Howdy, ok not a mod...yet! But wondering if someone can have a look at this and advise if this is easy to do or if I would need an auto electrician. I have X and want to install a switch that closes the mirrors when I turn the ignition off and opens the mirrors when I start the car. Not to sure about the wiring diagram so any input would be appreciated.

AUTO MIRROR.tiff.pdf

Howdy, ok not a mod...yet! But wondering if someone can have a look at this and advise if this is easy to do or if I would need an auto electrician. I have X and want to install a switch that closes the mirrors when I turn the ignition off and opens the mirrors when I start the car. Not to sure about the wiring diagram so any input would be appreciated.

it is possible. the wiring diagram makes sense to me im an electrician tho, is this something you can buy?..

BUT!! im not sure it will really be worth the time it takes to do it.

depends how bad you want it really. but its would take a few good hours or more at an auto electrician and probably longer to diy. BUT!!!! if you can get IS250 wiring diagrams somehow. it will half the time to do it.

Early LS430's had the mirrors fold in linked to the ignitition being switched off.

If the mirror folds in when you turn the ignition off you can't see whats coming before you open the door. Great way of collecting cyclists or losing your door.

After a short period, Lexus mirror folding was changed so it was linked to the lock/unlock of the doors.

Just a thought.

Just noticed a pair of headlights on ebay forsale in Sydney for $400 buy it now!! Figured they might be ideal for those wanting to do the Angel eye or blacking out mods!!! (Especially if you like me and don't want to stuff up your originals). Heatguns , ovens and headlights generally don't mix!!!! Unless you got a 100% success rate on mods like Justin!! (Cevu as I know there are a few justins here)!!!

Chris, didn't realise you were a sparky mate!!!! Can you hook me up with about 30m of 3phase cable??? biggrin.gif

Just noticed a pair of headlights on ebay forsale in Sydney for $400 buy it now!! Figured they might be ideal for those wanting to do the Angel eye or blacking out mods!!! (Especially if you like me and don't want to stuff up your originals). Heatguns , ovens and headlights generally don't mix!!!! Unless you got a 100% success rate on mods like Justin!! (Cevu as I know there are a few justins here)!!!

Chris, didn't realise you were a sparky mate!!!! Can you hook me up with about 30m of 3phase cable??? biggrin.gif

cmon dennis! you're going to jinx me, but yes so far i have been very lucky! :-)

Thanks so much for your reply...well guess what have a look at the attachment, would this help?

it is possible. the wiring diagram makes sense to me im an electrician tho, is this something you can buy?..

depends how bad you want it really. but its would take a few good hours or more at an auto electrician and probably longer to diy. BUT!!!! if you can get IS250 wiring diagrams somehow. it will half the time to do it.

IS250 mirror control LH.tiff.pdf

haha denis that stuff isn't that easy to lets say . . . . "aquire"

Thanks so much for your reply...well guess what have a look at the attachment, would this help?

It helps, but it would be nice to compare it with a diagram of that for an IS model variant that has the auto folding mirrors as standard :D

Without it, my guess is you'll need an SPST Normally Closed automotive relay switch. The relay coil goes across the orange cable (pin 8). One of the relay contacts are connected to the power supply for the power windows, and the other to the green cable (pin 9). When the power to the accessories is turned off, but the power to the windows is still available - as is the case when you have just switched off the engine - the relay switch will close, causing the mirror's retracting motor to fold the mirror.

This is just my guess, but I hope it helps.

Yes it does thank you so much for all your input.

It helps, but it would be nice to compare it with a diagram of that for an IS model variant that has the auto folding mirrors as standard :D

Without it, my guess is you'll need an SPST Normally Closed automotive relay switch. The relay coil goes across the orange cable (pin 8). One of the relay contacts are connected to the power supply for the power windows, and the other to the green cable (pin 9). When the power to the accessories is turned off, but the power to the windows is still available - as is the case when you have just switched off the engine - the relay switch will close, causing the mirror's retracting motor to fold the mirror.

• 2 weeks later...

Stupid FedEx delivered ONE wheel -hopefully I'll get the other three tomorrow.

18x9F

18x10R

19's with offsets that would fit an IS had no tentative production date, so I just went with 18's.

I'll have them mounted for the next meet!

Yes it does thank you so much for all your input.

I've done something very similar to this on a Smart Roadster... I'll see if I can work this out before the Sydney cruise, as it's something I've wanted my car to do since I bought it, but never had time or a diagram to go off. Hopefully I can work some magic... fingers crossed.

Nah... +20's are too aggresive - this is a daily driver so I went with +36 all round... still need to roll the fenders tho :D

i got plus +24's may be slipping on a 3-5mm spacer yet

got jic's getting fitted in 3ish weeks so ill have to wait to chck th fitment :)

• 3 weeks later...

wow

they look REALLY nice

there goes the stock look you wanted to keep, ahahahahahaha

makes me wanna lower my car with some Tein S Tech springs, i just cant justify the price for coilovers, with my budget

ARGH!!!

LED Lights or Springs!!!!

i cant choose