i've been quoted about 600 bucks for my service..

i just want to know what they actually change, cause personally i think 600 bucks is quite a fair bit, but then again i just would like to know what they change so i can see if i can source things myself and go to my own mechanic..

is it just

oil filter, brake pads, wiper change, air filter.

i've been quoted about 600 bucks for my service..

i just want to know what they actually change, cause personally i think 600 bucks is quite a fair bit, but then again i just would like to know what they change so i can see if i can source things myself and go to my own mechanic..

is it just

oil filter, brake pads, wiper change, air filter.

$600 sounds about right for a standard 30K service, oil and filters only. 30K should not need new pads nor wiper change. Not this soon anyway.

Dis-lex-sic's right ... You'll probably find, though, that oil, oil filter and air filter is included. Brake pads or wiper blades are replaced when required (or when the service centre sees fit to do do) and at extra cost.

The seemingly high price depends on what you're comparing it to. It's not too much more than the service on a comparable Toyota branded vehicle by a Toyota dealership, and may simply factor in the costs of Lexus value-added benefits, such as a car wash and vacuum and a Lexus loan vehicle. Some dealerships offer a "L'Express" option where, at no added cost, you can get your vehicle serviced in one hour while you wait in reasonable comfort.

If you compare the service costs with a street corner garage or Ultra Tune you will, of course, find a noticeable price difference. (I think ilv1004s quotes the price of a DIY oil and oil filter change elsewhere on this site - $190-$200 from memory.) But I'll leave the pros and cons of getting a non-Lexus-authorised servicer to do the work to others on this forum, or to your own experience and intuition.

Mate - my service at 90K cost me nearly $1,200. They did throw in a lexus thermos flask, lindt chocolates and a couple of dealer keyrings though.

Firstly, $600 is about right, but I called around and paid closer to $500 at Chatswood. But if you live near other dealers, ring around they might give you a better price.

But.... $1200 for a 90k service. Dude, you got ripped! I could have bought you a flask for $20 and chocolates from Coles and keyrings are things bought with spare change.

What else did they do???

Any advise I can give is always ring around to see who's doing what.

$1200 for a 90k service. Dude, you got ripped!

What else did they do???

Probably need the answer to your question before telling him he got ripped.

Obviously there had to be other stuff done.

Indicative pricing only: Source http://www.lexusofblackburn.com.au/service/fixed-price-servicing/

Model..........15,00Kms/12 mths.......30,000Kms/24mths..........45,000Kms/36 mths

IS250..............No charge....................$645.00.............................$585.00

GS300............No charge....................$595.00.............................$630.00

GS460............No charge....................$740.00.............................$675.00

NG RX350.......No charge....................$615.00.............................$745.00

LS460.............No charge....................$775.00.............................$760.00

Mine costed me close to $700 (Lindt chocolates inclusive). I also found that to be quite steep, but maybe it's just me being a student again after several years of full-time employment!

Apart from the usual inspections (radiator system, tyres and wheels, fuel system, etc.), the engine and differential oils were changed, as well as the oil filter, brake fluid, and the pollen filter. Washer additive was a bargain at 97c!

I will definitely follow FrankyX's advice and ring around next time.

Mate - my service at 90K cost me nearly $1,200. They did throw in a lexus thermos flask, lindt chocolates and a couple of dealer keyrings though.

Firstly, $600 is about right, but I called around and paid closer to $500 at Chatswood. But if you live near other dealers, ring around they might give you a better price.

But.... $1200 for a 90k service. Dude, you got ripped! I could have bought you a flask for $20 and chocolates from Coles and keyrings are things bought with spare change.

What else did they do???

Any advise I can give is always ring around to see who's doing what.

I felt like I got ripped too - they quoted $900. They did change the plugs which I am aware is expensive. They also found a small pin on the rear brakes that was damaged so they replaced it. I don't have much choice but to get it serviced by the dealer as I have an extended three year warranty that the previous owner purchased. The saving grace is that it only needs to be serviced every 15K. Won't be getting tyres, brakes or wipers done by the dealer.

• 3 weeks later...

Thanks for posting up the approx service prices Dis-lex-sic; I'm nearing the 60k service - has anyone got a rough idea of what price I should be expecting? (already had the rotors done at the last service and have been through way too many tyres so hopefully won't be hit up again there!)

• 2 weeks later...

got my car booked for service next monday

im gonna need new brake pads (car has 37,000km's) 3rd year service

just wondering, what loan car did u guys get?? lol

and what filters do they change at the service??

a/c filter? intake filter? and the oils?

They gave me a very thrashed IS250 Prestige with zero options. Boy do I feel good about getting the Nav/Bluetooth/Reverse Camera options now. Totally worth the cost. The car is useless to me without them.

I had a thrashed IS250 with zero options also. then I had an '09 SL. I want to try out the RX's but they didn't have them "available" at the time. I will be heading to my 3rd service soon.

HAHAHAHA

i should request a IS-F, they already gimme looks with i roll in with the red p's, LOL

i saw another green p plater when i went to the service centre in roseville 2 days ago, hahahaha, i was like OMG, another p plater!! WOOOT!!

oh and the matte black vinyl'd IS-F was there again, lol

What a funny coincidence. I also just took my sports luxury in for service tpday and got a basic IS as a loaner. BOY OH BOY do I miss all the gadgets that I'm already taking for granted. Rear cam, GPS, sensor wipers and radar cruise control were the main ones. Funny how I'm already taking things for granted that 10 years ago we hadn't even thought of!

What a funny coincidence. I also just took my sports luxury in for service tpday and got a basic IS as a loaner. BOY OH BOY do I miss all the gadgets that I'm already taking for granted. Rear cam, GPS, sensor wipers and radar cruise control were the main ones. Funny how I'm already taking things for granted that 10 years ago we hadn't even thought of!

oh...i forgot....the headlights...oh my god...the headlights!