Aftermarket Wheels - Post Your Set-up!

That wheel looks like HSV wheel :)

well $2100 included shipping coz i got the from local site :)

The rear wheel just tucked in nicely.. u can always play around with offsets to get wider rim and tyre.

Im getting some one to fit them for me :) i recommend Top One in Arncliffe ! the owner name is Dedi and hes awsome with Tein stuff :)

I just placed an order for Tein Comfort Sport (apparently the IS250 EDFC motor is the same as S2000 so i will be using my old EDFC from S2000) and i got mine for $2100 i think its pretty cheap some other place claim $2500 and fulcrum (official AU Tein reseller) for $3200...

the sad news is that i have to wait for 4 weeks to get them from japan :( cant wait that long..

The rims offsets F 19x35x235 8.5 +42 F 19x30x265 9.5 +43

With my offset u will only get deep dish on rear, the front pretty much no dish but planning to get endless caliper kit sometime in the future (it wont fit if i chose the dish)

i will take some pic of the rear soon :)

ive seen few IS250 but they all pretty much stock, and i believe its due to ppl are scared doing any mods might dishonored the factory warranty.

These are the babies, yeh......

Tein CS raceinspired.com

What prices have you found in Au?

With the 265's @ the rear, what off-set did you go with? Do you reakon you could post a rear view pic of the car?

From what I have researched thus far, that is a damn good price! How much U paying for shipping?

Are you going to fit em or have you got some one??

Again, anytime anyone mentions the warranty factor, yeah im one of those that falls into it. The only reason why is that I've got the 08' build and yes, still 4 years to go! Not that its going to stop me regarding the drop though! As we all probably would agree, its a must especially when you go with the non oem looking wheels!! (ie. any ones that have a dish and not full faced)!!

See, Im curious to see how your rears fill the guards. Thats the reason im still tossing up between the dished WORK VR T1S's and the full faced Enkei FS-01's

Oh yes, the question is out to all of ya'll yet again. Anyone have either of these wheels on their cars???

Spose it does a bit. What I was looking for out a full faced mag was something sim to what is currently on the Audi R8's. Concave from the wheel nuts out. (Maybe I just want too much)!

I guess I will keep admiring what you all have till I get the perfect set!!

By locally, did you source the Teins through Top ONe as well, or are they only do the fit?

Man, ya car is gonna look hot when ya get the drop done. I know its 4 weeks, but it gonna be worth the wait!!! ( Love to see how it handles when you get em on)!!! We talk'n rails! ;) But I guess the s2000 is known for the handling too being so small!!

• Replies 191
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Here's mine. I was tempted by a set of OZ RACING Superturismo's but ended up getting these.

Le Mans Racing LMR06.

Front & Back: 235/40/18 Offset 42

I ended up not going with staggered wheels.

I'm starting to see far more customised IS250's out there which is a good thing.

post-1101-1219483070_thumb.jpg

I reckon it does. However, I get very very slight rubbing on the front as I brake hard downhill and put on full lock (like when I'm zipping around in the car park at work). It's so slight that I haven't done anything about it.

Here's mine. I was tempted by a set of OZ RACING Superturismo's but ended up getting these.

Le Mans Racing LMR06.

I'm starting to see far more customised IS250's out there which is a good thing.

Very neat look!

They look like an OEM wheel. Well done!

You will have to change your profile to " No longer do I have those 16's"

Le Mans Racing LMR06.

Very neat look!

They look like an OEM wheel. Well done!

You will have to change your profile to " No longer do I have those 16's"

Hahaha! I wrote that when I first joined this forum ages and ages ago. I have to say that it is great that this forum is alive again.

Come on y'all, whats going on. All you guys out there that have these awesome wheels need to post some pics!!!

All us "stockers" need some inspiration!!! We started things off well, surely there are more of y'all out there! Good news is, I shall hopefully be posting along side ya guys soon!!! Watch this space!!! ;)

i saw an IS250 on silverwater rd today, it was the white/blue colour and it had a full body kit, not sure which as i was three two lanes over and there was a car in the way! also had boot spoiler, f sport wheels, f sport brakes and by the sound of him taking off at the lights i'd have to say f sport intake as well. it was truly one hot looking ride! the body kit just make the car look complete!

