Thanks for your reply.

Would you know if the height for BR Type RS Series be adjusted higher than your current ride height? It looks too aggressive to me. Doesn't say on their site the height range. was hoping to lower my rear by approx 1.5" and front 1".

Hey mate,

Yeah they can, I left my coils as they were shipped to me however I can wind them up a inch or lower them about another 3/4 inch. This would be the same with the BR Type as well

Cheers

Q

Thanks. Will call them tomorrow to enquire about shipping.

Well today i swapped low and slow to not so low comfort and cornering performance.

I removed my not so street coilovers for a set of tein S techs PLUS cosco rear sway bar PLUS F Sport front sway bar.....

Well what an awesome setup!!! comfort driving for normal driving. Then when you want a bit of spirited driving the sway bars kick in awesome stability. The only problem now is my rear tire quality haha!! but also a bit of "fun" with worn hard rear tires!! if you know what i mean!!

Well today i swapped low and slow to not so low comfort and cornering performance.

I removed my not so street coilovers for a set of tein S techs PLUS cosco rear sway bar PLUS F Sport front sway bar.....

Well what an awesome setup!!! comfort driving for normal driving. Then when you want a bit of spirited driving the sway bars kick in awesome stability. The only problem now is my rear tire quality haha!! but also a bit of "fun" with worn hard rear tires!! if you know what i mean!!

Updated pics on how she looks?

Updated pics on how she looks?

Pics soon guys. I changed them basically because i can and wanted to try something different.. A snappy member has already bought the coils.

Front sway bar is a massive need on the IS250. Far too soft from factory. Rear replacement is nearly useless though in a RWD.

I found a use. Sliding around corners side ways more easily. Lol. (Not great tires plus rear sway equals a bit of fun)

thanks just need to get it lifted about 20mm at the front i know it looks mad but the lowest part under the car is like 85mm so i dont know if it is legal ? anyone know?

85mm not legal. But if you get defected (only really likely if you drive like a hoon/draw attention to yourself), it's easy enough to fix/clear.

If it's not scrubbing, uncomfortable or becoming unmanageably low, I'd leave it :)

100mm isnt that important anymore. There is also a rule. Unsure of the details. Your suspension must have i think its 50% travel of the wheel to hub distance or some shit. So if you jack your car up and it doesnt have sufficient travel (whatever the number) its also a defect.

When I was living in Adelaide and getting defected every 2-4 months, I would always get defected for ride hight. They always measured from the centre of the wheel to the fender and then look up what in some book on what it should be.

I know I fail the coke can test but I dont drive like a hoon.... (maybe once in a while when there are no cars around) =)

20130113_223149.jpg

Its a quiet day here at work so here are the VIC Roads's 'Guide to Modifications for Motor Vehicles'

13. Tyres, Rims, Suspension and Steering

13.1 Introduction

- Lowering or raising the ride height of a vehicle by altering its suspebnsion will alter the amount of suspension travel. For example, lowering a vehicle by, say, fitting shorter springs will reduce the amount of available suspension travel in the "bump' or upward direction.

13.2 VBS 14 Modification Code LS

The following modifications may be performed without certification provided they are carried out in accordance with Subsection 2 General Requirements and Subsection 4 Basic Modification without Certification of Section LS:

- tyre and rim substitution carried out within the limits specified

- lowering and raising suspensions (by not more than one third of the original suspension travel in either direction provided the overall ride height is not increased or decreased by more than 50mm from the manufactures specification)

- shock absorber substitution

- spring and sway bar substitution

You're in NSW I believe? If so, I think you'll be ok for a while as long as you're not attracting attention. Can't speak for Adelaide or Melbourne of course. One reason I'll likely never move down south of Sydney/NSW is simply because my other cars won't last a month down there & are too far modifed to pass without a huge amount of work (350rwkw stroked MR2 turbo & single turbo mild port FD RX7).

Totally upto you though. But since you're on your P's, probably a good idea as you're automatically watched closely.

I pop around to my uncles once every few weeks and he's a VIC Po Po..... Told me as long as I dont act like a hoon/douche on the roads, ill be okay but that would also depend on the po po... if s/he is a rookie, then thats another story....

My car is just lowered and in the process of putting some new wheels on it... no loud exhuast, sound system, bodykits etc