LEXUS 2014 IS RANGE  

59 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Definitely Black, metallic if available, but won't decide until i drive both the 350 & the 300h. If the 4 cylinder is rubbish, as is in the RX270, then I'll go with the 350 F for sure.

I'd definitely go for a darker colour. the 300h looks to be very interesting, more power than the 250 with less fuel usage.

but I think will definitely have to go for the 350 next. Need the power!!!!

exciting times coming up.

Hm... the new IS...

Mixed feelings, the headlight isn't in my taste, looks unique but unrefined IMHO.

Personally, I would prefer the new clean GS front end. Why can't Lexus they just stick with the one piece design!

A bit disappointed, hope it'll look better in real life. Hope lexus price it right.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I still think they need a better range of engines and transmissions in order to beat BMW. Let alone how the public takes to the controversial looks (I like it though).

The rear 3/4 view I found difficult initially, I got used to it the more I looked.

It's definitely a risky design and with Lexus stance too high with wheels too small (aside from IS F and LFA) I'm not sure such an extreme design will be pulled off mass-market. I hope I'm wrong.

More and more u look at this thing it gets better

I really like it

Once you have digested the oulanderish looks

Its actually really nice

Im in for the next model

But most likely the rcf

Not the 4door

I still think they need a better range of engines and transmissions.

I'm guessing you haven't read about the new 8 speed with a g force sensor that detects when you are cornering.

Yes but I'm not sure that addresses the problem. There is a lack of consumer choice in engine and transmission options, particularly compared to BMW they state they are targeting.

By they I mean Lexus, with Junichi Furuyama (Chief Engineer) speaking for them when he specifically said that 3 series was best in class and that was who they were targeting with the new car.

I think the new IS will fall short of its goal (especially) if it can't address the lack of powertrain options.

By they I mean Lexus, with Junichi Furuyama (Chief Engineer) speaking for them when he specifically said that 3 series was best in class and that was who they were targeting with the new car.

Thanks for that Ezo, I hadn't read anything where Lexus had targeted any specific car.

Why would they ignore the Benz C class?

Won't there be 3 different engines & 3 different transmissions?

2.5 V6

2.5 hybrid

3.5 V6

8 speed auto

CVT

6 speed auto? (IS250?)

Apart from a manual what is missing that you want Ezo?

I didn't think there was a 6 speed auto in the new IS?

Even if there is, there is no double clutch and no manual. Then the problem (very) limited engine choices (3, or 4 with IS F). And 2 body styles for the previous model, I'll give them 3 for this one.

The E90 3 Series had 10 engine specs and 3 or 4 transmission specs. Not to mention they were available in 4 body styles (or was it 5?).

I'm not mathematician but that is a massive difference in possibility.