Aftermarket Wheels - Post Your Set-up!

Boy the offset on those wheels it disturbingly wrong (waaaay too low), and illegal as the wheel protrudes outside of the bodywork.

I do love the look of the Varianza tho... sexy wheels.

• Replies 191
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

First and foremost, I love, and have always loved the Work Varianza's..........Awesome wheel on the IS! Gotta agree with Atlantis though, off-set is way wrong!!!!. (Its an IS250, not a SLR torana with flared out guards)....True baller is lip to guard, not half a wheel out! Man, you are going to need a crazy amount of camber to fit under.......Not on in my opinion but props for trying!!!

Boy the offset on those wheels it disturbingly wrong (waaaay too low), and illegal as the wheel protrudes outside of the bodywork.

I do love the look of the Varianza tho... sexy wheels.

Disturbing wrong to who? everyone has their own opinion, i havent got my new coilovers installed yet, so camber will pull in the tops of the wheels, rim may stick out a tad but u cant beat the baller agressive jap offset look B) illgal... meh i got a 500hp 2jz s13 silvia in my garage, i cruise in it, race it, slide it.. it has no muffs, slammed on the deck so a little wheel poke on the is250 isnt going to worry me. worse case scenario ill do a bit of a flare on the guards.

First and foremost, I love, and have always loved the Work Varianza's..........Awesome wheel on the IS! Gotta agree with Atlantis though, off-set is way wrong!!!!. (Its an IS250, not a SLR torana with flared out guards)....True baller is lip to guard, not half a wheel out! Man, you are going to need a crazy amount of camber to fit under.......Not on in my opinion but props for trying!!!

I dont see any 'SLR' style bolt on flares lol true baller is lip outof gaurd like this

1250223074.jpg

1250223014.jpg

1250223099.jpg

this is a 19x10+19.. those varianza's i have on are a 20x10 +18 (1mm more out) so how does that look wrong?

fronts will stick out 15mm more than this pic below, so camber will tuck that in no dramas

1250223038.jpg

each to their own....

Disturbing wrong to who? everyone has their own opinion...

Disturbing from an engineering standpoint. The suspension and steering will be under far greater stress in that configuration compared to offsets closer to +45ish.

I recently sold my 514rwhp 2JZ Soarer, and even with that I kept to +38 offset (12mm from standard) even on a 10" wide rim to maintain driveability.

I don't have any problem with the aesthetics of it, but for a street car it's just begging to be pulled over :(

• 2 months later...

Well, I have finally got off my lazy ass and upgraded my rims. :)

I guess it's a matter of personal choice, but I absolutely love dish. Gotta have it! I think these ones suit the car well.

Rims are Koya Inox R1. 19", staggered 8.5" wide at the front, 9.5" wide at the rear. Wears 265 rubber in the rear, and 235 in the front.

Next step would be to get the car lowered, looks a bit ridiculous the way it is now, but one step at a time haha. Will get around to that in the next couple of weeks. First gotta sort out a small issue, the front rims rub a litle bit when turning...

Here are some pics, just after I had them installed. Nothing fancy, will do nice pics once she's lowered though hehe.

11jno6t.jpg

1jqoao.jpg

148oxut.jpg

29z31qr.jpg

Rear:

ifygpl.jpg

Front:

fwkbba.jpg

What do you think? :)

hi Danslex,

sorry to revive an old thread, my new wheels setup is exactly the same as yours, did you managed to resolve your small rubbing issue?

hi Danslex,

sorry to revive an old thread, my new wheels setup is exactly the same as yours, did you managed to resolve your small rubbing issue?

Oh really? They're great wheels hey. They do feel heavier in comparison to stockies though.

I'm not really sure how to fix the rubbing issue. It is a minor rub though, and only happens ocasionally so it hasn't bothered me really all that much. I presume yours rub also?

Hey DANSLEX,

Did you drop your ride mate?

Show us some pics will you....!!

=)

Grrr, had too many committments lately, and not enough cash for fun *sigh* :( I was gonna chuck in cheapie $500 Kings springs, but decided to get something quality that costs a bit more. As soon as it happens I'll post them up. Shoudl look decent then.

• 2 years later...

Here's a set up of my wheels with the ISF ones on and some edited photos too :P

They're 19" ISF ones staggered fit 19x8 and 19x9.5, 255 on the back and 235 on the front, the front guards at stock height scrub against the inner wall but not against guard, but I love them :) Always wanting to drop it but worried about the whole scrub issue. The guy's at Tyrepower Hawthorn hooked me up with a good deal in Victoria so if anyone else is interested hit them up :)

image3_zps74954b60.jpeg

image9_zpsaaba02ce.jpeg

image8_zps533dae83.jpeg

b5afb424cc1b11e2ac8a22000a9e2947_7_zpsef

They're 19" ISF ones staggered fit 19x8 and 19x9.5, 255 on the back and 235 on the front, the front guards at stock height scrub against the inner wall but not against guard, but I love them :) Always wanting to drop it but worried about the whole scrub issue. The guy's at Tyrepower Hawthorn hooked me up with a good deal in Victoria so if anyone else is interested hit them up :)

image3_zps74954b60.jpeg

image9_zpsaaba02ce.jpeg

image8_zps533dae83.jpeg

wow those replicas have better offset than stock

image3_zps74954b60.jpeg

wow those replicas have better offset than stock

The rears of these two pics eventhough the top pic aren't clear does not look like same offset.

The bottom pic looks agressive +20 offset-ish. I didn't think these F reps were anything lower than +35.

Was there a special on these wheels somewhere lately.

​In the last week ive seen at least ten different cars with replica setups around sydney..

Was there a special on these wheels somewhere lately.

​In the last week ive seen at least ten different cars with replica setups around sydney..

Well I've had these wheels on for a long time now haha, got them for 2k with continental tyres, very happy. And I'm from VIC :P