Hey Guys,

At the Dyno Day last weekend i purchased an Auto mirror closer from ASHPOINT,

The kit is awesomely simple and took me about an hour to install. What it does is automatically folds the mirrors when you lock the car in any way. Then when you unlock it, the mirrors open to their normal position!!

It comes with step by step instructions and relatively easy to install. (all you need is a soldering iron and a set of wire cutters)

You also have the option of not folding them by pressing unlock - lock within 1 second. and also the other way around if you wish to leave them closed when you approach the locked car (Lock unlock within 1 second. note: they then open upon ignition starting.)

Thanks Michael for the awesome opportunity to purchase one of these the transaction was awesome and instructions made it simple...

Contact Michael HERE for your questions and or purchase enquiries. Also Check out This thread in "BUY AND SELL" for addition info.

Here are some videos of what it does.

Ahh, someone beat me to it. I grabbed a copy of the wiring diagram a while back and figured out how to get this happening, but never built anything. Great to see someone worked on it.

Oh yeh I was supposed to road test it for Michael, here goes:

I got it installed by a mechanic/electrician as I lacked the tools(It cost me $150)required was soldering iron, screwdriver (pop the panels), wire strippers/crimpers (or in my case razor), stanley knife (remove existing tape), ratchet, electrical tape and double sided tape

The unit felt sturdy and solid although the epoxy used to seal the wires seemed tacky.

I am not too sure the material of the wire but it definitely was not copper like those used in the Lexus.

The actual installation went without a hitch, it took an hour and a half to complete. This included going through the installation manual as well as making sure everything worked throughout the process.

Taking out the panels was easy and self explainatory. (screwdriver, ratchet) Have to remove courtesy light connector as well as door lock mechanism (don't think instruction mentioned that)

In our models, the connector is white and not the black one used overseas.

I put the control box in a little pocket just right next to where the power window switch is located (double sided tape used)

So far few weeks in and works good.

Oh yeh I was supposed to road test it for Michael, here goes:

I got it installed by a mechanic/electrician as I lacked the tools(It cost me $150)required was soldering iron, screwdriver (pop the panels), wire strippers/crimpers (or in my case razor), stanley knife (remove existing tape), ratchet, electrical tape and double sided tape

The unit felt sturdy and solid although the epoxy used to seal the wires seemed tacky.

I am not too sure the material of the wire but it definitely was not copper like those used in the Lexus.

The actual installation went without a hitch, it took an hour and a half to complete. This included going through the installation manual as well as making sure everything worked throughout the process.

Taking out the panels was easy and self explainatory. (screwdriver, ratchet) Have to remove courtesy light connector as well as door lock mechanism (don't think instruction mentioned that)

In our models, the connector is white and not the black one used overseas.

I put the control box in a little pocket just right next to where the power window switch is located (double sided tape used)

So far few weeks in and works good.

Its not entirely necessary to remove lock mechanism cables or the courtest lamp. It gives u more room though if you wish.

All cables are copper but may have an anti corrosion in the sheath as some do to prevent water and electrical corrosion. This maybe what made it feel funny.

In the instructions on page 4 it states the two different types of plugs plug A may be.

But i agree with cocconut. Quite simple and easy to install. I can help ppl install it if you wish just send me a pm.

Hi all,

I now have a fresh shipment from Bangkok and am ready to ship kits out.

This new production has a much simpler installation process which now does not involve cutting any wires. You do have to splice some wires (subtle distinction). I think that you will find this to be a much quicker installation process.

The new production has also eliminated the connector for an external speaker which was never used for installations in the Lexus. (Explanation: The same kit can be used for other Japanese production cars and the speaker connection was added for vans where they don't have provision for sound.)

The best way to proceed is to follow these instructions:

Send me a personal mail detailing your mailing address and your e-mail address.

I will send you an invoice

Upon receipt of your payment I will send you the kit(s) by Australia Post overnight bag.

For those of you who have already installed your kits and are offering to help others, be aware that there is a slightly different installation process and if you wish to have the new installation manual please see the attachment.

