Yes I'm in dubbo nsw and my car is just lowered with darkest legal tint. I'm trying to do everything legal but how can you when they make half the rules up them selves haha but yer ill lift it up a tad just to make sure

So I have been looking into lowering my IS350 F Sport, thanks to "quockies" I was looking at some BC's but they seem to be for IS250 so need to check it out a little more and I was also looking at some KW's. I have just been told the following: "There isn't a specific kit for your car, but the IS250 kit can be modified to fit. The modification to the stock top mounts is required to make it fit.

Does this sound right. Car is 3 months old don't want to stuff it! Thanks for all your input.

The site i posted was the first one that came up in google so if the coils are shipped from over seas, might be a bit expensive. Best to try to find a local supplier...

But at least you know the BR series coils are avl for IS350

• 1 month later...

Im wanting to eliminate the big wheel gap without compromising ride comfort much. Deciding between tein s.tech springs, road magnets or bc coilovers as most you guys are using not looking for a slammed look anymore as im tired of front lips scrapins and bottoming out.

my question is would the s.tech springs be the best option for comfort with a little drop or can the bc coilovers be more comfortable when on a soft setting?

Im wanting to eliminate the big wheel gap without compromising ride comfort much. Deciding between tein s.tech springs, road magnets or bc coilovers as most you guys are using not looking for a slammed look anymore as im tired of front lips scrapins and bottoming out.

my question is would the s.tech springs be the best option for comfort with a little drop or can the bc coilovers be more comfortable when on a soft setting?

I ended up getting Peddars Coil overs for my 2012 IS 350 F (after a lot of help from several members here on the forum....you know who you are....thanks again). Dropped 40m all round and have found the ride exactly the same as stock although the F Sport suspension is a little stiffer than the other models. Had it done for 2 weeks now and would do it again. The car handles a lot better. Couple of minor scraps from going over large speed bumps a bit too quick but that was me trying it out. Might get the dampers stiffened but again just me playing. Cost $2000 all up fitted with the ability to go back and get it raised or lowered again if not happy.

The only thing I would say is that it would look a little better if the front was lowered another 10mm but I am not prepared at this stage to make the changes in my driving habits (ie slow down) to support this lower stance.

Will try and post a couple of pictures a little later today when I have washed it!!

Hope the above helps and would recommend peddars at this stage.

I'm on KW V3, and it is extremely comfortable.. even at it's lowest height setting. But it does cost a lot more than the others out there.

Thanks guys really enjoying the better handling, faster cornering and the stance is certainly a lot better. Cheers guys and safe driving.

• 1 year later...

hi all, great thread but still a bit confused...

thinking about fitting s.tech springs for my is250 prestige, just put 18" rims on.

did anybody find that the wheels scrub?

also (sorry for amateur question), what are these spacers people talk about?

thanks in advance!

after speaking to my mechanic he was talking about that by simply replacing springs there is a risk of the spring rattling??

has anybody experienced this before?

thanks for all the help guys :)

hi all, great thread but still a bit confused...

thinking about fitting s.tech springs for my is250 prestige, just put 18" rims on.

did anybody find that the wheels scrub?

also (sorry for amateur question), what are these spacers people talk about?

thanks in advance!

hi man ill help you here LOL i went from 17' stockies to 18' bbs lms with +20 offset lowered with neomaxes before selling them

if you have 18' wheels depending on the offset and tyre sizes you could probably go really low (with rolled guards)

with springs you are able to cut them to the size that you want but later down the track you want to swap wheels you have to maybe get new springs for the fitment , coilovers are adjustable so if you want more low you just adjust it by hand or raise it LOL

or you can run airbags and raise car up and down via remote

oh spacers are pretty much metal hubs that help you push out your wheels to sit flush with your guard pretty much if you have a bad offset and want your tyres to be flush with the guard you get spacers to push them outwards but remember you got the right MM's or you will have poke

Thanks for your reply,

I'm not interested in dropping it on its belly, just a slight little reduction to go with the rims, tyres are 255/40 and 225/40 for the fronts

Rims are from lexus called black chrome - http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/18-BLACK-CHROME-ALLOY-WHEEL-SET-LEXUS-IS250-IS350-IS300H-2005-/131009452775?pt=AU_Car_Parts_Accessories&hash=item1e80c59ae7&_uhb=1

Looks like I'll lean towards the tein s tech from what people are saying... Has anyone with these noticed tyres scrubbing?

Thanks again for the help!

Thanks for your reply,

I'm not interested in dropping it on its belly, just a slight little reduction to go with the rims, tyres are 255/40 and 225/40 for the fronts

Rims are from lexus called black chrome - http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/18-BLACK-CHROME-ALLOY-WHEEL-SET-LEXUS-IS250-IS350-IS300H-2005-/131009452775?pt=AU_Car_Parts_Accessories&hash=item1e80c59ae7&_uhb=1

Looks like I'll lean towards the tein s tech from what people are saying... Has anyone with these noticed tyres scrubbing?

Thanks again for the help!

If these are standard Lexus wheels and offsets, you wont have any issues with scrubbing. I have coil overs in mine on stock 18" lexus wheels and I once had the car lowered where the guards were over the tyres, still had about 1 cm between the guard and tyre