition cars have the same inconvenience.

Thanks for having me aboard. Ahoy!

Stephen

Replying to my own thread - how sad.

Anyhoo, after two (2) years of owning my car, I found out that if you press the 'START/STOP' (when stopped) and the trans is in anything but P (park), the engine stops AND the radio / accessories stay ON, as I wanted.

Mind blown moment.

Then I checked the manual... and there it was.