LEXUS 2014 IS RANGE  

59 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

i dont want to get into this too much

i think what the chief was saying bmw is the leader as in the

chassis and driving expereicne

lexus is more focused on making a chassis that is more driver orientated

not matching bmw 3's engine to engine variant to variant

lexus is more focused on providing a car that is catered for you

where bmw is more of a customised car to your taste which ends up costing abit more than usual

Lexus/Toyota are going up against the Audi A, Merc C, BMW 3 series etc. If they beat them, they'll do it by leveraging their own strengths & not by trying to be more like the competition. More variants/options is both a positive & negative. I for one, prefer the simplicity in the Lexus offering. Base petrol (enough for most people), maximised eco-friendly (hybrid), higher performance value petrol (350) & all out (ISF). Deciding on options is much easier too under a "bundling" strategy.

Personally, I love it & think it's destined for success. Will consider changing my 08 IS250 to the coming generation IS350 when it's midway through its lifecycle.

It allows Lexus to build and sell the cars for less thanks to scale. It's what has always been done since the brand started with the LS400, with the German rivals even having air conditioning as an option. As usual, the Japanese really cleaned up the market.

We just have a problem where the engines/transmissions are limited on choice; under-powered and/or heavy on fuel. Slipping another two or three engines and another transmission won't dilute the "packaged luxury" of Lexus. It will only benefit the consumer. I doubt we will see it this life cycle of the IS though.

I think Lexus might well have BMW pipped with driving dynamics this time, if the GS vs 5 series is anything to go by.

Bit of a conundrum. Used IS-F's are starting to approach new IS 350 prices. Discuss...

I presume you talking about the 2014 IS350...

Easy Choice:

You want ultimate speed machine, old school V8 and not really care about the aging interior then go with an used IS-F.

You want a fast car, modem look, fresher interior, and host of new tech features then the new IS350 for sure.

Bit of a conundrum. Used IS-F's are starting to approach new IS 350 prices. Discuss...

This is a thread for the new generation IS that is coming out in July.

If you want to talk about used IS-Fs & current gen IS350, maybe start a seperate thread.

Used cars are used cars. Luxury car lease type buyers care about buying brand new, boy enthusiasts don't care as much. No different to used M3's selling @ 335 prices. Both sell.

Back on topic, really love the new interior. Looks like a much enhanced, more luxurious version of the 86 interior (which is great as it is).

You can lease both new and used. Depends if you want new that bad that you're prepared to cop the depreciation. Some people just have to have new, while others would never buy new (me, especially in this country). I'm just happy people do buy new so I can buy a couple of years later!

Love this preview, heaps of good info:

http://lexusenthusiast.com/2013/03/25/2014-lexus-is-preview/

• 2 weeks later...

I'm more than impressed. That's what I'm saying.

There are details that don't show up in photos.

The F-sport front has more shape to it that doesn't come out in photos. It really is surprising.

Plus the number plate bracket breaks up the front nicely.

The back end is A LOT better too.

Lexus designers have hit a home run with this thing.

What is everones opinion on run flats???

Noisey and hard.

Are they on the new IS?

DisLexSic. Have you been out of australia recently. Is your looks better in the flesh a local comment.

What is everones opinion on run flats???

Run-flat tyres was probably the feature that critics held most against the BMW 3 Series. If Lexus is consciously trying to outdo the 3 Series, why would they even contemplate it in the 2014 IS?

It would be a boon for boot space, particularly in the hybrid model. But for a winner, it would have to be a revolutionary tyre or vehicle design that transmits almost no additional noise into the cabin.

Noisey and hard.

Are they on the new IS?

Yes & no.

DisLexSic. Have you been out of australia recently.

Is your looks better in the flesh a local comment.

Haven't been out of the country this year.

Yes my comment is local. Seen it, touched it but yet to drive it. Can't wait for my first drive.

350 F in Mercury with red trim. WOW

&

300h SL in Titanium(new colour).

The model line up is different to current model with more choice.

Standard equipment is impressive.

Give me a call during the week if you've got any questions or come see me. I've got some stuff to show you that you'll like.

• 1 month later...