• 2 weeks later...

Well I'm curious who has had a new intake installed..I've got one ordered from the US (not ebay stuff) from my mechanic from KN/Rocket.

Has anyone dumped one of these into their car? I've read reviews, watched youtube etc about it but obivously doing it for real is very different.

This is definitely going to be my next mod, cant wait till it comes in. I have been put on the waiting list.

Check it out

http://au.lexusowner...indpost&p=36718

Looks like its available for purchase now

When I have the spare $600 I'm going to get it ;)

• 1 month later...

are you talking about putting a cold air intake?

Well got the cold air intake installed. Glad I did it. Most noticable immediate difference is the sound. With only a small poke on the go peddle it makes a nice deeper sound.

Similar to the sound when you previously had to stomp on the go peddle to get anything remotely decent sounding happening.

The good thing is that pottering around it makes no noticable difference in sound unlike those annoying crap drain pipe exhausts on buzz box cars that drone away and sound awful.

On the driving front, nothing noticable at low revs but once moving and from 3000rpm upwards in 2 and 3rd it comes to life in sound and with a bit more gusto.

Not a lot (approx 12-15hp) but for a few hundred bucks installed (and under a local warranty as it was ordered through K&N locally) it does the trick.

Have to say above 100km/h it has a good bit more poke especially for evertaking. Took it for a very long drive up north and it was better on the fuel

(during the times I wasn't annoying the wife by making it sing) and definately sat a few revs lower at 100-110km/h.

Will post some pics when I can be bothered to take the stupid covers off. Even the mechanic cracked it with the different screws, plugs etc holding them in place.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

So apparently it is the end of the world.... I don’t care, I got an early Christmas present that arrived at my parents place =) YAY!!!!

Bought off eBay for ~$96, much better than paying Lexus ~$500 odd for it. The colour match is perfect! And the fitment is also great! I wasn’t too surprised as I had read on the club Lexus forums that other people have had really good fitment and colour matching by these guys. It arrived so quickly as well. 6 days from the time I bought it and delivered to my door with full tracking. I could not be happier.

20121221_122244.jpg

Test fitment outside my parent’s place with the help of my little brother:

20121221_122104.jpg

20121221_122112.jpg

So fast forward a couple of hours and I’m back at home and I couldn’t wait any longer so I installed the lip. In hindsight, it would have been a lot easier to install with two people so you can have one person holding it and making adjustments while the second person looks to see that it is in the middle and what not. Or if you can wait, you could buy the install diagram from Sewell in the US and wait for it to arrive... F!#!$# that!!! I’m not waiting... LOL

Hopefully I don’t need to drive again tonight... It's just held on by 3M double sided tape with some adhesion bonding thing that came with it.

Anyways, more pics....excuse the phone camera shots if they aren’t that good. I was just so excited I couldn’t be bothered running back upstairs to get my proper camera.

20121221_170056.jpg

20121221_170042.jpg

Yes I'm a photo whore... Any chance to take photos, I'll do it. Leave me alone :D

• 2 weeks later...

They are Tanabe NF210 springs! Says it gives an even drop of 0.7" all round, but it actually looks a bit lower in person. I didn't want to go too low risking scrapes, rough bumps and excessive camber wear.

They are Tanabe NF210 springs! Says it gives an even drop of 0.7" all round, but it actually looks a bit lower in person. I didn't want to go too low risking scrapes, rough bumps and excessive camber wear.

Lol rough bumps. Scrapes and excessive camber wear are part of my life now. Lol.

Looks good.

So apparently it is the end of the world.... I don’t care, I got an early Christmas present that arrived at my parents place =) YAY!!!!

Bought off eBay for ~$96, much better than paying Lexus ~$500 odd for it. The colour match is perfect! And the fitment is also great! I wasn’t too surprised as I had read on the club Lexus forums that other people have had really good fitment and colour matching by these guys. It arrived so quickly as well. 6 days from the time I bought it and delivered to my door with full tracking. I could not be happier.

Test fitment outside my parent’s place with the help of my little brother:

So fast forward a couple of hours and I’m back at home and I couldn’t wait any longer so I installed the lip. In hindsight, it would have been a lot easier to install with two people so you can have one person holding it and making adjustments while the second person looks to see that it is in the middle and what not. Or if you can wait, you could buy the install diagram from Sewell in the US and wait for it to arrive... F!#!$# that!!! I’m not waiting... LOL

Hopefully I don’t need to drive again tonight... It's just held on by 3M double sided tape with some adhesion bonding thing that came with it.

Anyways, more pics....excuse the phone camera shots if they aren’t that good. I was just so excited I couldn’t be bothered running back upstairs to get my proper camera.

Yes I'm a photo whore... Any chance to take photos, I'll do it. Leave me alone :D

Which Ebay seller did you get this from pre-painted? $96 + shipping or inclusive?

Which Ebay seller did you get this from pre-painted? $96 + shipping or inclusive?

Here is the link to the place I bought it from:

http://cgi.ebay.com.au/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=370713308421

I just checked my statement, actually cost me $94.45AUD. Shipping was free from them.

• 3 weeks later...

Hi everyone,

I haven't posted my car here before but I just installed the MY2012 LED headlights which I bought from Danny here so figure now is a time to start!

Sorry the pics aren't the best, took them with my phone.

Thanks Danny for everything :)

314746_10152435224495144_74058526_n.jpg

269249_10152441462315144_1791133343_n.jpg

402197_10152441462465144_42642573_n.jpg

Hi everyone,

I haven't posted my car here before but I just installed the MY2012 LED headlights which I bought from Danny here so figure now is a time to start!

Sorry the pics aren't the best, took them with my phone.

Thanks Danny for everything :)

314746_10152435224495144_74058526_n.jpg

269249_10152441462315144_1791133343_n.jpg

402197_10152441462465144_42642573_n.jpg

very nice looks great!!