Aftermarket Wheels - Post Your Set-up!

Hey all!

Don't know if this topic was posted earlier and died an early death or not, but I was hoping that we could start posting some pics of our setups!

This would help me as I am still in the process of sourcing the right wheel but the usual story, "Sorry, no fitment for the Lexus"!!

I was about to purchase the WORK VR T1S wheels, but can not find anyone in Au that was the distributor. Found a mob in NZ and they would make them up with the correct off-sets for about $4K . (This includes shipping)

But unlike many of you that I see deal alot with buying from overseas, Im abit worried buying sight unseen. Especially not knowing in this case if they got the off-set right! Hence, I am still checking out my options before I cave into temptation!

What do yall have??

(I would post my car as a starter but we all know what stockers look like)!!!!

post-2635-1218426729_thumb.jpg

• Replies 191
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

projectis, seems like its just me and you on this forum, :-)

i've got BSA at the moment, until i get my new wheels. They look good at the front but the offset isn't right at the back so it doesn't fill the guards properly, hence the sale. Not a very good pic but only one i had on my computer and i'm too lazy to run downstairs and take a pic.

also posted a pic of my new wheels which i should see this friday, :-) These are the proper offsets should look good. Won't be to all tastes but i have a thing for having the calipers in sight!

will post new pics once they're on the car

post-2533-1218444880_thumb.jpg

post-2533-1218444888_thumb.jpg

new wheels......

post-2533-1218445093_thumb.jpg

post-2533-1218445100_thumb.jpg

i've got BSA at the moment, until i get my new wheels. They look good at the front but the offset isn't right at the back so it doesn't fill the guards properly, hence the sale. Not a very good pic but only one i had on my computer and i'm too lazy to run downstairs and take a pic.

also posted a pic of my new wheels which i should see this friday, :-) These are the proper offsets should look good. Won't be to all tastes but i have a thing for having the calipers in sight!

new wheels......

Knew I could count on you to officially continue the post cevu!

What can i say, I like the look!!!

Must say though, " you know you gonna have to go with some stop on a dime type calipers and perhaps some nice cross drilled rotors to complete the look"!!!

6 pot Brembos perhaps!!!

What size you going with?? 19's?

oh yeah,

projecis,

i've seen those wheels you're after somewhere for 2500 in australia, just can't remember where though

if i come across it again i'll let you know!

Please do!!

I saw a few on CL that had them on and thought that they were pretty cool. One of the cars had 20's and that looked unreal!!The fact that it was dropped LOW did help the look some what!!

Hence, not that im going with the 20's, I thought that they were the one.

Again, please let us know if you come across them again!

new wheels......

Cevu

I do like the Nova's. Make sure you do post some pics when you get them installed. who's supplying and installing?

I also have the black on black combo, and get sick of cleaning the 10 spoke wheels. They look good but are a Bugga to clean :blink:

ProjectIS,

Give Leo @ JDMConcept a buzz, or send him an email. I've bought parts from him before, and hes a nice guy.

sales@jdmconcept.com.au

He is an authorised dealer for Work Wheels in Australia. I know he has the XT7, XD9 and CR KAI in stock, but thats probably about it. I'm sure he can order in a set of VR T1S for you.

Cheers

ProjectIS,

Give Leo @ JDMConcept a buzz, or send him an email. I've bought parts from him before, and hes a nice guy.

sales@jdmconcept.com.au

He is an authorised dealer for Work Wheels in Australia. I know he has the XT7, XD9 and CR KAI in stock, but thats probably about it. I'm sure he can order in a set of VR T1S for you.

Cheers

Thanks for the contact! Its always easier when you have a name to deal with!

I did see that he had the WORK gear on Ebay and I didn't even think of getting in contact to ask if they could be ordered in!!

Thanks again!!

i've got black on black coz i'm sick of the brake dust on the stock wheels, gets dirty too quick! with what i've got now i just give the machined face a quick wipe and looks good again. You can't really see the brake dust on the black part of the wheel.

With the new wheels it'll be even less work coz the whole wheels almost black. :-)

Picking up the wheels direct from a company out in hoxton park, can't remember the name but it set me back $750.00, which personally, i thought was a bargain.

Wheels are on a +45 offset which is the exact same spec as sports 18" on the front and will come out just a tiny bit more at the back as OEM's are +50 at the back.

Hi cevu,

+50 on the rears?? Have you double checked that? What size are you going with?? Just concerned!!

Gotta say, bargain alright! They look cool! Do they have their range on display at the Hoxton park place?

Did you consider the Brembo idea??

Just Googled the PDW's , not bad!!

Hi cevu,

+50 on the rears?? Have you double checked that? What size are you going with?? Just concerned!!

Gotta say, bargain alright! They look cool! Do they have their range on display at the Hoxton park place?

Did you consider the Brembo idea??

Just Googled the PDW's , not bad!!

thats the information i was given from Lexus Chatswood Parts Department, so it must be right. although i was given the same info from the wheel place as well.

i haven't actually been to them. i got there details from my mechanic and just gave them a call with the details for the wheel and they ordered them in.

i got a call today to let me know they're in but i have to wait until thursday for payday, haha...... :-)

yeah, i was thinking about the brembo idea but holding out on doing too much mods as i have heard Lexus Australia are seriously considering bringing in the IS350 to bridge the $50K or so gap between the IS250 Luxury Sports & Lexus IS-F. i would much rather do my mods on that car as it is a better car to build on.

fyi - Lexus has already confirmed the IS Coupe & Convertible for sale late next year. Not sure if they're building it off the 250 or 350 engine though but they are definitely coming!

IS.jpg

heres mine..