OH NO,

Have we lost intensity or what!!! I think we need someone to do something drastic with their ride to spur this forum on!!

(I know im guilty of not contributing "mind blowing" stuff)!!!! (Im trying y'all, just need to get my ride to even par with some of you veterans)!!! :D

Sorry, should of posted this in the other topic!! I know!! Losing the plot!!

No wheels yet cos still under the high interest rate thumb.

yeah, i think thats just about all of us.

plus aussie dollar down so parts costing more,

plus i've got major problems with my work vehicle which has put a halt on my budget for mods on the I :-(

i know that car...

it's actually silver..

and K and N pod filter...

F sport wheels as well

he used to have a fully decked out IS200

can someone please offer their opinion on the following.

rear wheel. 18x8! am i better off with a +45 offset or +35 offset. looking for wheel to be flush with guards.

got a set of +45's already but haven't put tyres on them yet. they also come in a +35. i know +45 is good for the front but not sure about the back as my current 18x7.5 actually indent quite a bit! granted these are 1/2 inch bigger but don't think that makes that much of a difference.

thoughts ppl? +35 or +45?

i know that car...

it's actually silver..

F sport wheels as well

rear wheel. 18x8! am i better off with a +45 offset or +35 offset. looking for wheel to be flush with guards.

got a set of +45's already but haven't put tyres on them yet. they also come in a +35. i know +45 is good for the front but not sure about the back as my current 18x7.5 actually indent quite a bit! granted these are 1/2 inch bigger but don't think that makes that much of a difference.

I assume that you have played with the following tools / guides, but I thought I would put the links up as reference for those that haven't. Also I have added this simple explanation that I found posted elsewhere. I thought it was put quite well.

The offset of a wheel is the distance from its hub mounting surface to the centreline of the wheel. The offset can be one of three types;

Zero Offset

The hub mounting surface is even with the centreline of the wheel.

Positive

The hub mounting surface is toward the front or wheel side of the wheel. Positive offset wheels are generally found on front wheel drive cars and newer rear drive cars.

Negative

The hub mounting surface is toward the back or brake side of the wheels centreline. "Deep dish" wheels are typically a negative offset.

If the offset of the wheel is not correct for the car, the handling can be adversely affected. When the width of the wheel changes, the offset also changes numerically. If the offset were to stay the same while you added width, the additional width would be split evenly between the inside and outside. For most cars, this would not work correctly.

Offset Calc

Tyre size Calc

Pretty offset Calc

Are your new wheels Full faced or dished cevu??

i know that car...

it's actually silver..

F sport wheels as well

I assume that you have played with the following tools / guides, but I thought I would put the links up as reference for those that haven't. Also I have added this simple explanation that I found posted elsewhere. I thought it was put quite well.

The offset of a wheel is the distance from its hub mounting surface to the centreline of the wheel. The offset can be one of three types;

Zero Offset

Positive

The hub mounting surface is toward the front or wheel side of the wheel. Positive offset wheels are generally found on front wheel drive cars and newer rear drive cars.

Negative

The hub mounting surface is toward the back or brake side of the wheels centreline. "Deep dish" wheels are typically a negative offset.

If the offset of the wheel is not correct for the car, the handling can be adversely affected. When the width of the wheel changes, the offset also changes numerically. If the offset were to stay the same while you added width, the additional width would be split evenly between the inside and outside. For most cars, this would not work correctly.

Offset Calc

Tyre size Calc

Pretty offset Calc

thanks for your advice.

i'll have a look at it.

it's just the pdw novas that i posted previously. full faced.

post-2533-1220265300_thumb.jpg

i know that car...

it's actually silver..

F sport wheels as well

Zero Offset

Positive

Negative

Offset Calc

Tyre size Calc

Pretty offset Calc

thanks for your advice.

i'll have a look at it.

knew i could count on you projectis to come through!

the last calculator worked it out perfectly.

thanks heaps.

pm your details and i'll make a back up when i get some time on the weekend.

cheers,

i know that car...

it's actually silver..