EDITED TO ATTACH Rev:05 of installation instructions (explains use of the T-quick harness now being supplied)

Best regards,

Michael

ENG_Po-40_RCM_Lexus_is250_05.pdf

Edited by Ashpoint

I just ordered one off Michael and if it operates as efficiently as he communicates I will be very very happy (and based on the review by LEX51S it will).

I sent Michael a couple of PM's throughout the day and finally ordered one around 4pm - well he has already posted it so I should get it tomorrow or Friday - great service. I also had a couple of questions which he sent off to his supplier in Hong Kong and came back with the answers tonight !!! :D :D

Forgive me <blush> if I ignore the previous message!

TOYOTA CAMRY:

The Po-40 kit also works with the Canry (2007 - 2011) but I haven't tested it. (BTW, it also works on many Japanes cars eg: Holden Cruise). I figure some Lexus owner might also have a Camry within their family.

I'm happy to donate a kit to a Camry owner on the following (broad) conditions:

You are located within the greater Sydney suburban area and are prepared to meet at Rose Bay.

You are able to do the installation sooner rather than later.

You follow the Installation Instructions OR (preferred) come over to Rose Bay (near Bondi) at a convenient time for us to do the install for you.

We wish to verify the newly translated (English) Installation Guide.

We want to verify the colours of connectors, wires, etc (which did change with the Lexus kit).

And finally, we wish to know it works!

Please PM me with details of your Camry and list your contact phone number so we can discuss the logistics.

Hi guys

First time posting here :)

Keep up the good work. Great forum and very informative!

This Kit looks great. I was just wondering, would installing this void any car warranty? (I bought my IS250 from Lexus dealer and still have a year or so on the warranty).

Thanks!

Hi guys

First time posting here :)

Keep up the good work. Great forum and very informative!

This Kit looks great. I was just wondering, would installing this void any car warranty? (I bought my IS250 from Lexus dealer and still have a year or so on the warranty).

Thanks!

I suppose the absolute answer is YES. However the dealer would be on shakey ground if the device has nothing to do with the warranty fault.

Some members seem close to dealers and they would give a better answer than me.

I did mine today thanks to Michael from Ashpoint (0418 229 934)

I didnt think that i was capable of installing this kit by myself but with the motivation and easy step-by-step instructions from Michael, I did it!

The kit works right away, done it in about an hour (not bad for a beginner like me), I would HIGHLY RECOMMEND for anyone who wish to get theirs done!!

• 2 weeks later...

UPDATE FOR 2009/2010 IS250/350 Mirror kits.

I want to thank the several members who have discovered that the vehicle wiring loom for their mirrors has been changed for the 2009/2010 models. These new versions can be easily determined because the mirror switches are illuminated when the dash lights are on. Also CONNECTORs A and B are different to older models.

We were taken by surprise and did not have an instruction manual for the new wiring harness.

I was fortunate that GMS Spares (02 9774 5184) were wrecking a late model IS250/350 car and I purchased the switch assembly for study.

The technician in Bangkok now has the switch and he will be supplying an installation manual for those patiently waiting for it. He did say "a few days!"

To those enthusiasts with the affected models - thanks for being so patient - I will rush the new installation manual to you ASAP.

The actual cntrol module fits many cars (eg Honda)- the only change is the accompanying wiring harness.

The important issue is if the vehcle is known to them in Bangkok as a Kluger (or if that name is an Aussie invention).

I'll check with Bangkok if they have devised a wiring harness.

It's known as a Highlander overseas. The first generation had a lot in common with the Camry and the Lexus RX, although it's difficult to tell how similar they are nowadays - especially the wiring harnesses.

Thanks!

The manufacturer in Bangkok says there are a few Klugers in Thailand (imported from Japan). He has never done an install into a Kluger but he doesn't think it is different from other Toyota vehicles when it comes to the mirrror kit.

