• 2 weeks later...

ok so finally got around to taking some photos after the springs have settled and my new euro plates arrived in time also so pretty happy!

now for the re-alignment and to enjoy! :)

thanks again for all the help guys!

IMG_3563.jpg

Looks nice mate - another 1/2 - 1 inch lower would look even better :ph34r::blink: :)

If you havent gotten a place to get your wheel alignment done and your in the east side,I get my wheel alignment by Tyrepower Camberwell (468 Burwood Road Hawthorn). I know the owner Sam and he really looks after his customers. They guys spent quite a bit of time making sure my alignment is as straight as possible.

haha thanks dude!

photo's don't really do the justice for the drop, i do like it plus it's my daily and do quite a lot of km so didn't want to worry about scrubbing etc...

regarding alignment, i got a price from trutrack suspension also in north melbourne who wanted 175 for alignment of all 4, camber etc etc... is that a bit overkill or something to prolong the tryes? (got another quote for $45 from mag wheel and tyre)

happy to pay the extra if there's the value but not giving in to marketing...

what is everyone's thoughts?

What did you get installed btw... springs only or full coil overs?

Im pretty sure you cant adjust the camber (unless you have a camber kit) so that would be a over kill - just the caster and toe. There is about 1/2 a inch between the guards and tyre front and back on my car and i have about -1.3 degree camber.

$45 bucks is pretty cheap, just make sure they do a proper job and get a print out of the before and after adjustment. I went to beaurepairs in footscray, they spent 15 mins and charged me $60 (i dont think they did a proper job) so i took it to tyrepower and the boys spent about 30-40 mins getting it right for me.

had a eibach pro kit installed

mag wheel and tyre did give a print out with diagram and pretty pictures... the way trutrack was explaining seemed he'd spent an hour on it, and bring it back in after 3 months for a free check up etc

might just do it properly, if anything it's tax deductible at the end of the day! :)

thanks again guys!

• 4 weeks later...

Hey guys, need a bit of help. I've been umming and ahhing about springs ever since i got the damn car but financial reasons and the fact i live with a steep driveway and constantly take a full load of passengers made me always question it... But want to know what's going to give me a reasonable drop without me scrubbing on my current set up taking into account potential full passengers etc..

I have the ISF style wheels staggered fitment 19x8F and 19x8.5R with 235/35F and 255/35R tyres. I currently already get a little bit of scrub on the inner front wall guard when I turn the wheel about one full turn. Just worried that a bigger drop could be a problem. Which springs will suit me best?

Hey guys, need a bit of help. I've been umming and ahhing about springs ever since i got the damn car but financial reasons and the fact i live with a steep driveway and constantly take a full load of passengers made me always question it... But want to know what's going to give me a reasonable drop without me scrubbing on my current set up taking into account potential full passengers etc..

I have the ISF style wheels staggered fitment 19x8F and 19x8.5R with 235/35F and 255/35R tyres. I currently already get a little bit of scrub on the inner front wall guard when I turn the wheel about one full turn. Just worried that a bigger drop could be a problem. Which springs will suit me best?

hi mate have you ever though about buying coilovers? their height adjustable and much more comfortable to drive

• 4 months later...

Hi Everyone,

I have a set of front and rear shocks and springs from Run out 2011 IS250 (prestige), pulled them out and replaced with KW coilovers January 2012. Have been in my shed since then laying on their sides. Usage about 100 Kilometres before I dropped the Kw's in.

Are they still of any use and any idea of value to sell?

thanks

Alex

• 1 month later...

Hi Everyone,

I have a set of front and rear shocks and springs from Run out 2011 IS250 (prestige), pulled them out and replaced with KW coilovers January 2012. Have been in my shed since then laying on their sides. Usage about 100 Kilometres before I dropped the Kw's in.

Are they still of any use and any idea of value to sell?

thanks

Alex

Hi Alex, I just PM you about your stock suspension.

• 8 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Hey Guys,

Hoping someone can help me here. 

Its time for me to sell my IS and i want to put it back to stock and remove the coil overs. The issue I'm facing is with the front shocks, the stock shocks are longer than the BC Racing coil overs I have. Not sure how I got them out int he first place but I guess because they were in use, they were a bit compressed. Since they have been storage for the past 3 years, they have expanded to the maximum length. 

I've disconnected the A arm at the top as well as the front sway bar links, pushed the lower control arm as far as possible however I still need another inch to slide the stock shocks back in. 

I haven't started on the rears but that should be easier as i can drop the lower control arm, bolt the shock back in and use a jack under the LCA to push it back up.

Any suggestions guys

Thanking you in advance!!

Cheers

Quoc

• 2 months later...
  • 10 months later...
2 hours ago, SlenderKen said:

Does anybody know if http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/232200720251 (HKS Suspension for IS250) will fit on an IS250C?

With that amount of money, I would recommend you to get MCA coilovers. Australian company and made. Valved for Australian roads, local support and a high quality product.

On 1/29/2017 at 2:42 PM, iinkz said:

With that amount of money, I would recommend you to get MCA coilovers. Australian company and made. Valved for Australian roads, local support and a high quality product.

I will look into it, although I am based in California, USA xD.  Thank you for responding to a dead thread haha.

• 1 year later...

Hello, I was wondering if coil overs for the is250 fit on the is250c, and if not does anyone have a link that I can use to purchase coil overs for my is250c. Also does it matter when the coil overs state whether it is an AWD car or a RWD, and I think my car is a FWD (year of car: 2010).

58 minutes ago, Tonono said:

Hello, I was wondering if coil overs for the is250 fit on the is250c, and if not does anyone have a link that I can use to purchase coil overs for my is250c. Also does it matter when the coil overs state whether it is an AWD car or a RWD, and I think my car is a FWD (year of car: 2010).

Hi Tonono & everyone else.

I have Tein H.Tech coilovers and Tokico Blue HP suspension available for sale. Used for approx then taken off to part out and prepare car for sale.

I believe these should be suitable for IS250C also. Even the facelift IS250 suspension works for previous generation.

Toyota don't make too many extensive changes between years unless it is an all new generation platform which for the IS was some years after your 2010 car.

see my sale thread: https://au.lexusownersclub.com/forums/topic/11874-fs-tein-h-tech-springs-tokico-hp-shocks/?tab=comments#comment-41485