F sport wheels as well

Zero Offset

Positive

Negative

Offset Calc

Tyre size Calc

Pretty offset Calc

thanks for your advice.

i'll have a look at it.

thanks heaps.

cheers,

No worries,

I didn't know if you ended up getting the Nova's or if you got something else. You went quiet thats all!!

Knowing the fitments for the lexus, what did you work out, was 45 too much with the extra width??

i know that car...

it's actually silver..

F sport wheels as well

Zero Offset

Positive

Negative

Offset Calc

Tyre size Calc

Pretty offset Calc

thanks for your advice.

i'll have a look at it.

thanks heaps.

cheers,

No worries,

I didn't know if you ended up getting the Nova's or if you got something else. You went quiet thats all!!

Knowing the fitments for the lexus, what did you work out, was 45 too much with the extra width??

picked them up week or so ago but have been busy with my work van having problems so been focused on trying to get that sorted out!

the thing is the factory 18's i had on were:

18x8 +45 Front

18x8.5 +50 Rear

My new ones are 18x8 +45 all round. Fronts are perfect match but rears i wasn't too sure. Factory offset was slightly indented compared to the novas but the wheels were half inch wider. anyhow, to cut a long story short the calculator you provided worked it out that the novas would be indented in by 1mm compared to factory, so pretty much same same!

thanks heaps.

cheers,

No worries. Im just waiting to see if a friend comes through for me with V12. Also, I have had other offers from the community! You guys rock!! B)

Voxx Saga 19 x 8.5 i think from memory. Only mod i have done. Thinking of exhaust but not sure which way to go. Want something for up to $1k.

Up for any suggestions/locations to source although likley another forum.

My first post. Hope it works

post-2717-1220593510_thumb.jpgpost-2717-1220593527_thumb.jpgpost-2717-1220593543_thumb.jpgpost-2717-1220593565_thumb.jpg

Sorry for the poor quality. Will try to add others soon.

Love these wheels tho.

Voxx Saga 19 x 8.5 i think from memory. Only mod i have done. Thinking of exhaust but not sure which way to go. Want something for up to $1k.

Up for any suggestions/locations to source although likley another forum.

My first post. Hope it works

post-2717-1220593510_thumb.jpgpost-2717-1220593527_thumb.jpgpost-2717-1220593543_thumb.jpgpost-2717-1220593565_thumb.jpg

Sorry for the poor quality. Will try to add others soon.

Love these wheels tho.

looks good! very clean garage you've got there too......! obviously done your spring cleaning aye?

i'm getting a tanabe exhaust from www.raceinspired.com

heard a lot of good things about it. from what i've read it's also the only one with no drone!

they also say it's a little quiet but i'm not looking for anything too much anyway.

250 shipped! also the tips look very nice!

http://raceinspired.com/ps-6914-237-tanabe...wd-2006-up.aspx

could also have a look at PTS. it's a true dual exhaust but a little pricey. plus add 600 for shipping!

http://www.l-tunedparts.com/product/?id=2920

http://www.l-tunedparts.com/product/?id=2921

heard a lot of good things about it. from what i've read it's also the only one with no drone!

they also say it's a little quiet but i'm not looking for anything too much anyway.

could also have a look at PTS. it's a true dual exhaust but a little pricey. plus add 600 for shipping!

Thought about getting the f-sport exhaust from the US? Looks nice - probably pretty expensive though.

I would love to get the f-sport lower springs, exhaust, air intake, and crossbars etc. I think the engine case is a bit of a rip off though. The perforated disc brakes look nice too. Wonder if anyone stocks these in australia yet as it would cost a mint to freight them here.

Thought about getting the f-sport exhaust from the US? Looks nice - probably pretty expensive though.

I would love to get the f-sport lower springs, exhaust, air intake, and crossbars etc. I think the engine case is a bit of a rip off though. The perforated disc brakes look nice too. Wonder if anyone stocks these in australia yet as it would cost a mint to freight them here.

you can get all of the fsport gear from lexus of chatswood. speak to sid in parts. he can bring them in.

the fsport exhaust is pretty much a HKS exhaust but double the price and carries the fsport branding instead of HKS. not worth the extra imo.

i'll be getting the lowering springs in the next fortnight so will post how that goes.