If Lexus Nurd (or whoever is interested) can advise us the style of connector under the mirror switches (9 or 16 pins) the manuafacturer in Bangkok is sure he can devise an Installation Manual for the car. Pictures of the conector(s) could also be of interest.

BTW, for those of you who are interested, he now has Installation kits for some Honda models (Jazz , Fit , Civic ES , Civic FD , CR-V G3) and some Susuki models(Swift , SX4). As I said before, the control module itself remains the same for all cars - it's just the connection wiring harness that changes!

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Hi Michael,

Just a quick word of thanks for the kit. Bought it at the end of Nov and installed just before my first daughter was born early Dec. The kit was easy to installed and my wife love it .... no more question about locking the door or closing mirror in car park ... happy wife happy life .. Cheers.

• 1 month later...

Just installed the kit last night. Very happy!

I bought the kit in December last year - but had to go overseas so couldn't install it then. Last night, took me just over an hour to complete the installation. The hardest part was trying to remove the inner door panels. I couldn't do it (was too scared I was going to snap something) - but in the end, I did the installation without completely removing the panels. :) (I had to extend the wire from the kit though, as it wasn't long enough for me). All I did was removed one section of the door panel and unclipped the wire harness that goes to the door handle sensor. Pulled that out and then worked with it.

Worked first time! The only odd thing was, after installation, the driver window wouldn't "auto" up/down for me. I had to keep pressing the button until the window was fully up/down. I just played around with it a while (going up/down a few times) and then the "auto" kicked in. It's back to normal again.

That's 2 mods to the car so far:

1. Replaced all lights with white LEDs

2. Auto mirror open/close

I know.... these are simple ones, but that's all I'm capable of :)

Next up, I think HIDs

Anyway, just wanted to let everyone know how easy this kit was to install.

Thanks Michael!

Cheers

Thanks James_N - I remember the transaction even that long ago.

The removal of the door trim IS an issue because the fit is really tight. A short while ago, one of the European enthusiasts sent me a map of the clips used to fit the door liner in place. Now, knowing where the clips are makes it easier to get the liner off.

Additionaly, I devised a hand tool which also works.

I'll attach the files for the interest of readers.

Regarding the window action, I've not seen that before and am pleased it has settled to normal.

I wil ask the technical guys about the phenomenon.

Cheers,

Michael

DoorTool(Scrap_Plastic).pdf

Lexus_DoorClips.pdf

Here's the "word" regarding the issue with the Auto Windows action (with some minor grammar fixes):

if you remove your battery for a long time, your windows will be reset and not work in automatic up/down mode.

You can notice that on the door where the automatic up/down function was reset...

--> the green led in the windows switch will blink. (you have to look the green led status in the window switch for each door)

So ,when the customer (James_L) removed the connector of the windows master switch for a long time during the installation

--> no power was sent to the windows master switch , it's the same as if you removed the battery for a long time (some cars reset in 1 one minute , some cars 5 minutes, some cars 15 minutes, etc)

This is the procedure to set the windows back to automatic Up/Down function.

1. Turn the ignition switch to ON position

2. Go to the door where the LED in window switch is blinking

3. Hold the window switch DOWN and wait until the window move completely down and continue to hold the switch in DOWN position for 6 seconds.

4. Release the window switch

5. Hold the window switch Up and wait until the window moves completely up and continue to hold the switch in the Up position 6 seconds.

6. Release the window switch

Now you should see the LED in the window switch does not blink --> this window has been set back to automatic Up/Down function.

• 1 month later...

I recently purchased an auto mirror closer from Ashpoint for our Lexus IS250SL ( 2006 ). With this vehicle I had to use the universal loom which is the more complex installation but with the instructions and communication provided, it was still an easy task.

Installation time was around 1.5hr not rushing

I found the communication with Michael excellent and the delivery time of the product exceeded expectations.

Anyone considering this mod, I would highly recommend as it is chep and easy to install. The loom and module are of high quality not like typical chinese crap.

Being a Mechanic/Auto elec by trade I would be more than happy to carry out installations for people in SA.

Thankyou Michael for a pleasant and informative transaction.