Hey ilv1004,

Very nice!

Are they the G-max's?

You pulled them off great! I initially looked at some close to them, but I think my grey is too dark for em where as your silver sets em off!!

ProjectIs

Ps. Are they 18's??

Here's mine,

Lexus IS250 Sport Luxury.

1. 19" Volk Racing GTM in Custom Mercury Silver f 19x35x235 r 19x30x265

2. Kics Project R40 Titanium Lug Nuts

3. GPS and DVD Hacked.

volkgtm.jpg

Sorry bout the quality photo (taken using iphone in the shop.)

future mods:

1. Tein CS Coilover + EDFC

2. Auto Coulture Front Lip (JDM)

3. Tom's Rear and side kit.

4. F-Sport Air intake

5. Tanabe Medallion Touring

will post when i finish the project.

Here's mine,

3. GPS and DVD Hacked.

volkgtm.jpg

future mods:

4. F-Sport Air intake

What can I say, looks great!!! 19's as well! Gotta drop though! ;)

What impresses me more, Ya future mods. Gotta love the Tein coil overs and the fact that you complete the setup with the damper control!! Brilliant! You have to keep me in the loop with this!! Pleeeeaaaseee!! As many details as possible as far as the suspension goes!

ProjectIS

Thanks! Yeah sure ill keep u updated. I had the EDFC from my Mono Flex for S2000 so all i need now is to buy the CS coilover and EDFC Motor for IS250.

Im in desperate of getting the drop and im still waiting for the VR wheel cap from my reseller (he run out of wheel cap...)

Here's mine,

3. GPS and DVD Hacked.

volkgtm.jpg

future mods:

4. F-Sport Air intake

What can I say, looks great!!! 19's as well! Gotta drop though! ;)

What impresses me more, Ya future mods. Gotta love the Tein coil overs and the fact that you complete the setup with the damper control!! Brilliant! You have to keep me in the loop with this!! Pleeeeaaaseee!! As many details as possible as far as the suspension goes!

ProjectIS

Cevu,

Were you not picking up your new wheels yesterday???

Where the pics brother???

Guys, surely there are more of you in our community that have aftermarket wheels on.

Lets keep this topic as a reference. KEEP POSTING YOUR PICS!!! :huh:

I just placed an order for Tein Comfort Sport (apparently the IS250 EDFC motor is the same as S2000 so i will be using my old EDFC from S2000) and i got mine for $2100 i think its pretty cheap some other place claim $2500 and fulcrum (official AU Tein reseller) for $3200...

the sad news is that i have to wait for 4 weeks to get them from japan :( cant wait that long..

The rims offsets F 19x35x235 8.5 +42 F 19x30x265 9.5 +43

With my offset u will only get deep dish on rear, the front pretty much no dish but planning to get endless caliper kit sometime in the future (it wont fit if i chose the dish)

i will take some pic of the rear soon :)

ive seen few IS250 but they all pretty much stock, and i believe its due to ppl are scared doing any mods might dishonored the factory warranty.

These are the babies, yeh......

Tein CS raceinspired.com

What prices have you found in Au?

With the 265's @ the rear, what off-set did you go with? Do you reakon you could post a rear view pic of the car?

I just placed an order for Tein Comfort Sport (apparently the IS250 EDFC motor is the same as S2000 so i will be using my old EDFC from S2000) and i got mine for $2100 i think its pretty cheap some other place claim $2500 and fulcrum (official AU Tein reseller) for $3200...

the sad news is that i have to wait for 4 weeks to get them from japan :( cant wait that long..

With my offset u will only get deep dish on rear, the front pretty much no dish but planning to get endless caliper kit sometime in the future (it wont fit if i chose the dish)

ive seen few IS250 but they all pretty much stock, and i believe its due to ppl are scared doing any mods might dishonored the factory warranty.

Tein CS raceinspired.com

With the 265's @ the rear, what off-set did you go with? Do you reakon you could post a rear view pic of the car?

From what I have researched thus far, that is a damn good price! How much U paying for shipping?

Are you going to fit em or have you got some one??

Again, anytime anyone mentions the warranty factor, yeah im one of those that falls into it. The only reason why is that I've got the 08' build and yes, still 4 years to go! Not that its going to stop me regarding the drop though! As we all probably would agree, its a must especially when you go with the non oem looking wheels!! (ie. any ones that have a dish and not full faced)!!

See, Im curious to see how your rears fill the guards. Thats the reason im still tossing up between the dished WORK VR T1S's and the full faced Enkei FS-01's

Oh yes, the question is out to all of ya'll yet again. Anyone have either of these wheels on their cars???

post-2635-1218959983_thumb.jpg

That wheel looks like HSV wheel :)

well $2100 included shipping coz i got the from local site :)

The rear wheel just tucked in nicely.. u can always play around with offsets to get wider rim and tyre.

Im getting some one to fit them for me :) i recommend Top One in Arncliffe ! the owner name is Dedi and hes awsome with Tein stuff :)

Tein CS raceinspired.com

From what I have researched thus far, that is a damn good price! How much U paying for shipping?

Are you going to fit em or have you got some one??

Again, anytime anyone mentions the warranty factor, yeah im one of those that falls into it. The only reason why is that I've got the 08' build and yes, still 4 years to go! Not that its going to stop me regarding the drop though! As we all probably would agree, its a must especially when you go with the non oem looking wheels!! (ie. any ones that have a dish and not full faced)!!

See, Im curious to see how your rears fill the guards. Thats the reason im still tossing up between the dished WORK VR T1S's and the full faced Enkei FS-01's

Oh yes, the question is out to all of ya'll yet again. Anyone have either of these wheels on their cars???